I'm really squishy?

Wulox

Just rolled a watchman sentinel , and I am at level 15 currently.

I've had a few PvP games, and whilst I was pleasantly surprised at my damage output (Not once been out of the top two for my team) compared to playing as a guardian, I seem to die a whole lot more. I mean, as a Guardian I might not have done much damage, but I might have only died once or twice a game. Whilst playing as a sentinel I am dying maybe 6 or 7 times a game.

Is this normal, or am I missing something. It always seems as though I get picked on by much larger groups of enemies, focusing all their attention on me. Is this because they see the high DPS as a threat, or am I just really bad at keeping myself alive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, James

Yes it's normal. You're only level 15, you don't have all your defenses/mezz/camo et all, yet you'll still be viewed as a high threat. So no surprise you're getting ganked on and Sents generally go down pretty quickly anyway when focused and/or not supported by teammates (guard/heals/peels).

My personal experiences around level 20 were so bad - with BOTH specs - that I do not intend to play them in PvP again, ever.

Or maybe not until level 55.

Beyond level 55, everything that does damage conbined with a huge survival possibility is king - simply because dedicated guarding/healing just doers not exist in PUGs.

In PvP guilds it does, and that's why they rather steamroll.

• 3 weeks later...
Just rolled a watchman sentinel , and I am at level 15 currently.

I've had a few PvP games, and whilst I was pleasantly surprised at my damage output (Not once been out of the top two for my team) compared to playing as a guardian, I seem to die a whole lot more. I mean, as a Guardian I might not have done much damage, but I might have only died once or twice a game. Whilst playing as a sentinel I am dying maybe 6 or 7 times a game.

Is this normal, or am I missing something. It always seems as though I get picked on by much larger groups of enemies, focusing all their attention on me. Is this because they see the high DPS as a threat, or am I just really bad at keeping myself alive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, James

Low level is the problem...

To be honest: it will remain so: prepare to die often. In stun, slow, root. Because you do not have and will never (unless patched) get anything that will help you once the stun got you. And stuns are plenty and stun cooldowns are low.

So, yes - welcome to the squishy-deadly class. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

you are and will remain that way even at 55 without the best gear, pocket healer and guard.

Lowbie (10-29) pvp is rough due to lack of defensive abilities, 1 30m range ability, medium armor, forgetting to fill the holes in the character sheet with items to boost expertise to 1936.

Edited by Ramtar