One thing that should be unlockable from the Cartel Market: LEGACY DATACRONS

GrandLordMenace

WHAT TITLE SAYS.

I will pay an arm or a leg for legacy datacrons in order to dodge those puzzles. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

i'd rather have the fun of finding them, but if they were account-wide that would be awesome. i would also like the datacrons to be in percents so they level with you. for example, a datacron could give .20% cunning to all characters. higher level datacrons could give you an additional 1% to a particular stat.

I'm not fond of puzzles. I'm not against them, they just baffle me because I have no prior MMO experience.

For me, puzzle = browser open to web site with detailed explanation of what to do. Lol.

I am bad at jumping, too, although I've improved a little with practice.

I wouldn't mind having the option to purchase a Legacy Character unlock for Datacrons only after getting the Datacrons at least once with a character. Something like getting HK-51. That way, folks who like doing the puzzles and jumping can continue to do them. Those who don't only need to do it once, but have to pay per character to get an unlock.

Edited by Nmyownworld

WHAT TITLE SAYS.

I will pay an arm or a leg for legacy datacrons in order to dodge those puzzles. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.

NO!

NO NO NO NO NO

Now legacy unlock I agree with

but you still need to do them once fully

Your suggestion turns Datacrons into a Pay 2 Win ideal and frankly that's a game breaker for me

Once you've found a particular Datacron (with perhaps the exceptions of the +10), there is no reason they should not be available (for purchase), legacy wide.

Quite frankly, the major issue I had with Datacrons was not the "puzzle" but the absolutely horrid jump coding.

WHAT TITLE SAYS.

I would support legacy codex entries. I do not, however, support making the stat bonuses legacy wide.

If you want the stat bonuses on a given character, then find the datacrons with that character.

The stat bonuses from datacrons should remain firmly in the "have to be earned per character" category, IMO.

It would seem that the devs have the same opinion.

I point you to this link:

http://torwars.com/swtor-community-cantina-san-francisco-food-drinks-and-a-lot-of-laughter/

Which includes the following:

-I asked if datacrons/codex etc. will be added to legacy in future. Datacrons no, achievements yes.

I also believe that Eric Musco has made a statement that legacy datacrons are highly unlikely as they would likely require the a compete redesign of the datacron system.

Love to see legacy unlock as well.

^ This...

/signed

but don't make the prices crazy, I'd support maybe 30 CC per unlock, with maybe 240 CC for the fleet datacron

I haven't taken the time to get them all, but would, if this were offered... what is NEVER going to happen is to go find them all the hard way, 15 times over... :)

Oh lord not again, I worked hard to get my level 50 trooper and makeb level gear and all the armour and weapons me and my companions use so I should start as a level 50 when I start a new trooper.

No I did not think so either, so why do people believe that datacrons should be like this.

I'd like to see something in housing which can be unlocked which would allow you to build a super matrix cube out of the shards earned over multiple characters, which ultimately counts as the same benefits as the cubes for later legacy characters who reach the stronghold.

u lazy people xD

If u want 'bonus stats', then go get them.. if u cant be bothered, then dont... simple

The only thing it should have to do with legacy is a seperate collection stat for each alt... so if u didnt collect them on the way around, you clearly know what u missed... not just checking planet codex and see u missing 3 somewhere..

i know if u have several alts it can become a pain.. but only if u rushed thro planets and then suddenly decide u want to go get all crons in a day.. if u do them as u level on the way around each planet, its easy...

its the 'kdy speed leveling' craze many of u have.. so i say again.. if u cant be bothered, then dont get the crons

A lot of people seem not to want it, so this probably won't happen. I'd really love it, though: just thinking of doing Tatooine datacrons 20 times freaks me out.

But I would be really happy if I had legacy datacron codex entries/crafting codex entries/beast entries. It's really a hassle to find them each time on each alt; I'd rather have access to the full codex on every alt(except for class-related codex entries).

Anyone who thinks this is a "stat" thing is missing the point. Datacrons haven't been BIS since 1.2b or so. Heck, you can get legacy Rhakghoul relic so why not Datacron(s)?

If it is not a "stat" thing, then you aren't missing anything by not having those "stats", right? If it is not a "stat" thing, then would having the codex entries legacy wide be sufficient, especially if they gave us a way to tell which characters had found each datacron?

Buying ONE Rhakghoul relic does not give EACH AND EVERY one of your characters, present and future, and identical relic. It gives you ONE relic, which you can send between characters. No matter which character has the relic, there is only ONE relic.

You cannot send the datacron stat bonuses between characters. Therein lies the difference.

The Rhakghoul kits are bound to legacy and not unique. IE if you so desire you can spend the {whatever, it's been so long} and put one on each toon.

The level 35 Rhakghoul Relic is + 35 END / + 49 PRE

The level 32 Datacrons is + 33 END / + 29 AIM (Or stats close to that)

The level 35 Drop (not Artifact level) is + 19/+13 with effect bonus.

Honestly if it weren't for the absolutely horrid jump coding in the game I don't think this would be an issue among the "achievement types".

The Rhakghoul kits are bound to legacy and not unique. IE if you so desire you can spend the {whatever, it's been so long} and put one on each toon.

The level 35 Rhakghoul Relic is + 35 END / + 49 PRE

The level 32 Datacrons is + 33 END / + 29 AIM (Or stats close to that)

The level 35 Drop (not Artifact level) is + 19/+13 with effect bonus.

Honestly if it weren't for the absolutely horrid jump coding in the game I don't think this would be an issue among the "achievement types".

I think you're missing something. People are talking about datacrons. You know the things that give (+2/+3/+4) bonuses to stats and a codex entry. Not the matrix cubes (relic) that you are talking about.

I'm lumping the shards and Datacrons together. In that case, to your point, there's even LESS of a reason to not have Datacrons on Legacy purchase.

Really?

If I do my dailies on ONE character, should EACH AND EVERY character I have, present and future, receive the XP and other rewards that were earned by the one character?

If I do all of the capitol world planetary quests on ONE character, should EACH AND EVERY character I have, present and future, receive the XP and other rewards that were earned by the one character?

Some things should be left in the "have to be earned per character" category. IMO, the datacron stat bonuses are one of those things.