Given Bioware's horrid communication, releases, and overhyping, I wish theyd refocus.

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/Agree.

Single player games are for...well for offline games. An mmo is a game that should first and foremost focus on its multiplayer aspect. SWTOR did okay for grouping through the story and having dialogue options, but in reality the majority of mmo players dont watch every single cutscene, read every single quest, lorebook or whatever. They want that stuff for single player games. SWTOR had so much potential but it flopped.

If SWTOR is to survive for longer it needs to start focusing on multiplayer content. Theres no doubt the majority of people who played swtor spacebarred one point or another.

For most the need to level up and play with your friends exceeds the need to sit there and watch stories.

Wonderfully said. Just wonderful.

This further explains why SWTOR lost over three-fourths of its subscribers after launch and had to go F2P to reskin cosmetics just to make ends meet.

No I'm not. I'm in the Majority actually since Bioware caters to my needs instead of his. That makes him the minority.

He wasn't talking about SWTOR. He was talking about MMO's in general, and he was right in saying that you are in the minority. And this minority is keeping this game alive because the majority of mmo players aren't interested in an MMO that focuses on single player content and story.

Edited by Elite-Defender

Wonderfully said. Just wonderful.

This further explains why SWTOR lost over three-fourths of its subscribers after launch and had to go F2P to reskin cosmetics just to make ends meet.

There are those that love games with a wall of text as quest description and then go out and kill 20 sheep only to find that same quest in the next area. I grew tired of those MMOs a long time ago.

This community has screamed for more class quests in the same style as before, the voices are silent now because Bioware has said that it will likely never happen.

The problem has never been what you say, if they kept on releasing content the way they said before and during launch this game would be huge by now. They dropped the ball by releasing to soon (if they released 1.2 as 1.0 things would have been different). The rest is history but there has been nothing but awesome feedback regarding the classstories and I wish they would release more of them.

He wasn't talking about SWTOR. He was talking about MMO's in general, and he was right in saying that you are in the minority. And this minority is keeping this game alive because the majority of mmo players aren't interested in an MMO that focuses on single player content and story.

Sorry but that's pure speculation as you don't speak for everyone. If you can provide proof that you are an elected official for MMO'ers everywhere, I might consider your views.

There are those that love games with a wall of text as quest description and then go out and kill 20 sheep only to find that same quest in the next area. I grew tired of those MMOs a long time ago.

I've done class stories before around launch and they're exactly like this, just without it being text-based (unless you look in the mission log).

This community has screamed for more class quests in the same style as before, the voices are silent now because Bioware has said that it will likely never happen.

But compare those to the amount who wanted endgame content. The players that left en masse speaks for itself.

The problem has never been what you say, if they kept on releasing content the way they said before and during launch this game would be huge by now. They dropped the ball by releasing to soon (if they released 1.2 as 1.0 things would have been different). The rest is history but there has been nothing but awesome feedback regarding the classstories and I wish they would release more of them.

Releasing a bit later would have helped, but what you're saying is conjecture. The old dev team never thought once that their content would be consumed at such a fast rate. They thought most players would still be leveling 3–4 months after launch.

Things probably would have turned out the same in the end because the old dev team was focused on story and not the MMO aspect of this game.

I have common sense and common knowledge and it's telling me that you don't speak for everyone and unless you provide documentation that you do, your views will be considered false and skewed because you're trying to speak for everyone by saying MMO'ers

Wait let me just make this clear so I can understand your view.

Are you saying, that you think the MAJORITY of MMO players are okay with having a single player setting, or for an MMO to focus on single player content, in an MMO?

Just please clarify for me.

Wait let me just make this clear so I can understand your view.

Are you saying, that you think the MAJORITY of MMO players are okay with having a single player setting, or for an MMO to focus on single player content, in an MMO?

Just please clarify for me.

Yeap.

Releasing a bit later would have helped, but what you're saying is conjecture. The old dev team never thought once that their content would be consumed at such a fast rate. They thought most players would still be leveling 3–4 months after launch.

That is speculation and damagecontrol, my guess is that they knew what was going on but released it anyway due to pressure from investors.

It happens to many, many games.

Yeap.

Okay, can you show me your evidence for this?

Also if the majority of MMOers are okay with having single player content in an MMO, how come this game with one of the biggest IPs in gaming/movie history, flooped soon after launch? Why did all those hundreds and thousands of players leave within 2 months of launch? Did they get bored of the game?

