So, are all the romances the same set-up?

DomiSotto

I have played so far with Riggs, Sweet Felix and a bit with Quinn. And I was wondering if they are all build the same, i.e a compliment or two on the ship, and a kiss in front of the Galaxy map?

So far the only romance that Bio supplied that fits with my idea of how it should be handled was Numen Brock. In other words, romancing while adventuring, not being locked on the ship for a bit of a far too boring dialogue (Let's go on a date.... Really? In SWTOR? Next to the incredible adventures?!)

What I want is the whole high passion sweeping through as the ground burns around, the animated scenes against the gorgeous backgrounds! Hey, why can't I have a kissing scene with Riggs against Nar Shaddaa landing background with all the gorgeous lights?! Why can't my Consular kneel in the snow to heal Iresso's wounds tenderly? Why doesn't Mara get a cutscene where she stands back to back with Pierce on Taris, preparing for the final charge? Why not a single male I went through Alderaan with stops to pluck a snowdrop for my character as we enjoy the coming of spring there?

Is there a high adventure romance like that? With the emotional highs? With the integration of the environment into the romantic story-line?

Fingers crossed?

Edited by DomiSotto

Yea there are romances like that if you roleplay with a boyfriend or husband or another person.

I do that with my boyfriend when we play and we roleplay. Real people have much more imagination than a computerized NPC.

But if you are looking for a companion to do that nope as they are all scripted romances and they are handled that way I imagine because of the way the game is setup.

I seriously doubt they could do that with a companion considering some of the other bugs. A scripted romance can only do so much and that has to be scripted in and with everything else that has to be handled in the game it just wasn't as important as other things.. If that is the kind of romance you are looking for then I suggest you roleplay with a real person.

Edited by ArielaKnight

No pretty animations and cutscenes if you RP; the emotiocons are just text or far off shot, and no body contact of any kind. I love the cinematic aspect of the scripted romances (when Smuggler goes on the tippy-toes to kiss for example) . I also love the well-written and well-voiced dialogues with the characters that belong in the setting and has a lot more immersion into it, belonging to the environment.

So, is Numen's the only one then? :)

Edited by DomiSotto

Yes and no. They all have that same basic setup as the base romance, and sadly some have only that. For some of the other characters though there are romance bits, with some of that adventure aspect, written into the class story missions as well. Although some of the if/then requirements to actually see them can be challenging or downright counter-intuitive.

You usually have to have started the relationship with the companion (the jedi knight and Kira are at least one exception to this) and then either have them as your active companion (Ex. Sith warrior and Vette/Jaesa/Quinn for one of the Taris class missions, classic 'Well since everything is exploding and we're probably about to die, you know I have feelings for you right?' scene) , or NOT have them as your active companion (the jedi consular and Nadia/Iresso for the class mission leading to Corellia is an example, you need to NOT use Nadia or Iresso (whichever you're romancing) during Shattering to see the bit during Descent)

And of course those classes lucky enough to have a romance with the companion that gets active companion missions (as compared to the purely shipboard companion missions) sometimes get romantic aspects to those as well.

Thank you for the tip about Iresso! I should be good there, since I am running with Zenith. Looking forward to seeing it :)

Actually, I keep forcing myself to play IA. I am the only player, I suppose, who likes every other class story more than the IA. And, after Balmorra, I can't stand my character, the only toon I really dislike. To add to that Vector's appearance is a big turn-off for me, unfortunately, not to mention the whole Hive background & him showing up so late in the story, I am practically ready to marry the toon to Treek. :(

Edited by DomiSotto

Thank you for the tip about Iresso! I should be good there, since I am running with Zenith. Looking forward to seeing it :)

Actually, I keep forcing myself to play IA. I am the only player, I suppose, who likes every other class story more than the IA. And, after Balmorra, I can't stand my character, the only toon I really dislike. To add to that Vector's appearance is a big turn-off for me, unfortunately, not to mention the whole Hive background & him showing up so late in the story, I am practically ready to marry the toon to Treek. :(

Treek's a girl, no same-gender marriages :p

And why can't you stand your character? Seems a bit odd.

I am Zenith girl through and through, my favorite companion hands down, and the story of the IA on Balmorra is all about destroying his cell, and killing his personal hero. Both times I did Balmorra story so far on the Imperial side, I did class quests only, and drove in a strange fashion to minimize the BalRes casualties. Edited by DomiSotto

I am Zenith girl through and through, my favorite companion hands down, and the story of the IA on Balmorra is all about destroying his cell, and killing his personal hero. Both times I did Balmorra story so far on the Imperial side, I did class quests only, and drove in a strange fashion to minimize the BalRes casualties.

I see. Well, you aren't forced to kill the guy, you can take him in. But really, he isn't worth admiring anyway. He follows the Eagle, after all. Zenith just has to get over it.

Whatever course of action IA pursues, Zenith lore specifies that Gray Star is executed, and the rest of his cell exterminated. I nearly threw up seeing the IA scenes with that worm Sanju (hopefully his name was on the list given to the Resistance). So, the IA choice is moot.

Gray Star in Zenith dialogues is a way more idealistic character, as Zenith echoes every LS choice Consular makes with "That's what Gray Star would do."

And, frankly, I have no desire to go after Eagle either. The more I play on the Empire side, the more I hate the Empire. :mad: But, by some reason, playing both Sith and the BH is far better, because you go after scum & get to kill either your own or military. The IA kills the very people who have the guts to rebel against the Empire, so those who comply can live their little lives ignoring the slavery, casual cruelty, and a culture of a complete devaluation of anything remotely worth living for.

