Ssd?

TheFuture

How big of a SSD would I need to install SWTOR and windows on it?

Would 256gb suffice?

256 is plenty, I have swtor, the pts, adn Guild wars on my machine, that, coupled with TS, Vent, Mumble, and obvi Windows, and I still have roughly 35GB free wtih only a 120GB SSD.

256 is plenty

Would 256gb suffice?

I built a new system last November, and that is about the size I got, I keep most of my games on there as well as the OS and it's just a bit over half full.

Edited by MaximusRex

Would 256gb suffice?

If you're only installing Windows and SW:TOR on it, you can get away with 64 GB. 256 GB allows you to install plenty of other games and programs as well.

Hi,

If you have space enough in your chassi and enough sata-connections i recommend getting 2 smaller ssd's instead. Old HD's are getting cheaper per GB the bigger they are. SSD's are about the same $ per GB regardless of size. Get a 64 only for the OS (that's plenty) and a 128 for your favourite games. This will probably be cheaper than one 256 and you will get incredible speed loading any game you run from the second ssd.

Regards and happy hunting:)

/T

Edited by toragn
Wrong number...:p

If you're only installing Windows and SW:TOR on it, you can get away with 64 GB. 256 GB allows you to install plenty of other games and programs as well.

Might be asking for trouble somewhere down the road though, since MMO's tend to grow over time. I'm sure SWTOR's already grown quite a few GB since its launch.

I'd stick with the 256 (or at the very least a 128).

Hi,

If you have space enough in your chassi and enough sata-connections i recommend getting 2 smaller ssd's instead. Old HD's are getting cheaper per GB the bigger they are. SSD's are about the same $ per GB regardless of size. Get a 64 only for the OS (that's plenty) and a 128 for your favourite games. This will probably be cheaper than one 256 and you will get incredible speed loading any game you run from the second ssd.

Regards and happy hunting:)

/T

Or that. :p

Edited by Callaron

It's plenty. However, I would suggest having that 250ish regardless incase you want to install something else as well later on and still have room for bloating. (new service pakcs, expansions etc)