Return of the Jed .... err player

Stubz

Thinking of coming back. Tried a few other games but miss the Star Wars universe. How is the state of the game verse say eight months or so ago. Last raid I did was SM SNV.

Could anyone recommend a good server and or guild recruiting returning players for progression type raiding. I have a 55 smuggy healer sorc DPS and sin DPS. I have the coins to xfer so any server will do. Thanks for any response.

Lots of good content has been added although some things are constant. Pvpers will always feel slighted/ unbalaned, raiders will never think there's enough content and class stories still aren't anywhere on the horizon. You will, however, have an easier time getting endgame gear, have new 'planetary' quest story material and have some really fun new ops to do and well as a bunch of new dailies. This would also be a good time to resub for loot in august. Oh, and there's space pvp now, too. Each player has a ship. It's also pretty hard, lol. I lacked the coordination. ;) Edited by errant_knight

Just to add to that. The server will depend on what you like to do.

If it is PvE that you like I would go to Harbinger. High pops all the time any time of the day or night. APAC was merged with that server so peeps log in around the clock.

For RP I like Begeren Colony. Lower pops but plenty of peeps around in the afternoons and evenings. Not so much in the early morning. I have had a great time there as the community seems pretty good in general.

PvP? The Bastion seems pretty good in general. I don't PvP much but I have a couple of toons on that server and I don't have any issues with ques etc.

These are all West Coast servers which fits my schedule play time. I really do enjoy Haribinger as I have to work over night sometimes and can still get an Op in early morning with the Aussies. :D

Ebon Hawk also has some very good raiding guilds, and is a well populated server but I don't know how it compares to Harbinger, since I've never played there. It's an rp server, though, so if rp isn't your thing or annoys you, it might not be your best choice.

Sub for a month at first, maybe? Then you can check out how the game looks now and it's not such a great monetary loss if it doesn't bring you back in.

The thing I find really nice among the newer features is the "tactical flashpoints" - they don't require a tank or healer (though the bosses are easier with a real healer) so the first four guys showing up get in. Most of them are lvl 55 but one, Kuat Drive Yards is 15-55. As I understand it the players are scaled to 55 in that one so no one is totally useless. One guy I did it with a couple times said he'd mostly leveled that particular character through running the KDY Tactical.