The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Triple colored dyes?

Is this something that has ever been mentioned / confirmed never to come in game? Would love to see Black/Black/Black or other triple colored dyes implemented, so you get to change an entire set of gear to entirely one color.

There are many gear sets in the game that has more than two colors, and while you can get black/black - white/white, more often than not there's a third color that ruins the set regardless. :(

No?

Is this something that has ever been mentioned / confirmed never to come in game? Would love to see Black/Black/Black or other triple colored dyes implemented, so you get to change an entire set of gear to entirely one color.

There are many gear sets in the game that has more than two colors, and while you can get black/black - white/white, more often than not there's a third color that ruins the set regardless. :(

No?

Not a bad idea.

Personally, I'd rather see a dye system similar to that used in Guild Wars 2.

You would think that bioware eventually caves in and makes the emperor palpatine robes.

But then again they made the iconic jedi suit based on luke skywalkers outfit in Return of the Jedi. Except, of course, y'know... not black.

Amazing really.

Edited by KhamG

That would require them to completely revamp the dye system and redo all gear to have 3rd dye areas. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. If your primary concern is just those few armors that have areas that don't change color, it might be more feasible/practical to ask them to "fix" those, instead of asking them to redo the whole dye system at this point.

That would require them to completely revamp the dye system and redo all gear to have 3rd dye areas. I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. If your primary concern is just those few armors that have areas that don't change color, it might be more feasible/practical to ask them to "fix" those, instead of asking them to redo the whole dye system at this point.

You are right.

There are tertiary colors on armor pieces, and then there are static colors. Important to see the difference there.

I've seen armor sets where pieces were indeed dyed differently, yet the first and second color matching. At first glance they may seem similar, using the same preset colors, but that may only be true for the first 2 colors again.

The thing is that it seems the third color is given the color of the second. It may even be that there are 4 or more when there's a first and second primary & secondary color.

Adding a color like black-black-black therefor makes no sense, a black-white-black or a black-black-white however might.

The static colors however might not be an option without some serious overhauling, those might be more part of the texture on some pieces.