Focus Sentinel Accuracy and augments (doubt)

Doomleeonn

Good morning guys !

I looked into some sites in web of sentinel focus dps guide:

Nexxus said that for PVP focus need 105% accuracy..but in other day i talked with a sentinel focus (who hits 8-11k in force sweep) and he told me that accuracy on pvp is useless and i need to focus only in power and surge.

What do u say guys ? did i need accuracy for pvp ?

What about the augments ? Overkill is the best choice ? or i should get a might one ?

Thanks all !

Edited by Doomleeonn

Good morning guys !

I looked into some sites in web of sentinel focus dps guide:

Nexxus said that for PVP focus need 105% accuracy..but in other day i talked with a sentinel focus (who hits 8-11k in force sweep) and he told me that accuracy on pvp is useless and i need to focus only in power and surge.

What do u say guys ? did i need accuracy for pvp ?

What about the augments ? Overkill is the best choice ? or i should get a might one ?

Thanks all !

If you mean Noxxic instead of Nexxus, stay away from noxxic. Its information is wrong.

Accuracy in PvP is needed, just not very much. Every class has a passive 5% chance to resist force/tech attacks, so getting 95/105% accuracy is recommended to prevent that 1% chance of failure.

Because of the skill tree, you should have 94/104% accuracy anyway. The last 1% if you want it comes from a single piece of PvP gear for accuracy.

As for augments, might, might and more might. Anything else isn't as good. Power comes close for second, and is better for hitting bigger sweeps, but might improves your follow up damage.

Edited by TACeMossie

If you are Combat Spec'd in PvP then you can get the following accuracy bonus from Talents and companions:

• 1% from your melee tank companion. Get him to max affection and complete all the conversations with him.
  • 3% from talents - Steadfast in combat tree (bottom tier)
  • 3% from Ataru Form (combat)

So combat doesn't need anything for PvP. Every other tree should get 1% accuracy from gear.

If you mean Noxxic instead of Nexxus, stay away from noxxic. Its information is wrong.

Accuracy in PvP is needed, just not very much. Every class has a passive 5% chance to resist force/tech attacks, so getting 95/105% accuracy is recommended to prevent that 1% chance of failure.

Because of the skill tree, you should have 94/104% accuracy anyway. The last 1% if you want it comes from a single piece of PvP gear for accuracy.

As for augments, might, might and more might. Anything else isn't as good. Power comes close for second, and is better for hitting bigger sweeps, but might improves your follow up damage.

Its really strange man, because if i don't use any gear of accuracy... i stay with 100% tech accuracy.

Now i'm using armor,legs and implant with power and accuracy.. and i'm with 104% =x

if i have accuracy on skill tree it doesn't shows in the character page lol

Edited by Doomleeonn

Its really strange man, because if i don't use any gear of accuracy... i stay with 100% tech accuracy.

Now i'm using armor,legs and implant with power and accuracy.. and i'm with 104% =x

if i have accuracy on skill tree it doesn't shows in the character page lol

Get the companion bonus then link your skill tree, ill fix it up

you goof, you shouldnt be playing Focus for PvP... It's damage is not that great anymore, i prefer Watchman and use This build for Watchman because i gain the 3% accuracy from the tree, and i have my 1% companion bonus which makes my total accuracy overall 94%/104% which for me personally is fine because 1% is a pretty low chance.

OBS: the accuracy thing its for PvP and i don't get the companion 1% accuracy

my skill tree for PvP: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/sentinel#20-120212-123231211322211020223

The 1% accuracy bonus for all conversations with T7 is active at all times, not just in PvE. So I'd recommend getting all your companions through every convo for all of dem bonus's.

Then update your skill tree to this - http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/sentinel#20-120230-123231211322211020223

Focus always has too much focus for it to spend, so by moving to that, you get another 2% accuracy without really nerfing focus management at all

you goof, you shouldnt be playing Focus for PvP... It's damage is not that great anymore, i prefer Watchman and use This build for Watchman because i gain the 3% accuracy from the tree, and i have my 1% companion bonus which makes my total accuracy overall 94%/104% which for me personally is fine because 1% is a pretty low chance.

You know, it takes 20 seconds for watchman to start doing better damage than focus, and focus's non-AoE burst is still there. If your gonna suggest a better PvP spec, at least be smart about it and suggest combat

You know, it takes 20 seconds for watchman to start doing better damage than focus, and focus's non-AoE burst is still there. If your gonna suggest a better PvP spec, at least be smart about it and suggest combat

Combat can be shut down with 1 GCD's worth of stun during the P-Slash window. None of the Sentnel specs right now are good for PvP, and the current best that I have played with is Watchman, it cranks out the best results for me.

Combat can be shut down with 1 GCD's worth of stun during the P-Slash window. None of the Sentnel specs right now are good for PvP, and the current best that I have played with is Watchman, it cranks out the best results for me.

They're all good... even focus, yes the aoe got nerfed but its single target burst is still pretty sick and since half of its burst dmg is yellow its the spec that deals the most vs someone with cds up (exception obviously being shroud/resilience). Also the surge bonus thing on all attacks is nice... but ye lets keep saying a spec that can do a 10k smash (on guy with no aoe reduction) into 7k blade storm into 4.5k exhaustion tick, 6k zealous leap, 10k execute, 10k last master strike ticks, 5k slashes, isn't pvp "viable"

Edited by AngusFTW

They're all good... even focus, yes the aoe got nerfed but its single target burst is still pretty sick and since half of its burst dmg is yellow its the spec that deals the most vs someone with cds up (exception obviously being shroud/resilience). Also the surge bonus thing on all attacks is nice... but ye lets keep saying a spec that can do a 10k smash (on guy with no aoe reduction) into 7k blade storm into 4.5k exhaustion tick, 6k zealous leap, 10k execute, 10k last master strike ticks, 5k slashes, isn't pvp "viable"

So much truth in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
So much truth in this post.

Except from the fact that those abilities critting back to back is nearly impossible with the ****** crit chance Focus has, but when you crit it definitely hurts. I tried running 24% crit chance with Focus for the lols before I hit 55 and even if my Smashes never hit harder than 9k, I got a crapload of other crits and I found that 1v1 I was actually performing better...but hey...nothing like getting 10-11k hits on sorcs :o

Which is why a tad of crit (i run 200 for anni and rage) isn't all that bad an idea anymore.

I think it never was a bad idea, and now that the AoE bombs are gone, its time to try and make those other abilities useful.

They're all good when your wearing full min/max Brutalizer.

Any Sentinel tree can get shut down with stun lock, which has always been a royal pain. Sweep/Smash is worthless when the target has stealth abilities. Sentinel is gear dependent and being the only medium armor melee toon doesn't help until your almost/full Brutalizer.

Edited by Ramtar

I think that means "One sentinel was bad, and the other one wasn't (As bad? :eek:)"

One Focus Sentinel (full min/max Brutalizer) doing 680k damage and one Focus Sentinel (full min/max Obroan) doing 380k damage.

Edited by Ramtar