The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Crit for AP Powertech in PvP

Apollone

Hey guys!

I recently started to PvP on my PT. Really enjoyed it so far, but I have a few questions about the spec/gear.

1) How much crit does an Advanced Prototype PT need?

2) Which relic should I use with my mainstat increasing one, crit or power?

3) How valuable is Rebraced Armor in Shield Tech tree for a dps AP PT? I currently run the standard 8/36/2 build, but I was recently thinking about switching 2 points from Iron Fist to Rebraced Armor for more survivability. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Edited by Apollone

Hey guys!

I recently started to PvP on my PT. Really enjoyed it so far, but I have a few questions about the spec/gear.

3) How valuable is Rebraced Armor in Shield Tech tree for a dps AP PT? I currently run the standard 8/36/2 build, but I was recently thinking about switching 2 points from Iron Fist to Rebraced Armor for more survivability. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

1. I run crit in two pieces, which is 200 Crit? (99 + 99 with the 30X mod and crit/surge enhancement)

My tactics VG sits at 24% or so tech crit with buffs, and around 31% with assault.

24% is enough, because fire effects (immolate, flame burst, flame sweep, flame thrower) get another 6% on top of that, and rail shot auto crits.

2. Mainstat and power for damage. 200 crit is enough.

3. I'd keep the iron fist, AP depends on stock strike/rocket punch.

I've never run rebraced armor. 16% extra armor doesn't add up to much, what do we get, 30% mitigation versus 27.9% with full brutalizer? I would rather hit people harder.

Lastly: Rocket punch gets a 20% surge bonus from prototype weapons, 6% crit bonus from power loaders, 15% crit bonus from the combat tech set. It's required to auto crit rail shot. It's a good skill to boost damage.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Hey guys!

Thanks!

1 - Never above 300. Personally I run 0 crit because #yolo I don't know the optimal amount for PvP gear, but from my experience and from other powertechs I've talked to, less is more.

2 - Generally the Serendipitous Assault relic, but if you really want to you can run the crit one.

3 - No, always take Iron fist. AP has enough passive survivability, it's main defensive weakness is in it's DCD's. More damage > more survivability (in general).

Just my opinion. Take it with a grain a salt and try it out yourself. Always take your own experience over what people tell you on the internet ;)