The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Idea for a new weekly/monthly pass

My idea for a new weekly/month pass would function the same way as the current WZ/FP/OP passes, however the pass that would be great would combine all of these into one pass and raise escro to about 1m credits, I would think this would better customize peoples play time as well for those that say well just sub with this pass I would have to say that it would be priced slightly higher then $15/month. Also if a FTP were to buy this from the GTN it would keep their account at FTP, same goes preferred obviously they wouldn't get flagged for any type of account status and there would be 0 cartel allowance, I think this would be a nice addition to current passes, Thanks! :)

My idea for a new weekly/month pass would function the same way as the current WZ/FP/OP passes, however the pass that would be great would combine all of these into one pass and raise escro to about 1m credits, I would think this would better customize peoples play time as well for those that say well just sub with this pass I would have to say that it would be priced slightly higher then $15/month. Also if a FTP were to buy this from the GTN it would keep their account at FTP, same goes preferred obviously they wouldn't get flagged for any type of account status and there would be 0 cartel allowance, I think this would be a nice addition to current passes, Thanks! :)

I would ask what the point of that would be.

If you are charging more than $15/month for your suggested pass, then it would be cheaper to sub. Even if someone wanted to buy the pass to sell on the GTN, they would have to sell it for well over the credit cap for both preferred and F2P in order to avoid "losing money".

I would ask what the point of that would be.

If you are charging more than $15/month for your suggested pass, then it would be cheaper to sub. Even if someone wanted to buy the pass to sell on the GTN, they would have to sell it for well over the credit cap for both preferred and F2P in order to avoid "losing money".

Good question! If you look at GTN prices they fluctuate, and the 1m credit cap is not to just buy the pass you figure will be more then it's cost the fact that with a 1m cap that combined with the already in use escrow unlocks people who are FTP and pref can afford most if not all the unlocks that currently sell on the GTN as well some nice "inflated" cartel items, My idea would be to put the pass at roughly 1800cc if we look at the mercenary contract that sells for 2100cc I see this all the time at just over the 1m credit price tag... Anyhow the combined OP/WZ/FP to this pass would be a all in one package, to be honest I was more concerned with that part than the credit limit! The credit boosted cap was merely a suggestion :) anyhow I am grateful for the response though!

Good question! If you look at GTN prices they fluctuate, and the 1m credit cap is not to just buy the pass you figure will be more then it's cost the fact that with a 1m cap that combined with the already in use escrow unlocks people who are FTP and pref can afford most if not all the unlocks that currently sell on the GTN as well some nice "inflated" cartel items, My idea would be to put the pass at roughly 1800cc if we look at the mercenary contract that sells for 2100cc I see this all the time at just over the 1m credit price tag... Anyhow the combined OP/WZ/FP to this pass would be a all in one package, to be honest I was more concerned with that part than the credit limit! The credit boosted cap was merely a suggestion :) anyhow I am grateful for the response though!

1800 CC for a month long pass for OP/FP/WZ and a credit escrow for 1 million?

600K escrow is 240 CC. That puts the 1 million escrow at a value of 350-400 CC, at least, IMO.

Each of the passes for WZ's, OP's and FP's are 240 for a one week pass. That puts the value of each of those at 960 CC's for a 4 week pass.

That brings the grand total to 3230-3380 CC's, if my math is correct. Even if you eliminate the escrow, it is still over 2900 CC's worth of passes.

You want them to sell over 3000 CC's worth of unlocks for less than 2000? I doubt that would happen. I could see maybe a slight discount, like 3000 CC's, but that would put the GTN value at around 3 million. Even with escrows, most F2P or even preferred would have a hard time paying 3 million credits.

It's just a suggestion but a bundle unlock would be cool, either way I have seen the WZ passes as low as 50k on the harbringer, most stuff on the GTN are overly inflated and what's wrong with allowing people to purchase more bling anyhow? it fuels the economy :p any credit cap is really a strangle to stop people from "spending" is it not?...Also I am talking about credits... As for the 1800cc it was a rough guess at a "suggested" price the pass does not flag peoples account as preferred nor does it grant a 500cc allowance it simply is a bundle idea to get more people playing for longer, ;)

It's just a suggestion but a bundle unlock would be cool, either way I have seen the WZ passes as low as 50k on the harbringer, most stuff on the GTN are overly inflated and what's wrong with allowing people to purchase more bling anyhow? it fuels the economy :p any credit cap is really a strangle to stop people from "spending" is it not?...Also I am talking about credits... As for the 1800cc it was a rough guess at a "suggested" price the pass does not flag peoples account as preferred nor does it grant a 500cc allowance it simply is a bundle idea to get more people playing for longer, ;)

IMO, the credit cap does not exist as a way to stop people from spending, but rather as an incentive for people to subscribe.

IMO, the credit cap does not exist as a way to stop people from spending, but rather as an incentive for people to subscribe.

Yeah i agree, it was more of an afterthought anyhow :) but the real meat and potatoes would be a bundle pass for WZ/OPs/FP that would be available in the store, and be available on the GTN, I know they offer bundle packages, maybe have one for the set as a week package or monthly one either way it would be great for those that are FTP or Pref, for myself looking at the prices on Harbringer it isn't too much trouble to get the passes within the credit limit, I for one wouldn't mind a bundle so when or "if" I decide to go back to Pref, I can get bundle packs in one shabang :cool:

Yeah i agree, it was more of an afterthought anyhow :) but the real meat and potatoes would be a bundle pass for WZ/OPs/FP that would be available in the store, and be available on the GTN, I know they offer bundle packages, maybe have one for the set as a week package or monthly one either way it would be great for those that are FTP or Pref, for myself looking at the prices on Harbringer it isn't too much trouble to get the passes within the credit limit, I for one wouldn't mind a bundle so when or "if" I decide to go back to Pref, I can get bundle packs in one shabang :cool:

Why am I not surprised by this motivation for this suggestion?

Again, the cost of the "bundle" you suggest would likely be well over 2500's and probably closer to 3000. At the current "conversion" rate for CC's to credits, that would be between 2.5 and 3 million credits for the monthly all inclusive pass you suggest.

If you want to go back to preferred then why not just stock up on the weekly passes that you want beforehand? They are not required to be used immediately. You could by four of each of the weekly passes, and even a couple of the 600k escrows, and you would have your bundle. You could then continue to purchase the weekly passes from the GTN while you use what you have already purchased.