The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

An actual set of what the Rholan Dyre’s armor is supposed to look like please

I was set to buy a hypercrate to get the Rholan Dyre's armor because it has the closest thing to the second most iconic helmet in the SW universe outside of Vaders helmet. The concept armor (which matches the comics) shows that. I now see what it is going to be like and have decided to not buy a hypercrate. Let me know when you do that armor properly and I'll grab one off the cartel market. The set in the new pack looks nothing like the concept armor or what it is supposed to look like.

I was set to buy a hypercrate to get the Rholan Dyre's armor because it has the closest thing to the second most iconic helmet in the SW universe outside of Vaders helmet. The concept armor (which matches the comics) shows that. I now see what it is going to be like and have decided to not buy a hypercrate. Let me know when you do that armor properly and I'll grab one off the cartel market. The set in the new pack looks nothing like the concept armor or what it is supposed to look like.

Did they post new looks?! I don't see a darn.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/01/swtor-club-vertica-nightlife-pack/

I'm not sure where they're getting the in-game picture from, but it looks nothing like Rohlan Dyre's set. However, it could be a mistake. There is no in-game picture or concept art for the Shrewd Rascal set. It's possible that Dulfy has mistakenly labelled the Shrewd Rascal in-game picture as Rohlan Dyre.

I'm not sure where they're getting the in-game picture from, but it looks nothing like Rohlan Dyre's set. However, it could be a mistake. There is no in-game picture or concept art for the Shrewd Rascal set. It's possible that Dulfy has mistakenly labelled the Shrewd Rascal in-game picture as Rohlan Dyre.

Ah, haha, no don't worry about it! If you'll go Oricon you'll see an NPC in the imperial camp wearing this chest piece. Well, it's very similar, at least! :) They added one oriconian NPC set already. Frenzied Zealot.

Ah, haha, no don't worry about it! If you'll go Oricon you'll see an NPC in the imperial camp wearing this chest piece. Well, it's very similar, at least! :) They added one oriconian NPC set already. Frenzied Zealot.

Honestly, I prefer the look of this armor to the Rohlan armor from the comics (even if it does have those stupid pipes). If this is Rohlan Dyre's armor, I won't exactly be upset. I might even use it if Bioware can actually remember to make the jetpack work.

Edited by Millardkillmoore

That's...nice...but I hope it's not the final look for Rohlan's set. If it is, fine, but I won't be nearly as excited for it as I would've been if it had been the comic series look. I mean...that doesn't even look like anything Rohlan was ever depicted as wearing.

Quote from Dulfy:

"Image taken from swtor_miner’s post, might not be the correct model"

So it's entirely possible that it's a picture of another set and not Rohlan Dyre's and that Dulfy just guessed that it was.

You know I really hope that is the case. Unfortunately I have been disappointed several times with how armor turned out from concept art. If this is the final armor then they have completely missed on the set. No where does his armor look like that. Are they that hell bent on not giving us bounty hunters an iconic look we actually want?

Honestly, would prefer that 'concept' set instead. The Rohlan set may look the part but it looks like a 'lite' version of the real thing. Same with the Mandalore the Ultimate set. Looks nothing like it should, these are like bulky armours and the ones we get look like slim suits. Whereas in the comics they have big plates covering the chest down to the pelvic area.

Severely disappointed by both the Ultimate and Rohlan set. When Demagol wears the Rohlan armour he doesn't look thin so it has nothing to do with the muscles or his body shape, it is the plates which they totally got wrong. And Demagol is a skinny bloke but even he looks the part when he wears it.

Anyway... rant over with I guess, just disappointed. At least the helmet looks the part but had hoped to use the chest piece but I look like a skinny man trying to smuggle grape fruits.

Honestly, would prefer that 'concept' set instead. The Rohlan set may look the part but it looks like a 'lite' version of the real thing. Same with the Mandalore the Ultimate set. Looks nothing like it should, these are like bulky armours and the ones we get look like slim suits. Whereas in the comics they have big plates covering the chest down to the pelvic area.

Severely disappointed by both the Ultimate and Rohlan set. When Demagol wears the Rohlan armour he doesn't look thin so it has nothing to do with the muscles or his body shape, it is the plates which they totally got wrong. And Demagol is a skinny bloke but even he looks the part when he wears it.

Anyway... rant over with I guess, just disappointed. At least the helmet looks the part but had hoped to use the chest piece but I look like a skinny man trying to smuggle grape fruits.

y the slim tight styles sucks for HEAVY armor but still i like is because it`s not a recoloured set u can use bits from multiple sets and make something awesome, it`s good to have options