Just hit 55

jpscjpsc

I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the game. Levelling for the first time was a lot of fun and didn't feel like a grind at all. Now that I'm 55 there is so much new content to enjoy its overwhelming! I did my first operation last night and didn't kill anyone (though I did die once!). I have a great guild I'm a part of too which I know is going to help. I have datacrons to find, my class quest to finsh, companion quests to do, gear to get, rep to max. I know most of you have done it all and are half bored but it really is fun for somebody new :) and by the time it's not FIFA 15 will be out!

So aside from wanting to give some positive feedback I did have a question, as a Sentinel should I keep Doc as my companion or start gearing a dps companion to help with dailies? Is HK-51 worth getting if so? I have him on my long long list of things to do anyway but I might get him next if he is good. I don't have the CC for Treek yet.

I advise gearing the snot out of Doc. You can kill stuff plenty fast, healer companions do fairly good damage even in heal stance, and you'll want survivability for daily mission zones.

Thanks! I was lucky enough to do a HM FP where nobody needed cunning gear and it was the only stuff that dropped so I got it all :D It definitely helped Doc a lot

Grats! And I completely agree with @Venomlash. Another suggestion would be to find a healing friend in the guild to play with. So much more of the game opens up for 2 players plus companions ... including D7 and the Ilum flashpoints at 50.

I highly recommend keeping custom and Artifact gear and filling them in with armoring, mods & enhancements from the Makeb planetary commendation vendor on fleet. Those alone will get your gear to 140. The trick is to ding 50 with 100 planetary comms and get armoring first, then go back to the vendor and upgrade the remaining slots as you play. Voss heroics pay handsomely and provide a lot of comms. The weekly there is pretty boff too. In fact a round of weeklies will pretty much get you there.

You can also get 122 greens for your companion (I crafted mine) which are pretty inexpensive and will help a LOT.

As you continue you can swap armoring, mods & enhancements out for better armoring, mods & enhancements. By the time you finish the Oricon intro series and complete your first set of dailies there you'll have 156 armor and main hand weapon which will allow you to 2-man (with difficulty) Kaon and Lost Island, as well as have you comfortably geared for HM FPs and SM Ops.

http://www.swtor.com/info/eldergame

Hope that made sense.

Edited by GalacticKegger