Question about Sith/Imperial Hierarchy

makallitank

So I started playing a Sith Warrior recently and I'm wondering - where do the Sith fall in the chain of command?

Can my Sith pretty much do anything he wants? Because it seems like almost everyone considers him to be a high-ranking member of the faction.

From my understanding, Sith are basically the top of the food chain in regards to the rest of Imperial Command. Exceptions are if an officer is under the command of a superior Sith. So there are limits to what they can do.

From my understanding, Sith are basically the top of the food chain in regards to the rest of Imperial Command. Exceptions are if an officer is under the command of a superior Sith. So there are limits to what they can do.

Even then a Sith can get away with murdering an officer serving someone who is ostensibly his/her superior if he can justify it without so much as a slap on the wrist. Colonel Trill, anyone?

As far as I can tell, the only rank in the Imperial military that can rival that of a Sith Lord is a Moff. Even Acolytes and Apprentices seem to outrank just about everyone simply by association.

You're the apprentice of one of the most powerful sith in the empire. That gives you more power than you'd have on your own. Any sith can kill pretty much anyone of low rank--unless they're a favorite of someone powerful. The apprentice of a sith with no power might have to be more carefuls, but you have a powerful backer that people wouldn't want to cross. It would raise eyebrows if you killed someone truly powerful. It also has to be remembered that any time you kill a non-sith, you're attacking those who control them or whom they're useful to--sith who may come after you. There's always politics and protection of turf to be considered at all times. Edited by errant_knight

As Baras tells you early on: "I have spies everywhere."

Others find Baras an influential man and so would attempt to follow his power structure I.E. there's gonna be a lot of ambitious powerful Sith out there who might have taken command of that Ensign you chocked to death or that Apprentice you stole an artifact from. Imperial politics are extremely difficult to keep track of even for the highest ranked of those within the Empire, but basically it goes like this I think:

Emperor - Dark Council - Darths and high ranking Moffs etc- Lords - Apprentices - Acolytes - Rest of Military - Civilians - Slaves