No reason not to create a Kotor 3 to go alongside swtor

nysis

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even bethesda is going to make another elder scrolls single player to go alongside their ESO

Give the people what they want :D

which would be what? I liked KOTOR because it was Revan's story KOTOR 2 I didn't much like so what could they put into a KOTOR 3 that would peak my interest in even the slightest?

Even bethesda is going to make another elder scrolls single player to go alongside their ESO

Give the people what they want :D

One major difference...

ESO is not the next game right after Skyrim as far as the storyline goes.

KOTOR 3 would fall right after KOTOR 2 (most likely at least).

Also, as they have said before SWTOR is KOTOR 3-10.

KOTOR2 with RC was the pinnacle of SP gaming for me. I am extremely happy with SWTOR, most particularly with the aspect that I give them money and they fix and update the game (YAY!) without having to wait on the modding community to clean and polish. I don't want KOTOR3. I just can't play yet another character waking up with a memory loss, and having to engage into a journey of discovery of all the awful things she'd accomplished in the past 10 or so years. Then have the company retcon her into a male character of a gigantic Mary Sue proportions (hey, mine was a Mary Sue too, but it was my Mary Sue!!!) and having him chocked down my throat at every turn. Edited by DomiSotto

One major difference...

ESO is not the next game right after Skyrim as far as the storyline goes.

KOTOR 3 would fall right after KOTOR 2 (most likely at least).

Also, as they have said before SWTOR is KOTOR 3-10.

That sounds like it was posted on a fan site. Proof? That employee probably doesn't work for EA or Bioware anymore.

That sounds like it was posted on a fan site. Proof? That employee probably doesn't work for EA or Bioware anymore.

It's called "Marketing" really. Some people treat it as gospel it would seem.

Regardless, I believe that Greg Zeschuck or Ray Muzyka said that at one point.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

They officially said it

They don't have articles from back then anymore on the site but the original link was

http://www.swtor.com/news/bwblog/developer-blog-how-content-team-makes-it-happen

You can see a snapshot of this page here https://archive.today/1JE5g

Various members of our team have said this in the press before, but I think that folks have generally thought we were being glib. Let me be clear. We aren’t kidding. Building Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is essentially building Star Wars™: Knights of the Old Republic™ (KOTOR) 3 through KOTOR 10, and then shipping them all at once.

I sincerely hope the "open world SW RPG" they're working on now is kotor 3. I remember the devs saying swtor would be like kotor 3-10, but it's never felt that way to me personally. Reason being.....I played kotor 1 & 2 on my Xbox.....I had to build a PC & learn how to play with a mouse & keyboard to play swtor. Needless to say, I'm all for a next gen game set in the kotor era. But I agree that it needs to stay away from Revan. Tell a new story....with new characters....preferably a character who actually KNOWS who he/she is at the beginning of the game. Lmao bvs

i believe daniel erickson among others said it, I remember it was in some of launch videos

Eh, they could easily do some kind of prequel, or even skip ahead a few hundred years again.

Or even do a storyline that takes place on the neutral worlds, there's still bound to be some. It could even run alongside SWTOR.

Maybe if you've got both games registered on the same Origin account you could get a unique set that's worn by the new hero in "KOTOR 3" for your SWTOR account.

Of course they'd need the inspiration and resources to make the game. But I don't see it being impossible/permanently off the table.

I sincerely hope the "open world SW RPG" they're working on now is kotor 3. I remember the devs saying swtor would be like kotor 3-10, but it's never felt that way to me personally. Reason being.....I played kotor 1 & 2 on my Xbox.....I had to build a PC & learn how to play with a mouse & keyboard to play swtor. Needless to say, I'm all for a next gen game set in the kotor era. But I agree that it needs to stay away from Revan. Tell a new story....with new characters....preferably a character who actually KNOWS who he/she is at the beginning of the game. Lmao bvs

They won't do anything to detract from the story during the timeline established by KOTOR through SWTOR, regardless what the game is titled.

If the only reason this doesn't feel like KOTOR 3-10 to you is that you played it on a PC instead of a console, you're getting your "feelings" from the hardware and not the story, so you might consider adjusting your perception.

Edited by DarthTHC

If they're smart, they'll wait to wrap up SWTOR in a few years and make Kotor 3 to conclude the storyline. Then Disney can release a modern age SW MMO.

Though technically, they could release stand alone Kotor RPG's on the SWTOR engine that you could port your SWTOR character to if you wanted that would let you take on special side stories outside of the main game.

