petition: Stop making cartel market replicas of craftable gear

watermelonfan

Completely not signed. Most of the returned gear was removed before I had the chance to acquire any of it. Now I have the chance to at least get something similar.

Should add that once again, LordArtemis' idea is brilliant and would greatly improve crafting.

Also, nobody should be relying on something in a video game to make them feel special.

Thanks. It still needs a bit of tweaking, but Im working on perfecting it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When items get removed they should never come back. That makes the game more interesting. It also helps crafters make credits. Its something to reward older players for being a part of the game. It also gives old players a reason to stay.

I'd say there's a flaw in your logic. Being able to craft a specific item doesn't give anyone a reason to stay, or everyone that can craft that item would still be here, and you wouldn't be making the money you're making now. After all, if you don't have the market cornered, people will undercut you, and you'll be here trying to explain how people need to learn how to use the GTN. After all, you're making no secret that it's all about your money. Perhaps you need to change your focus? Perhaps there's still a market for what you're crafting? However, if your supposition is correct, you're going to run out of market anyway, because all the old players staying? They'll already have what you're selling, and new players? They won't be able to afford what you're selling.

Stop making cartel market gear identical or similar to craftable gear. This is really wrong because who will buy my unique crafted armor shells when you keep making reclaimable and adaptive armor versions?

If they are really so popular that people want an adaptive version, then make the crafted version adaptive.

Hmm, let's look at Bioware's choices here:

Option 1: Make craftable gear adaptive and stop selling it on the Cartel Market thereby protecting the pixel-profits of a few faux-business people in a fantasy online world ...

OR

Option 2: Copy the art (development resources) for craftable gear and sell it as adaptive on the Cartel Market thereby making real money for our real business in the real world.

What to do? ...what to do? :rolleyes:

No problems. I'm starting to think they should hire you. :D

That's nice of you to say, but my current boss might have issue with that hehe.

Besides, I doubt Bioware has need for a Maya mechanic....I do animation work, layered and pose to pose workflows and animation layers as well as a bit of CGI post work.

I'm happy just coming up with suggestions when I can.

That's nice of you to say, but my current boss might have issue with that hehe.

Besides, I doubt Bioware has need for a Maya mechanic....I do animation work, layered and pose to pose workflows and animation layers as well as a bit of CGI post work.

I'm happy just coming up with suggestions when I can.

Lol I actually had to Google what that was. Sounds interesting work. Also very complicated. :D

/Unsupported

The more armors that become adaptive the greater range of roleplaying options become.

I know you may feel your crafting is getting destroyed, but we are at a point in the game where we should be encouraging more sets that are currently restricted via class and armor type to become Adaptive.

Agreed. I should not have to go to some whiney crafter charging for overpriced merchandise in game, as I am sure the OP is doing. Crafting should be but one option for people who desire such a thing in game. It by no means should be a forced or only option to obtain an item.

By the way, I skimmed his rant, so... Did he use the phrase "Slap in the face" in it at all? If he did, I think I might have just double bingoed on my "SWTOR Forums Cliche Card" this week. XD

Does this count?

(...) If you make add anymore war hero reskins on the cartel market or anywhere is in the game other then in the next pack, then I am quiting. (...)

I'd feel more sympathy if it wasn't for the fact that in order to wear the crafted armor you're talking about, you need pretty high valor rating. A friend has been trying to build up valor so he could get the moddable assassin mask, and he hates pvp. But that was the only way he could get it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.