We have had this thread before...

anesvik

Straight to the point,...f2p needs chat restrictions or their own channel. If they have their own channel, people that help them can see it if they have it on, and the f2p can see all the other channels so they can see everything else.

I know this seems unfair, or whatever...and sometimes my sub lapses so this will punish me as we...but i cam SICK of right click, ignore, right click, report spam...right click, ignore, right click, report spam...3 times when i long in and 2 more times every 5 minutes.

It could be said that the presence of them means this game is going well enough that it warrants those websites attention...

But this borderlines on harassment, cant LF Ops or pvp goup, sell or buy things without constantly having it in my face.

I know restricting f2p seems harsh...but there has to be something that can be done?

At first, I would have said to suck it up - you're just clicking a mouse. I'm where you're at now, though. It's ridiculous how often it needs to be done. Literally, multiple times, every time I log onto a toon on the fleet.

There has to be another way. If not the OP's suggestion, then something else.

And, again, I agree that all you have to do is click your mouse a couple of times, so it's not that big of a deal. At this point, though, it's the principle of it. It's that whole "why is nothing being done" feeling.

Straight to the point,...f2p needs chat restrictions or their own channel. If they have their own channel, people that help them can see it if they have it on, and the f2p can see all the other channels so they can see everything else.

I know this seems unfair, or whatever...and sometimes my sub lapses so this will punish me as we...but i cam SICK of right click, ignore, right click, report spam...right click, ignore, right click, report spam...3 times when i long in and 2 more times every 5 minutes.

It could be said that the presence of them means this game is going well enough that it warrants those websites attention...

But this borderlines on harassment, cant LF Ops or pvp goup, sell or buy things without constantly having it in my face.

I know restricting f2p seems harsh...but there has to be something that can be done?

Unnecessary, IMO. Simply exert a small percentage of the wonderful abilities of your mind and just /mentally_ignore anyone that is presenting chat that is of no interest to you. You can do it.

And by the way.... you do realize that the subs are as much scrubs in terms of chat behavior as non-subs. So you are solving nothing here....just creating an artificial restriction on player to player communications.

Edited by Andryah

If they would would do some research on where these free accounts are being made that might help... like if they can see that those accounts are being mass generated in foreign country.. then work to block all accounts in those regions of the country... people can hide ISP's etc.. but for what they are doing they are not going to that much trouble to do that...

If they would would do some research on where these free accounts are being made that might help... like if they can see that those accounts are being mass generated in foreign country.. then work to block all accounts in those regions of the country... people can hide ISP's etc.. but for what they are doing they are not going to that much trouble to do that...

What if they were being generated in your country and they block off that region? Then you can't play...

the bad engrish and the sites that these spammers tend to link too.. would indicate to me that they are not coming from the US... but form a site in China/Korea etc... the typical place where people dont play a game but instead try to make money from games by illegal means.

Limiting F2P chat isn't going to stop gold sellers. Look at ESO they are pure P2P and they have worse Gold spam than SWTOR.

There is only 1 way to stop gold sellers. STOP BUYING IT. if The player base doesn't buy it there will be no reason for them to sell it.

the bad engrish and the sites that these spammers tend to link too.. would indicate to me that they are not coming from the US... but form a site in China/Korea etc... the typical place where people dont play a game but instead try to make money from games by illegal means.

Wow, that didn't sound racist at all in your head did it? :eek:

Limiting F2P chat isn't going to stop gold sellers. Look at ESO they are pure P2P and they have worse Gold spam than SWTOR.

There is only 1 way to stop gold sellers. STOP BUYING IT. if The player base doesn't buy it there will be no reason for them to sell it.

I never agree with Warrgames, so I won't agree here either... but I won't disagree either :cool:

It might sound racist..... But I still think it would fix alot if they would take action against the ISP;s they people use... They are not going to go through the trouble to swtich contstantly.. and if they do.. it will at least slow down their spam

It might sound racist..... But I still think it would fix alot if they would take action against the ISP;s they people use... They are not going to go through the trouble to swtich contstantly.. and if they do.. it will at least slow down their spam

Right... cause we don't care 'bout dem aisians playin' tha game... amirite? :rolleyes:

Right... cause we don't care 'bout dem aisians playin' tha game... amirite? :rolleyes:

Im not going to answer that... :p But I will say that aggressivly going after ISP's and closing down the locations of those people by blocking their areas from being able to make new accounts would go along way in making people have a better time.

Another step that would be better and would help would be to block all Communication channels on F2P accounts untill so many days have passed. This would slow down the chat spam... and still let those who legitimitly create accounts be able to chat once they have spent the time needed to get past the trial account chat limit.

Edited by Duskrequim
horrible english

Im not going to answer that... :p But I will say that aggressivly going after ISP's and closing down the locations of those people by blocking their areas from being able to make new accounts would go along way in making people have a better time.

Another step that would be better and would help would be to block all Communication channels on F2P accounts untill so many days have passed. This would slow down the chat spam... and still let those who legitimitly create accounts be able to chat once they have spent the time needed to get past the trial account chat limit.

You don't think people who have the tech savvy to create sophisticated bots don't have the smarts to use proxies?

Waiting periods? You don't think the same people can't create 100 new accounts every day and simply push them along day after day like a virtual peristalsis process?

You don't think people who have the tech savvy to create sophisticated bots don't have the smarts to use proxies?

Waiting periods? You don't think the same people can't create 100 new accounts every day and simply push them along day after day like a virtual peristalsis process?

I think that the majority of Spammers are too lazy to create proxies... and for those who create 100's of accounts.. you should be able to limit how many a person makes... There has to be a way to limit a persons access to the website for account creation.. Like some kind of cookie etc that once on computer that if you try to access site to make an account more than 5 times it blocks attempts and you have to contact support to unlock it.. like when you enter PW's too many times. This should be easy to implement....

I think that the majority of Spammers are too lazy to create proxies... and for those who create 100's of accounts.. you should be able to limit how many a person makes... There has to be a way to limit a persons access to the website for account creation.. Like some kind of cookie etc that once on computer that if you try to access site to make an account more than 5 times it blocks attempts and you have to contact support to unlock it.. like when you enter PW's too many times. This should be easy to implement....

Just for your own enlightenment, google "swtor credits," then go visit some of those sites. Until you've done that you should probably refrain from suggesting how gold spammers should be dealt with. :)

Just for your own enlightenment, google "swtor credits," then go visit some of those sites. Until you've done that you should probably refrain from suggesting how gold spammers should be dealt with. :)

I still think they are majority outside the US>.... But like I suggested.. block people from making multiple accounts on a computer... that and with blocking chat channels in F2P accounts for first week would go along way to limiting spam.. it will not stop it.. But you would see a decline.

I still think they are majority outside the US>.... But like I suggested.. block people from making multiple accounts on a computer... that and with blocking chat channels in F2P accounts for first week would go along way to limiting spam.. it will not stop it.. But you would see a decline.

Okay, you win. :)

Edited by scratcha
Grammar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.