Edited by Elfa

A little off topic, but is there any proof about that? I'm worried that after the bad launch of ESO, the higher ups might see it as a sign of "Elder Scrolls isn't in anymore, MOAR FALLOUT." I know they said the MMO wouldn't affect the single player games, but that was said when ESO was going to be THE game to play. ESO also covers all of/most of Tamriel, so I'm a little concerned about where it could be located, since anything they choose will be already played through in the MMO.

Sorry for the off topic discussion, but if you can't tell, I am a HUGE Elder Scrolls fan, and after the ESO situation, I am a little worried about my favorite franchise/series/fictional world.

But on Kotor 3, I don't really care. I might be signing my death warrant by saying this, but I didn't really care for Kotor, and I never played Kotor 2. I also don't really care for Revan. I wouldn't object though, I know a lot of people who would love a new Kotor game.

If they're smart, they'll wait to wrap up SWTOR in a few years and make Kotor 3 to conclude the storyline. Then Disney can release a modern age SW MMO.

Though technically, they could release stand alone Kotor RPG's on the SWTOR engine that you could port your SWTOR character to if you wanted that would let you take on special side stories outside of the main game.

You mean EA can release another Star Wars MMO. EA owns the rights to all Star Wars computer games for a decade. If that arrangement works out well financially for Disney, there is every reason to expect Disney will renew it.

But on Kotor 3, I don't really care. I might be signing my death warrant by saying this, but I didn't really care for Kotor, and I never played Kotor 2. I also don't really care for Revan. I wouldn't object though, I know a lot of people who would love a new Kotor game.

Burn him, burn him! He's a witch! Throw him in the fire and burn him!!

Well.... no, take him out of the fire and dust him off, he did say he wouldn't object.

Honestly, as much as I loved KOTOR and was disappointed by KOTOR2, I do feel like Daniel Erickson and the rest were right when they called this game KOTOR3-10, and I think trying to release another single-player KOTOR game right now would be a mistake, especially now that anything released in the future will be canon. This game needs to run for quite a while yet before they bother looking at doing another game like that.

That doesn't mean other SW games shouldn't be developed, but the Bioware-developed KOTOR/SWTOR era should probably be left alone for a while.

You mean EA can release another Star Wars MMO. EA owns the rights to all Star Wars computer games for a decade. If that arrangement works out well financially for Disney, there is every reason to expect Disney will renew it.

Yep.

EA also isn't all that known for killing off their MMO's (unlike NCSoft), so SWTOR would have to fail pretty damn hard to get "wrapped up in a few years".

Last I heard EA was pretty pleased with the current profits it's bringing in now.

No reason not to create a Kotor 3 to go alongside swtor

Yes there is... the moment another actual Star Wars game comes out will be the death for this one...coz seriously, you cannot call SWTOR a true Star Wars game...way too cartoony in some places and the gear looks just sooo not SW.

yet we're all still here because it's the only thing with the logo on top of it... and because of naive hope..

Edited by LeJarC

Yes there is... the moment another actual Star Wars game comes out will be the death for this one...coz seriously, you cannot call SWTOR a true Star Wars game...way too cartoony in some places and the gear looks just sooo not SW.

yet we're all still here because it's the only thing with the logo on top of it... and because of naive hope..

Way too cartoony... like the original KOTOR games? Since the art style is similar?

Or way too cartoony like the Clone Wars? And the upcoming Star Wars Rebels? :p

Guess they all can't be true Star Wars franchises!

Edited by Callaron

They won't do anything to detract from the story during the timeline established by KOTOR through SWTOR, regardless what the game is titled.

If the only reason this doesn't feel like KOTOR 3-10 to you is that you played it on a PC instead of a console, you're getting your "feelings" from the hardware and not the story, so you might consider adjusting your perception.

The story has nothing to do with it....The story is the ONLY reason I play swtor. But there are differences between MMO's and single player RPG. Things you can't do in an MMO......things like save game, pause, cheat codes, etc. So maybe it IS the hardware....it still doesn't change the way I feel. And I feel that this game is a good SW game, But the SW game I'M waiting for will be an open world single player RPG that I can play on my PS4.

So I would play Kinect SW, The Clone wars adventure game, and lego SW just because its SW? OK....

Story in KOTOR 3 can be about Revan right after first game, and continue with SWTOR story... Can be interesting to see, how he found Sith Empire... He didnt died in swtor anyway...

There's something about that already. It's a novel called "Revan". Look it up.