The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Looking for a great Shield tech build for pvp

Pathlight-

Hi everyone,

just started levelling a PT that I intend to tank with in pvp. I'm looking for a good all around tanking build for warzones. My goal is to be as hard to kill as possible while having great utility. Damage is only secondary.

Please let me know what are your favorite pvp tanking builds.

Cheers

I took a build that had Jet Speed instead of Coolant. Would that be better or no?

It really depends, personally I would say no as you're giving up extra healing for slightly faster walking. That said it would actually be REALLY good for huttball if you're the carrier since you're constantly getting attacked and you need to move as fast as possible.

Like I said it depends, the only real use I could see for it would be in huttball when coolant could be useful anwhere.

I would take them of Advanced Tools. The CD on Flamethrower is basicly negligeable since you're far more interrested in you ICD on Flame Engine. The CD reduction on Grapple is nice but it doesn't beat more speed IMO :o

It's personal preference really. I feel that grapple has more utility than moving 30% faster since you can use it to interrupt, drag in healers, peal off people, stall, fire trap kill, pull ball carriers, mess with those pesky mercs, etc. But that's just my preference.

Consider moving Flame engine points into Stun reduction time. Flame Engine isn't worth it for pvp.

You want the speed boost. You're almost always taking damage-directly or through guard-so you will always bee faster... and when you need to get to your team in a hurry, every boost is good.

Grapple cooldown is excellent for maximizing utility. Those pulls become vital in ranked.

If you're geared out well enough, you can reach 40k with only one or two points in the endurance skill, thus freeing up for more utility.