A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto

Again another WZ which had 3/4 consisting of melee ... And the other side had of course the better ranged, which were allowed to freecast so much more ... Merc, PT ... Although PT is half this half that to me ...

I don't know whether this is just a fashion or maybe the trademark of some players / guilds ? : They don't walk, they don't run, they don't backpedal ... They jump around like rabbits on steroids !

Really, they just jump. All of the time. Every non-combat filler movement is just a jump. And even within combat, they don't strafe - they just jump.

It's almost as if they believed in some sort of religion telling them that that jumping is "the best LOS EVAR".

have to admit im one of them believers of the jumping religion... guess im still stuck in some habits from WoW -

where jumping while kiting didnt slow u down like it does in this game... but its like smoking i just cant stop it :rak_03:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always found deselecting my target (press escape) and wait for them to hit me again works wonders for targeting people attacking me.

If you are melee you can't hit people you're not facing.

If I'm moving erratically chances are you can't see the target sometimes.

If you are melee you can't hit people you're not facing.

If I'm moving erratically chances are you can't see the target sometimes.

I never noticed my character failing to attack. When I press an attack keybind my character auto-turns and does the attack. I still don't see how, other than sins and ops, standing behind someone would stop them hitting you.

I never noticed my character failing to attack. When I press an attack keybind my character auto-turns and does the attack. I still don't see how, other than sins and ops, standing behind someone would stop them hitting you.

LoS works for a reason.

If the Sin or anyone else is behind you he is effectively out of sight.

I've suffered for it and I have made others god down doing the same.

"Cannot see target" is what you get.

Don't expect that **** to fly in 65s.

LoS works for a reason.

If the Sin or anyone else is behind you he is effectively out of sight.

I've suffered for it and I have made others god down doing the same.

"Cannot see target" is what you get.

Don't expect that **** to fly in 65s.

Worked in 65 with my guardian tank, I went up against a sin and they ran around like a headless chicken before stealthing out and running away because they were losing. Then I went up against a sorc dps who just toe'd the line with me and ended up beating me.

Now I understand why the sin did it, but I have not noticed any of the benefits mentioned actually occur in game.

Worked in 65 with my guardian tank, I went up against a sin and they ran around like a headless chicken before stealthing out and running away because they were losing. Then I went up against a sorc dps who just toe'd the line with me and ended up beating me.

Now I understand why the sin did it, but I have not noticed any of the benefits mentioned actually occur in game.

With guardian tanks it's a bit easier to get away with being stationary, same with Sorcs.

Both are super forgiving.

The glass cannons have to move around and avoid damage any way they can.

In regards to jumping, I was taught by a player from APAC (the region the most vulnerable to the lag) with a long gaming history, and he believed jumping updates his location to the server faster. People insisted you do the same on the Underlurker to make sure the game registered in time that you are standing within the cross. I since heard that in SWTOR it does not matter, but I still jump when I try to LoS.

Bob, if it works for you, it works for you. But to be honest, fighting while moving and the easy strafe (no matter how you execute it) is an essential gaming skill, without which it is impossible to play most fighting game.

I absolutely would advise against standing still as a Sorc, heh.

Edited by DomiSotto

sorcs actually make good sorc killers. eating even half of a lightning sorcs rotation is incredibly painful as another sorc.

I'm going to try that out with my Sage on my "home server".

Besides, I did the Ziost story line today ... Oh, that was grim ... :(

Now I have to do my Companion talks, and then I'm ready for KOTFE ... and my inventory has filled up again. :o

So I finally completed my 20 matches (after 4 weeks) for Major Pierce on my sorc on Saturday and also finally got my first match on Novere Coast map, I only had 5 matches left anyway but they were almost all losses, ironically the 1 I did win was the last match when I only needed a loss anyway (guess I was lucky I decided to pick up the daily just in case as I completed the daily with that 1 win).

I am definitely a bad omen on PvP matches out of the 20 match requirement I think I won 3 max meaning I had 14 losses.

