your personal ship

Maybe they'll expand on PvP space combat in the distant future (well after Inquisition's release *drool*), but this is highly unlikely for the near future. It's more likely that we're getting a new planet/ops/etc. before anything like this. The devs commented about how your class ship is much, much larger than the starfighters in GSF, so they would need something like open-world space flight for it to fly around in. Current GSF maps are likely far too small. Edited by TrinityLyre

it would be reasonably easy to rescale/retexture the class ships at a microscale.

Not so easy to match all the components to them, that would take some studio time.

It is a nice idea for a new mix, but would also work better if you could dye and dress them with some 'ace paint jobs'.

Hmmm, possible start for an idea for a new game mode, assuming they can work out the kinks of how the class ship gear translates into functionality in GSF first of course:

1) at start of battle 1 player from each squadron is picked at random to spawn in their class ship instead of a starfighter

2) whenever a class ship is destroyed the next player who respawns (in that same squadron, excluding the former class ship pilot) will spawn in their class ship instead of a starfighter

3) scoring: deathmatch with 1 starfighter kill = 1 point and 1 class ship kill = 10 points (end match at something like 100 or 150 points?)

I'm thinking the little "A-wing" type ship you fly in from fleet station to the Gav Daragon was the stealth model. But that's just my opinion :)

-J'exx (republic privateer) 55'slinger THE Ebon Hawk

-Stalker (imperial Intellegence) 43 ops THE Ebon Hawk

I'm thinking the little "A-wing" type ship you fly in from fleet station to the Gav Daragon was the stealth model.

It's a good thing it got pushed off indefinitely, then. I'm not sure I can play something that ugly. Bananaboat... maybe!

Edited by TrinityLyre

I've come across a page when trying to search for information on the stealth ship type which had apparently pulled information from the sources which cannot be talked about here and they had images of one example per faction of all 5 ship types before GSF launched. The infiltrators that are shown on that page... Well, the Republic one is an awkward narrow box sitting on top of thin wings with two big engine pods off to the sides. And the Imperial one is kind of like a big bulky love child of a strike fighter and a gunship.