[idea!] EMP Rocket Pods for T3 Scout?

Hey Devs,

How about an EMP Rocket Pod for the T3 Scouts?

Same range as regular rocky pods, but deal minimal hull damage and emit a, idk, 2,000m radius EMP burst on impact?

These would be far more useful than EMP missiles.

On that note, any plans to partially un-nerf rocket pods? They got a bit too severe of a whack a while back.

deal minimal hull damage and emit a, idk, 2,000m radius EMP burst on impact?

These would be far more useful than EMP missiles.

Sure, if they didn't have the same upgrade options as EMP Missiles. Otherwise, they'd provide a spammable-CC measure and that seems overboard. I'm actually fine with giving plain old Rocket Pods to the Bloodmark/Spearpoint too, since it's a scout-only weapon anyway. They're unique and interesting and actually fit the ship type well.

On that note, any plans to partially un-nerf rocket pods? They got a bit too severe of a whack a while back.

Disagree, quads & pods or burst & pods still works way too well with the cooldowns scouts have available.

Edited by TrinityLyre

I get that they were trying to make the T3 strike and scout have support secondaries instead of primary burst ones, but like I think they really went too far. That being said, I don't think rocket pods are appropriate for the type 3 scout, which already has light lasers and targeting telemetry. I think an emp pod would be interesting, but as Stasie says, it can't be doing what we see the EMPs doing already, with no cooldown.

I'd like to see a buff for the type 3 scout, but I think rocket pods would risk just turning it into a type 1 scout.

I'm totally with Stasie when I say, lets not buff pods. Pods are part of strategies that are already overeffective, and the pods don't need buffs.

I'd like to see a buff for the type 3 scout, but I think rocket pods would risk just turning it into a type 1 scout.

I doubt i'd use rocket pods on a T3 even if it were available, my sting is setup with quads'n'pods.

A buff to Combat Command should be considered. Preferably a "reduce missile lock-on time by 30%" talent.