Need Help Please. Paid for Rocket Boost Legacy but still cant use.

HG_Hulk_Smash

Hi, I paid for the boost boots at level 10, but did not unlock my legacy until level 12, due to the exp boost event. The rocket boost shows its unlocked for my legacy, but it wants me to pay a 2nd time to use them. Why is this? I started on a new server and its wanting me to pay 2x for the unlock. help?

I don't really know, but is it possible that Rocket Boost is only Legacy wide, not account wide?

You will have to buy it again for the different server to unlock it on the legacy on that server, or transfer one of your toons from the other server.

Yes, I had the same problem when I started on the Progenitor: all my Red Eclipse legacy boosts/presence bonuses/heroic moment skills/unity/rocket boost and, most importantly, quick travel/fleet cooldowns were gone.

You can get a free server transfer if you use a referral link, though(Friends of SWTOR, it's called). Saves you ~1800 cartel coins. Just be sure the character you want to transfer is at least level 10, and get as many legacy perks on your old server as possible. :)

Edited by Kulyok

Ok Guys, I have Legacy on the 1st server I bought it on. I started an entirely NEW server, and bought it again. That is not the issue. The issue is this.

I bought the rocket boost before I made a legacy and before I finished the storyline on Korriban, I bought at level 10. I was leveling fast due to the 2x xp.

Once I finished the storyline, I named my legacy "Rage" cause I was full of anger and hatred that I had no boots lol So, I click on the legacy tab, and I see that my boots are infact unlocked, here is the issue. I click it, nothing happens. I cant drag or drop, its not under a vehicle tab, nothing. I can however, buy it again, as it is asking, me.

So, the 1st server I bought 1x, and it worked.

This new server I bought once more, and it wants me to pay a 2nd time on this same new server??? So why the heck is the legacy unlock 325? Just make it 650 and let us unlock it. It feels backwards to have to pay 2x for something(not talking about owning it from my original server)

Yes, I had the same problem when I started on the Progenitor: all my Red Eclipse legacy boosts/presence bonuses/heroic moment skills/unity/rocket boost and, most importantly, quick travel/fleet cooldowns were gone.

You can get a free server transfer if you use a referral link, though(Friends of SWTOR, it's called). Saves you ~1800 cartel coins. Just be sure the character you want to transfer is at least level 10, and get as many legacy perks on your old server as possible. :)

Thanks, but I dont want to transfer, I am on a pve-rp server with my main. I started a new legacy on a pvp server, and I cant get what I paid for.

We might have a misunderstanding; let me clarify.

A server transfer happens like this:

Server 1: your main char A, other chars, your legacy, rocket boost and other perks.

Server 2: your char B without any legacy perks and without rocket boost.

So, you create a new char, a char C, on Server 1. Get char C to level 10. Char C has all the perks of your legacy on Server 1.

NOW you transfter char C to server 2(using that free transfer I mentioned above). And after that, your legacy on Server 2 = your legacy on Server 1, with all the perks, including Rocket boost.

But! A free server transfer only can happen once, after that the legacies are separate. That's why I mentioned it would be best to grab all possible legacy boosts on Server 1 first.

I fully agree with you that all legacy perks should be account-wide, not server-wide. It's unfair, and it's confusing, and it's very unfair to pay for the same thing twice. Unfortunately, that's how these things are designed right now, and I haven't heard about any upcoming changes in this department.

Edited by Kulyok

We might have a misunderstanding; let me clarify.

A server transfer happens like this:

Server 1: your main char A, other chars, your legacy, rocket boost and other perks.

Server 2: your char B without any legacy perks and without rocket boost.

So, you create a new char, a char C, on Server 1. Get char C to level 10. Char C has all the perks of your legacy on Server 1.

NOW you transfter char C to server 2(using that free transfer I mentioned above). And after that, your legacy on Server 2 = your legacy on Server 1, with all the perks, including Rocket boost.

But! A free server transfer only can happen once, after that the legacies are separate. That's why I mentioned it would be best to grab all possible legacy boosts on Server 1 first.

I fully agree with you that all legacy perks should be account-wide, not server-wide. It's unfair, and it's confusing, and it's very unfair to pay for the same thing twice. Unfortunately, that's how these things are designed right now, and I haven't heard about any upcoming changes in this department.

I have no idea how you all got this "server transfer" info. I never said I transferred servers. I am starting new on a new server and a new legacy. I understand some items I must buy a 2nd time.

The issue was this: The Rocket Boost I paid for, on the new server, was not given. However, I logged in today and it was there. So I am guessing it was something to do with the 2x xp, since I bought it before I finished the quest on Korriban. The issue is resolved, I got my boots-just had to wait for a day after paying for it :confused:

But I see what your saying. Yeah, I am not yet ready to use that 1x server transfer, but thanks for that useful info!

Edited by HG_Hulk_Smash

The issue was this: The Rocket Boost I paid for, on the new server, was not given. However, I logged in today and it was there. So I am guessing it was something to do with the 2x xp, since I bought it before I finished the quest on Korriban. The issue is resolved, I got my boots-just had to wait for a day after paying for it :confused:

I was a bit confused about how you managed to buy a legacy unlock without first unlocking your legacy. You shouldn't be able to even see the legacy page, much less unlock anything on it, until you complete the starter world story on at least one character.

This new server I bought once more, and it wants me to pay a 2nd time on this same new server??? So why the heck is the legacy unlock 325? Just make it 650 and let us unlock it. It feels backwards to have to pay 2x for something(not talking about owning it from my original server)
Did you buy the "Going Places" bundle from the Cartel Market? And then use the unlock item from the bundle, before you unlocked your legacy?

Including that little detail originally would have saved a lot of confusion, I think. And that's the only way I can think of to "unlock" Rocket Boost (or any other legacy perk) before you unlock your legacy. And it's also probably why it wasn't actually applied until after you unlocked your legacy (and then logged out and back in). It's a Legacy Unlock. You have to have a legacy created before you can access the perks inside your legacy.

I have no idea how you all got this "server transfer" info. I never said I transferred servers. I am starting new on a new server and a new legacy. I understand some items I must buy a 2nd time.

But I see what your saying. Yeah, I am not yet ready to use that 1x server transfer, but thanks for that useful info!

I've seen this before, sometimes you have to log out and log back in for a transaction to take. It there may be a time delay. No idea why, really. Glad it got resolved for you. Dem boots rock! :rolleyes: