So whats the deal? HK-51

CKNORTH

Ok i just recently unlocked HK-51 and i also have Treek, um why on earth do i need to pay for HK on one toon for 350CC every time? just to get him on my characters when i can unlock Treek account wide for 700Ish Coins? i mean even HK gear is useless till he hits 50, i don't want to sound like i'm ranting but i would be willing to spend 700CC just so he unlocks once the quest completes, i have 22 character slots if i did have a character in every slot that is like,

22x350=7700 coins just for one server, ouch!! :confused:

I'd like a true legacy-wide or account-wide option too. (I refuse to pay the per character unlock in either credits or cartel coins. I will just repeat the quest at 50+ on every character instead.)

But that's just the way they designed it to work. You level up enough to get him as an end-game perk or you pay a hefty fee to bypass the end-game requirements and make him available for regular leveling.

I love the convenience of the account-wide unlock for Treek. I can claim the contract at level 10 on any character on any server and I can pick her up just like that. But on the other hand, it's kind of underwhelming getting her from just one short little conversation.

An interesting compromise for a future new companion might be something where a contract like Treek's can be unlocked account-wide but it starts a quest chain spanning a big level range like levels 10-25. It initiates a side story that will stick with you alongside your class story and the planet stories through a few different planets before you finally meet and join up with the new companion.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I love the convenience of the account-wide unlock for Treek. I can claim the contract at level 10 on any character on any server and I can pick her up just like that. But on the other hand, it's kind of underwhelming getting her from just one short little conversation.

Well there's your trade off, since you have to wait until level 10 until you can get treek, but you can get HK-51 at level 1 (even with broken items you will still clear the 1st planet with ease, even with me in cartel gear with no mods, armorings or enhancements).

Edited by Jedi_riches