I will answer this for you. It's because there was no end game content, there was no multiplayer stuff to do to keep them playing with their friends.

Edited by Elite-Defender

Also if the majority of MMOers are okay with having single player content in an MMO, how come this game with one of the biggest IPs in gaming/movie history, flooped soon after launch? Why did all those hundreds and thousands of players leave within 2 months of launch? Did they get bored of the game?

I will answer this for you. It's because there was no end game content, there was no multiplayer stuff to do to keep them playing with their friends.

^This

Also if the majority of MMOers are okay with having single player content in an MMO, how come this game with one of the biggest IPs in gaming/movie history, flooped soon after launch? Why did all those hundreds and thousands of players leave within 2 months of launch?

There is no need for me to show evidence as it's my opinion and I'm not treating it as fact. If I wanted to, I would have said it was a fact and provided the necessary evidence.

Also I see players leave mmo's all the time for various reasons. Even WoW despite being 10 years ahead of every other MMO still loses players. How do I know? Because I stopped playing WoW for SWTOR and http://www.statista.com/graphic/1/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter.jpg

There is no need for me to show evidence as it's my opinion and I'm not treating it as fact. If I wanted to, I would have said it was a fact and provided the necessary evidence.

Also I see players leave mmo's all the time for various reasons. Even WoW despite being 10 years ahead of every other MMO still loses players. How do I know? Because I stopped playing WoW for SWTOR and http://www.statista.com/graphic/1/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter.jpg

Yet WoW still has millions and millions of subscribers...

Ah, that clarifies things. Of course, it can be your opinion that the world is shaped like a cucumber, even though you're wrong about it.

You stopped playing WoW for SWTOR? Well damn, I guess that confirms it! I mean, if you did, then everyone else did! Obviously!

And by the graph you showed me, Wows subscribers were rising for 5 years and didn't drop. SWTOR lost like 70% of them in 3 months, mainly due to the fact there was nothing to do end game.

Cheers.

That is speculation and damagecontrol, my guess is that they knew what was going on but released it anyway due to pressure from investors.

It happens to many, many games.

It's not speculation. I'm trying to cite it for you but I can't seem to find the article; however, it was said but I will agree, it was damage control.

Not as many as they used to have.

Sub Loss is Sub Loss, right? I mean you guys keep bringing up that magical 2 million players left swtor number. Why should WoW be exempt?

Again, WoWs subscribers never dropped once in like 5 years. SWTOR dropped about 70% in 3 months.

Ah, that clarifies things. Of course, it can be your opinion that the world is shaped like a cucumber, even though you're wrong about it.

You stopped playing WoW for SWTOR? Well damn, I guess that confirms it! I mean, if you did, then everyone else did! Obviously!

And by the graph you showed me, Wows subscribers were rising for 5 years and didn't drop. SWTOR lost like 70% of them in 3 months, mainly due to the fact there was nothing to do end game.

Cheers.

Opinions are great.

You totally misread what I said. I've seen MMOers leave MMO's for various reasons, this implies I've seen different experiences, no where did I state that me leaving WoW for SWTOR was the sole reason.

Lastly those Subs rising for 5 Years peaked at that number and they've been slowly losing subs since. That time frame is near the end of WOTLK by the way.

Cheers.

Again, WoWs subscribers never dropped once in like 5 years. SWTOR dropped about 70% in 3 months.

Lol you're not reading the graph correctly cause there's an obvious rise and inbetween 2010 and 2011 it starts to decline, occasionally rising back up only to fall again.

Opinions are great.

You totally misread what I said. I've seen MMOers leave MMO's for various reasons, this implies I've seen different experiences, no where did I state that me leaving WoW for SWTOR was the sole reason.

Lastly those Subs rising for 5 Years peaked at that number and they've been slowly losing subs since. That time frame is near the end of WOTLK by the way.

Cheers.

People have been playing the game for 5 years, people are getting older, getting bored of the game, of course it will lose subscribers eventually. All things come to an end eventually.

People played swtor for 3 months and left, no doubt because of the lack of end game content.

People have been playing the game for 5 years, people are getting older, getting bored of the game, of course it will lose subscribers eventually. All things come to an end eventually.

People played swtor for 3 months and left, no doubt because of the lack of end game content.

10 years it peaked at 5 years and have been dropping since.