Edited by DomiSotto

Whatever course of action IA pursues, Zenith lore specifies that Gray Star is executed, and the rest of his cell exterminated. I nearly threw up seeing the IA scenes with that worm Sanju (hopefully his name was on the list given to the Resistance). So, the IA choice is moot.

Gray Star in Zenith dialogues is a way more idealistic character, as Zenith echoes every LS choice Consular makes with "That's what Gray Star would do."

And, frankly, I have no desire to go after Eagle either. The more I play on the Empire side, the more I hate the Empire. :mad: But, by some reason, playing both Sith and the BH is far better, because you go after scum & get to kill either your own or military. The IA kills the very people who have the guts to rebel against the Empire, so those who comply can live their little lives ignoring the slavery, casual cruelty, and a culture of a complete devaluation of anything remotely worth living for.

keep playing the happy go lucky freedom fighters are not what they seem trust me they had it comeing

I have played so far with Riggs, Sweet Felix and a bit with Quinn. And I was wondering if they are all build the same, i.e a compliment or two on the ship, and a kiss in front of the Galaxy map?

So far the only romance that Bio supplied that fits with my idea of how it should be handled was Numen Brock. In other words, romancing while adventuring, not being locked on the ship for a bit of a far too boring dialogue (Let's go on a date.... Really? In SWTOR? Next to the incredible adventures?!)

What I want is the whole high passion sweeping through as the ground burns around, the animated scenes against the gorgeous backgrounds! Hey, why can't I have a kissing scene with Riggs against Nar Shaddaa landing background with all the gorgeous lights?! Why can't my Consular kneel in the snow to heal Iresso's wounds tenderly? Why doesn't Mara get a cutscene where she stands back to back with Pierce on Taris, preparing for the final charge? Why not a single male I went through Alderaan with stops to pluck a snowdrop for my character as we enjoy the coming of spring there?

Is there a high adventure romance like that? With the emotional highs? With the integration of the environment into the romantic story-line?

Fingers crossed?

I'm guessing that they will not continue the class stories so I hope that there will be some kind of date-scene in your house that you can do with your LI-companion. Something that is repeatable. It would make me really happy if I could give my LI a hug after a days work of looting and fighting. Keeping fingers crossed that we might get something like that one day.

Fingers crossed?

Unfortunately not. Though I'd LOVE to see scenes like those.

It's one of the things I really loved about Mass Effect 3, on that game Bioware added several very nice scenes for the romances.

Ranging from

, and the scene on her home world after the story arc there finishes. And some comments in the middle some of the more action oriented cutscenes.

So there's hope yet. Here's to hoping Dragon Age Inquisition carries on the tradition. (Preferably without ME3's ending)

I would love a cutscene in the homestead... don't keep my expectations too too high though.... but SURPRISE ME, Bioware!!!

keep playing the happy go lucky freedom fighters are not what they seem trust me they had it comeing

Okay, maybe I can live without playing an IA al together. I do not want to be a living legend *that much* if my fav companion gets badmouthed behind his back in another class story! QQ

Edited by DomiSotto

I'm guessing that they will not continue the class stories so I hope that there will be some kind of date-scene in your house that you can do with your LI-companion. Something that is repeatable. It would make me really happy if I could give my LI a hug after a days work of looting and fighting. Keeping fingers crossed that we might get something like that one day.

Citadel DLC!

Err, Galactic Strongholds DLC? :p

I would love a cutscene in the homestead... don't keep my expectations too too high though.... but SURPRISE ME, Bioware!!!

Okay, maybe I can live without playing an IA al together. I do not want to be a living legend *that much* if my fav companion gets badmouthed behind his back in another class story! QQ

I think they are refering to "Chemish" and the other more radical members of the resistance.

I don't think Zenith gets mentioned at all during the IA storyline, so you're safe to keep playing. ;)

I was playing with a male BH for a while, and so fa Mako is the most integrated into the adventure from all romantic companions. The otehrs sort of get their big intro, then drop off the orbit, but Mako holds the line steadily. Why can't Riggs or Aric? Oh, well. :)

I dunno, IA is just not my fav class story. I like all the other 7 ones so far, though Consular is my "I want to play it again!!!" one.

I was playing with a male BH for a while, and so fa Mako is the most integrated into the adventure from all romantic companions. The otehrs sort of get their big intro, then drop off the orbit, but Mako holds the line steadily. Why can't Riggs or Aric? Oh, well. :)

I dunno, IA is just not my fav class story. I like all the other 7 ones so far, though Consular is my "I want to play it again!!!" one.

trust me act one finaly on is some of the best writeing in the game

I am lightside and love my sage and shadow but the Agent is a very good story. Yes I know you like Zenith but you forgot what the Eagle did to get this started:

It was not just Darth Jadus on that ship that the Eagle blew up but people just doing their jobs, such as pilots, engineers, etc. It would be one thing to destroy the sith but people just doing their job is a little much.

May I also suggest you finish Chapter 1 and you will find out some other things as well that may help you continue with the Agent's story. It is a very good story and I am not one for dark side, even my sorcerer is mostly lightside.

I don't know, I did not read the spoiler, but making the other guy really, really, really evil and horrible (I did not read the spoiler), when I sympathize deeply with bringing down the Empire just doesn't make me feel any better. It feels unfair. I dunno, with out rotational play it will be ages before I have to play the agent, and we'll do it in small chunks, and stuff. I don't look forward to it, that's for sure. I have an Inq on stand-by to take her place, if I throw the towel in disgust. One just can play the character they despise only so long. Edited by DomiSotto