whats your biggest gtn fail?

A complete stranger wanted 40K - In chat - and I asked if they had anything to trade for it - They offered 6 (six) EEEs - which usually sell for 35-45K each - I swapped them for 40K there and then - I waited for an hour for them to whisper /contact me... but no. - Kept some, sold the rest. Thanks stranger.

I bought a stack of 99 Krayt dragon scales for about 6K - Still haven't used them all after 2 years.

I bought 5 x Major XP boosts for 5K - (TOTAL!) - They went back on at 50Keach. Result!

I listed 3x Mk-9kits at default price. - lost about 180K

I look for 1/2 dozen items listed at base price every time I log in. - About once a week I snap something up for a bargain.

This experience reinforced my attentiveness when listing items I want to sell . . . This happened sometime last year . . . Anyways, to the story . . .

I'd been looking for Revan's Gloves and Revan's Belt for about six months to complete my Revan Set. Even now, they are listed between 5-10mil each. I'd been saving up and hoping I could score just one of them for 3-4mil, then I'd save up for the other one.

Well, one day I log in and check the GTN. Lo and behold both are for sale at a price I can afford: Revan's Belt for 1mil and Revan's Gloves for 1mil. I didn't even hesitate. I was like a fat kid on cake and snapped them up.

After I bought them, I thought about how pissed off the seller was going to be if they had meant to list them at 10mil each. That means they just lost 18mil credits. Ouch? It could be that someone was being nice or just wanted to sell them quickly, but I'm more of the opinion that the person forgot to add another "0" to the price.

Either way, I saved around 15-18mil with those purchases. I'm just glad I wasn't the one selling them . . .

This experience reinforced my attentiveness when listing items I want to sell . . . This happened sometime last year . . . Anyways, to the story . . .

I'd been looking for Revan's Gloves and Revan's Belt for about six months to complete my Revan Set. Even now, they are listed between 5-10mil each. I'd been saving up and hoping I could score just one of them for 3-4mil, then I'd save up for the other one.

Well, one day I log in and check the GTN. Lo and behold both are for sale at a price I can afford: Revan's Belt for 1mil and Revan's Gloves for 1mil. I didn't even hesitate. I was like a fat kid on cake and snapped them up.

After I bought them, I thought about how pissed off the seller was going to be if they had meant to list them at 10mil each. That means they just lost 18mil credits. Ouch? It could be that someone was being nice or just wanted to sell them quickly, but I'm more of the opinion that the person forgot to add another "0" to the price.

Either way, I saved around 15-18mil with those purchases. I'm just glad I wasn't the one selling them . . .

I once saw the belt on sale for 600k or 700k. I bought it real fast, ran down to the mailbox on my ship, only to be greeted with a message that the item in question had already been purchased.

In other words, seeing that both items were going around for one million, it's possible that the seller was quite in fact clueless to the real worth of those items. It's rare but it happens... And when it happens, they are bought so fast that you might literally miss them for 1ms. :(

I bought my own stuff.

Let me explain.

Use toon #1 to put up this mount this item on gtn for 2 days.

A day and a half later, I log into toon #2 and while casually browsing, noticed said item, completely overlooking toon#1's name and bought it.

An hour later, I log into toon#1 and read the mail...

Priceless... :D

I bought my own stuff.

I do that on purpose sometimes - buy a dozen stacks of a cheap vendor mat, list them on GTN for vendor price +10%. Then, when I need that mat on another toon, rather than pay for a 350,000 credit super-repair-droid, or pay someone else through the nose, or run to the vendor, just buy the missing mat from GTN along with others.

I've gotten a lot more careful since my biggest GTN blunder lol. When I made it to the smuggler final fight for the 1st time, I went and spent nearly 270,000 to fully equip myself with purple and blue mods.....and realized AFTER I'd installed almost all of them, that I'd bought mods & armor with "aim" :(

Recently I felt redeemed a lil bit.....I bought the ENTIRE Enhanced Assailant’s Armor Set (each individual piece) for a little less than 20,000 :D