did Double XP end?

Derat

I tend to not bother playing at all when there is a double xp forced upon everything, even though i give a perfectly good alternative, bioware ignores it, but i guess you can't expect company people focused exclusively on money and profit to have any common sense.

I tend to not bother playing at all when there is a double xp forced upon everything, even though i give a perfectly good alternative, bioware ignores it, but i guess you can't expect company people focused exclusively on money and profit to have any common sense.

or cater to a small group of people who don't want the double XP and complain about it.

some portion of the game claim leveling takes to long, others claim it is to easy. Some think it is just about right. Yet others want ZERO XP so they can stay at a certain level at their choosing.

People in the first group will benefit from double XP, people in the middle group still get double XP and will complain it is even easier, the majority group will enjoy double XP and simply keep on playing the game. The latter group. who knows, typically they just want to face roll in PVP and not get bumped up to the 55 only where people are fully geared.

By in large, double XP are extremely popular events. I personally just stick to the story missions since I'm rolling my 8th and 9th alts and tend to not do EVERY quest on EVERY planet.

There will be some who simply grind flashpoints (KDY) and PVP and then do story/planets once they hit 50-55.

You already have options when it comes to double XP.

1) play normally and outlevel

2) choose which content to play without over leveling any thing too much

3) power level and play content later

4) not play

requesting a "toggle" is one thing, expecting them to add it simply because you think it is "common sense" is another. It may not even be possible to toggle especially when it comes to things like legacy and rep.

It is what it is, most tend to enjoy them and thus will be continued to be provided. If you are not enjoying it, feel free to not take part in it.

or cater to a small group of people who don't want the double XP and complain about it.

some portion of the game claim leveling takes to long, others claim it is to easy. Some think it is just about right. Yet others want ZERO XP so they can stay at a certain level at their choosing.

People in the first group will benefit from double XP, people in the middle group still get double XP and will complain it is even easier, the majority group will enjoy double XP and simply keep on playing the game. The latter group. who knows, typically they just want to face roll in PVP and not get bumped up to the 55 only where people are fully geared.

By in large, double XP are extremely popular events. I personally just stick to the story missions since I'm rolling my 8th and 9th alts and tend to not do EVERY quest on EVERY planet.

There will be some who simply grind flashpoints (KDY) and PVP and then do story/planets once they hit 50-55.

You already have options when it comes to double XP.

1) play normally and outlevel

2) choose which content to play without over leveling any thing too much

3) power level and play content later

4) not play

requesting a "toggle" is one thing, expecting them to add it simply because you think it is "common sense" is another. It may not even be possible to toggle especially when it comes to things like legacy and rep.

It is what it is, most tend to enjoy them and thus will be continued to be provided. If you are not enjoying it, feel free to not take part in it.

Still, it's annoying that Bioware hasn't bothered adding an "opt-out" button. I'm also not sure how much of a "minority" I'm in, because I'm constantly seeing people in game and forums complaining about it.

Uh....to actually answer the question, it's not over until July 7th at 12AM PDT (or 3AM EST). When I log in I see the icon up there with 35 hours left, approximately. I read somewhere that if you accidentally close your game window without hitting Quit Game and log back in, sometimes it disables it? Dunno how true that is, but try quitting and logging in again?

I wish I could ignore whiney *** hats on the boards like I can in game. Anyone have answer not hijacking my question into some ramblings twits whiny needy issue?

You can. Mentally or via the ignore user function by clicking their profile. Don't need to act like as *** yourself though.

Edited by Nickious

Uh....to actually answer the question, it's not over until July 7th at 12AM PDT (or 3AM EST). When I log in I see the icon up there with 35 hours left, approximately. I read somewhere that if you accidentally close your game window without hitting Quit Game and log back in, sometimes it disables it? Dunno how true that is, but try quitting and logging in again?

Thanks for answering the question. I did have a crash to desktop - I'll try logging out.

Still, it's annoying that Bioware hasn't bothered adding an "opt-out" button. I'm also not sure how much of a "minority" I'm in, because I'm constantly seeing people in game and forums complaining about it.

Confirmation Bias:

You might think that you're "constantly" seeing people requesting this, but the truth is that you're probably seeing only a couple dozen people complaining about it. What you're not paying attention to is the hundreds of forum goers who aren't complaining about it, or the thousands of players who don't even care enough about it to go to a forum.

And its been well established, many times, that forums are not an accurate representation of a game community.

End conclusion: The number of people who agree with you is almost certainly far, far smaller than you perceive it to be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.