Speeder Piloting Legacy Perk

TheCrazyPlayer

Greetings, folks.

As some people may know, for some time there was a "glitch" in the Legacy system that allowed you to purchase all ranks of the Legacy Speeder Piloting perk at level 1. While this was clearly not intended, it was very advantageous to experienced players, such as myself. I've been playing SWTOR since the beta; I've done every starter world many, many times.

Last night, I played through Hutta for the first time since they "fixed" the Legacy Speeder Piloting bug, and I didn't enjoy it very much. I've gotten used to having speeders on all my characters (and since I have to spend Cartel Coin [i.e. real money] to unlock this ability, it's not "entitlement mentality"); I'm happy to spend the money for it, because it's worth it to me. Not being able to buy these perks decreases my enjoyment of the game.

Please, give us the ability to buy these perks at level 1 again. Or, please explain how having these perks is detrimental to game play.

Thank you for your time.

There were two issues. Not only were you allowed to purchase Speeder Piloting without being the required level, but you were able to purchase the top rank of Speeder Piloting without paying for the previous ranks. That was the more serious part.

I would much rather that they opened up an account wide legacy perk for Speeder Piloting. That would be awesome.

Greetings, folks.

As some people may know, for some time there was a "glitch" in the Legacy system that allowed you to purchase all ranks of the Legacy Speeder Piloting perk at level 1. While this was clearly not intended, it was very advantageous to experienced players, such as myself. I've been playing SWTOR since the beta; I've done every starter world many, many times.

Last night, I played through Hutta for the first time since they "fixed" the Legacy Speeder Piloting bug, and I didn't enjoy it very much. I've gotten used to having speeders on all my characters (and since I have to spend Cartel Coin [i.e. real money] to unlock this ability, it's not "entitlement mentality"); I'm happy to spend the money for it, because it's worth it to me. Not being able to buy these perks decreases my enjoyment of the game.

Please, give us the ability to buy these perks at level 1 again. Or, please explain how having these perks is detrimental to game play.

Thank you for your time.

I love it when people try to defend their "entitlement" mentality.

I pay real money to subscribe. Does that entitle me to anything I want? Does that entitle me to anything more than access to the servers? No, according to the TOS which each and every player electronically signs, it does not.

BW found an exploit, actually two related exploits, and fixed them. Now players are crying that they can no longer exploit a bug. Why does this not surprise me?

If you find that the game does not satisfy you, there are other games out there that might.

I love it when people try to defend their "entitlement" mentality.

You have one of the saddest attitudes of anyone on this forum. Any time someone has an idea you don't agree with, you just berate them and call them entitled and stupid and say if they don't like it, they can leave.

In general, you post quite a bit and most of your posts come down to, "if you don't agree with me, you're wrong".

I'm very unhappy about another speeder perk: expensive mounts that come with speeder piloting unlock. (Ashfall Tauntaun, Solus Secant, Sienar, Aratech Rose, etc). I have two of these, but I can't acquire them from my collections tab until level 15, though they should be in my inventory at level 10, so I could apply the speeder piloting perk and actually *use* them at level 10. Instead, I can only take them from the collections at level 15, when the attached speeder unlock is not needed anymore. Bug?

You have one of the saddest attitudes of anyone on this forum. Any time someone has an idea you don't agree with, you just berate them and call them entitled and stupid and say if they don't like it, they can leave.

In general, you post quite a bit and most of your posts come down to, "if you don't agree with me, you're wrong".

Your post is off-topic, but I will respond this time.

I notice that in your zeal to attack me personally, you elected to leave out one very important piece of information in your attack. The vast majority of the threads in which I post are started by people expecting to have things handed to them, expecting that they should have access to everything that is currently, or ever was, in the game or expecting that BW will give them a way to avoid putting forth a modicum of effort or time, even if it means throwing a few CC's at BW.

I don't recall ever telling someone that "if you don't agree with me, you're wrong", unless I could provide quotes or other evidence to back up that claim. I will voice my opinion, the same as those posters with whom I disagree can post their opinions.

If you feel otherwise, please feel free to post links to the threads in which I simply berate or tell someone since they don't agree with me that they are wrong.

Back to the topic at hand. The OP is asking that BW reinstate a bug which they fixed, a bug which the OP exploited by his own admission, so that he can throw a few CC's at BW in order to avoid the modicum of time spent on the starter worlds. Is this not the essence of the OP?

I'm very unhappy about another speeder perk: expensive mounts that come with speeder piloting unlock. (Ashfall Tauntaun, Solus Secant, Sienar, Aratech Rose, etc). I have two of these, but I can't acquire them from my collections tab until level 15, though they should be in my inventory at level 10, so I could apply the speeder piloting perk and actually *use* them at level 10. Instead, I can only take them from the collections at level 15, when the attached speeder unlock is not needed anymore. Bug?

Errrr... you do realize that when you reclaim those speeders from collections, they do NOT come with Speeder Piloting, right? It says so on the item when you buy it and in collections. You only get the speeder. If you got Speeder Piloting before 15 from somewhere else, it would let you reclaim the speeders earlier.

• 1 month later...

When I bought my speeder, it clearly stated that it included Legacy Perk Speeder Piloting 1. It did say that I could not reclaim this from collections, but as a Legacy Perk, it wouldn't need to be claimed from Collections anyway.

If I can only use Speeder Piloting 1 for the character that bought the speeder, then it is not a "Legacy Perk" but a "Character Perk".

Am I missing something here, because it seems misleading to call something a Legacy Perk that cannot be used by any legacy characters.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.