This has really not been the best experience I have had in the game if its going to take me 4 weeks per each character I do kotfe with (since I can't say no to the companions my OCD is going to make me do it).

And no it was not the "toxic" atmosphere that was the issue I did not really encounter much of that it was the PvP itself and the fact it's rather painful on my shoulder at the moment as when it hurts while questing I just let my OP companion take up some slack or slow down between mob pulls, something that I cannot do in PvP.

Edited by Jedi_riches

So during Chapter 10 on BC a lot of Pubs were walking around with their pvp flag up on Zakuul.

Why.

I mean, I killed them all, but why have it on?

I can't imagine the chaos on an actual pvp server.

Another thing I did was kill their healing companion so they would be destroyed by the ten thousand mobs that never stopped spawning.

Edited by Ruhun

Finally tore myself from the ME (what an awesome game!) tonight to get back into SWTOR a little.

Ah, the pop is so slow now. The folks must be playing the new Chapter. I tried a couple of zones on my lowbie Sage, and felt quite rusty. It was nice that we did win the VS, but a Huttball Classique shut down because there was not enough players on my team (a pity).

I did a lot of stuff EA made us do with the new update, and while at it, moved my SL chars to the Hawk. So, I am going to play at the hawk for a bit, trying to re-familiarize myself with my own chars. :)

Good gaming, guys!

OMG, Bio as always messed all my well-laid plans up! But in a good way! Yep, I know I am gonna be food on the PTS, but I wanna at least be slower-digested food, so, I am going to try to play my Vg/Merc 65s on the Binger, while accumulating the mats (Mando has only one gathering skill). I do want to play Mando and Scop on the Hawk too, but OMG, I won't have the time; certainly no time for the Sage/Sorc.

I am guessing that Bio would drop both new zones for the testing on the PTS, so I will have to drop all the arenas, but oh, well, it's still the PTS coolness with cross-faction added in.

Anyways, I guess, I will have to send Commander Shepard on a leave of absence. And what to do about GSF?! Argh.

HAPPY! (Don't judge)

Edited by DomiSotto

Ah, I could not play a healer, the only thing I played at the time. It was a healing patch, so a bunch of peeps played heals. I switched to a DPS, and my level 60 DPS at the time was a Guardian. On a Guardian I am a primary contender to the Worst Guardian Ever title. I still have hilarious memories of playing a nooby Guardian on a node against Snave. :D It was enjoyable in its futility.

If they are testing the new zone, folks will not be able to group, so we'll get to see how the mixing will work. I am sure you will do great :)

EDIT: Maybe I should level that Guardian to 65, to make him an official character I shame myself with on the PTS. And then go around saying casually: "That Tredici guy? What a crappy player. I have no idea who it might be."

Edited by DomiSotto

You think they will actually restrict grouping on the PTS? I would place my bets on "nothing different" about grouping. So if you had your group of four you could end up with up to 4 from the other faction still, but I wouldn't have thought they'd force solo queuing. It'll be interesting either way I guess.

pvping for me yesterday lived up to the literal name of this thread. Got into the mid queue on EH with Lhance and one other, and waited over half an hour with no pop. Finally switched to lowbie pub side, and got an insta-backfill pop into an ACW loss. And that was my "a pvp a day" :(

Think I'll try back on Harby tonight.

Edited by Banderal

Ah, I could not play a healer, the only thing I played at the time. It was a healing patch, so a bunch of peeps played heals. I switched to a DPS, and my level 60 DPS at the time was a Guardian. On a Guardian I am a primary contender to the Worst Guardian Ever title. I still have hilarious memories of playing a nooby Guardian on a node against Snave. :D It was enjoyable in its futility.

If they are testing the new zone, folks will not be able to group, so we'll get to see how the mixing will work. I am sure you will do great :)

EDIT: Maybe I should level that Guardian to 65, to make him an official character I shame myself with on the PTS. And then go around saying casually: "That Tredici guy? What a crappy player. I have no idea who it might be."

Is Sage your main class?

Guardians are doing pretty well right now, give it a shot.

I'd get on my Jug if I didn't find the gameplay so boring.