Images for the Homestead on Tatooine

Darth_Wicked

You do know that Dr. Lorrick did some mad experiences on Ord Mantell, right? Who's to say one of his "lab rats" didn't escape?

Maybe then better retire to the Voss planet, I heard the view from the mountains is pretty. maybe open a monastery there. :D

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe then better retire to the Voss planet, I heard the view from the mountains is pretty. maybe open a monastery there. :D

The Gormak may bomb it altogether. They tried that already with the Shrine of Healing.

Fortunately for the Voss, I stopped them. :D

Fool. :mad:

Krayt Dragons went extinct decades ago.

If that's true ... then why did the Tusken Raiders flee in a panic when Old Ben Kenobi imitated one to frighten them away from Luke in A New Hope? That was 3000 years after this era.

Ergo Krayt Dragons could not possibly be extinct. Rare yes, but extinct - clearly not.

That looks like the perfect place for my Jedi! Maybe not my other toons, but definitely my Jedi!

yes, this would be great for my Jedi guys, Nar shadaa would be perfect for my agent, smuggler, and bounty hunter, (and it could work for trooper too), Coruscant would be ok for pretty much any of my pub toons (especially trooper), and definitely Dromund Kaas for my Sith guys

If that's true ... then why did the Tusken Raiders flee in a panic when Old Ben Kenobi imitated one to frighten them away from Luke in A New Hope? That was 3000 years after this era.

Ergo Krayt Dragons could not possibly be extinct. Rare yes, but extinct - clearly not.

There's one theory that they fear Anakin Skywalker. Seeing as how he brutally cut down an entire tribe, it would make sense for legends of a hooded man in brown robes who would terrorize/threaten the tusken raiders. Seeing as how Anakin had happened rather recently, the legend would certainly be strong while Ben Kenobi was hiding on Tatooine.

yes, this would be great for my Jedi guys, Nar shadaa would be perfect for my agent, smuggler, and bounty hunter, (and it could work for trooper too), Coruscant would be ok for pretty much any of my pub toons (especially trooper), and definitely Dromund Kaas for my Sith guys

Yep! I'm super excited! My Jedi has a solitary place, finally, and one that looks pretty awesome for training!

even if we ignore that numerous other sources place Krayt dragons being alive during the rebellion era.

And I quote...

Enormous predatory lizards that prowl the dunes of Tatooine, krayt dragons are both feared and revered by the Jawas and Sand People that share their world. Slaying one of the fearsome beasts was once a rite of passage for young Sand People warriors, and the Jawa believe krayt bones possess mystical properties. For all their importance to Tatooine’s native cultures, however, krayt dragons are extraordinarily rare and quite possibly extinct–no living krayt has been seen in decades. Nonetheless, their towering skeletons are a testament to their power and majesty, and a pilgrimage to the legendary krayt graveyard remains a holy ritual in many Sand People tribes.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/krayt-dragon/1622/

Regardless, two things: Do learn to take a joke and do the GSI dailies on Tatooine. There's a reason why the latter is interested in procuring "fossilized" Krayt Dragon eggs I guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Wait... Was that a sunset on Tattooine?

It sure looks like it. :D

Regardless, it's not exactly clear if the Strongholds will be located on Tatooine or in a separate instance altogether, akin to what they did in the past with the Black Hole and Section X.

When you get to Belsavis, it's day-time; Section X, on the other hand, is night-time.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Makes me even more excited to see some DK images, that is the only Stronghold we haven't seen yet.

It is dark and brooding with red/purple highlights. Probably has a lot of straight lines. It is also rainy with a lightning storm. A depressing haven of hopelessness and despair.

Edited by TheBBP

I will be pleasantly surprised if you can leave your cliff-side apartment and walk the grounds, but I do not expect it.

In a related question: will my Nar Shadaa stronghold be on the appropriate taxi network?

Since the screen shot back at that glass appartment overlook probably came from a character I am still hopeful we can wander around the grounds.

If 'disputed worlds' get two strongholds, one for each faction, doesn't that mean thatour one freebe stronghold will have to be picked for which faction you unlock it?

It sure looks like it. :D

Regardless, it's not exactly clear if the Strongholds will be located on Tatooine or in a separate instance altogether, akin to what they did in the past with the Black Hole and Section X.

When you get to Belsavis, it's day-time; Section X, on the other hand, is night-time.

Very true. How ever they want to implement this, some tattooine sunset would be awesome.

Nighttime on coruscant would be awesome too

Very true. How ever they want to implement this, some tattooine sunset would be awesome.

Nighttime on coruscant would be awesome too

I could be wrong but seeing from the videos, plus these pictures, it would seem the day- or night-time won't change at all, both on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

Coruscant 01 ( Dulfy.net )

Coruscant 02 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 01 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 02 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 03 ( Dulfy.net )

EDIT:

The one on DK is viewable in-game right now.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I could be wrong but seeing from the videos, plus these pictures, it would seem the day- or night-time won't change at all, both on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant.

Coruscant 01 ( Dulfy.net )

Coruscant 02 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 01 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 02 ( Dulfy.net )

Dromund Kaas 03 ( Dulfy.net )

EDIT:

The one on DK is viewable in-game right now.

Most likely this will bê the case, but sure wouldn't mind Mixing it up.

Dromund kaas is pretty much always dark and rainy I think regardless though