Sorcerer leveling as healer question

lvillanueva

Hi all. While I'm not exactly new, I have been away for 2 years so it feels like I'm a new player again. I'm playing a brand new Sith Sorcerer as a healer.

I know that back when the game came out, you needed to put your first 5 points in the Lightning tree (Reserves and Electric Induction) to lower the cost of healing and gain the additional force. My question is after those first 5 points, do I put an additional 2 points in lightning to better my bubble (Lightning Barrier) or 2 points in Madness to up my willpower (Will of the Sith), or do I actually start to go into the Corruption tree.

I've been looking for a guide/tips on leveling as a healer, but most of what I've seen are dated back to 2011 and most of those are based of off Beta data so I'm not sure if it's still relevant.

I plan on doing FP mostly with some solo questing on the side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Force management for low level Sorcerers is a little easier now. Make sure to never use Dark Heal past level 12 except for emergencies where you cannot use Static Barrier to save someone. Dark Heal has a high Force cost for the amount it heals.

Based on that, I would start putting all points into Corruption until you get Revivification. Then put the 7 points into Lightning and finally the 2-3 points in Madness. That way, you get your crucial and powerful healing skills ASAP, which are very helpful for some leveling content.

Thank you for the reply. The only thing that I'm concerned with this strategy is that I would have to be level 36 to get to the top of my tree before putting those points in the force reduction skills. Won't that affect my healing output doing those higher FP's?

Thank you for the reply. The only thing that I'm concerned with this strategy is that I would have to be level 36 to get to the top of my tree before putting those points in the force reduction skills. Won't that affect my healing output doing those higher FP's?

Didn't when I was on my sage. The stronger heals coupled with Consumption should more than make up for having less Force. It will also allow you to burst heal better, which is needed for a few bosses. (Like the second one and bonus boss in the Foundry Flashpoint: if you wipe here, it is likely due to the healer not being able to burst heal effectively or the DPS tunnel vision on the boss or standing in AOE.)

You have to watch your Force management though: Static Barriers and Dark Heals are expensive, while Dark Infusion and Innervate are not. Don't use Shock on enemies unless you are using it to stun Standard enemies: Shock is an expensive attack. Affliction, Crushing Darkness, and Telekinetic Throw are better attacks. This should get you into practice of watching your Force management at high levels, which you would still need to do with the 5 points in Lightning.

Also, you do not get Revivification until level 46: used to be level 41 before 2.0.

It's kind of a balance you have to play with while leveling. Occasionally you'll want to respec to get to some key talent, then go back to putting points into efficiency talents. But as said, it really doesn't matter a whole lot so long as you aren't using a lot of emergency heals (or the group is really horrible). Red Reaper is about the first place you really have to start worrying about efficiency skills to any significant degree. I personally ignore Revivification at that level (around 46) and go up the tree to Force Surge then put five points into Lightning.

The path I usually take:

Corruption to 24 (For Resurgance, Force Bending, and Barrier cost reduction) - five points in Lightning then back up corruption

At level 36 respec to full Corruption (Points in force surge should make up for efficiency loss from lightning tree) then put five points back in lightning as you level.

The downside is you don't get Revivication until 50, but with careful use of HoTs and shields, you really don't need it since you have some additional efficiency skills to work with.

Edited by Luneward