The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Harrison Ford injured on set of EP7

Airlifted to a hospital after a door shut on his ankle? This isn't the Han Solo we used to know, folks. :p

Or Indiana for that matter.

Even if he was meant to convey it, Harrison did appear to be a little bit worse for wear on Crystal Skull so to speak. And that was six years ago or so.

Airlifted to a hospital after a door shut on his ankle? This isn't the Han Solo we used to know, folks. :p

oh come on man, its been confirmed his ankle is broken, he ain't as young as he used to be you know.

oh and by the way for those wondering filming is still continuing, its just that the parts involving Han Solo are going to be filmed when his ankle heals and everything else will get filmed first.

to be fair, Mark Hamill on the Empire Strikes Back set sprained his thumb jumping into snow for one of the Hoth/imperial Walker scenes and could not hold a lightsaber for a few weeks and they had to hold off on filming that until it healed and people did not make fun of him...

I can just picture it now.

"Close the blast doors!"

"Aaargh!"

"Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!"

I kid, I kid. Poor guy, I hope he gets better.

I do agree, that is funny...but I also wish him the best in healing as well.

I do see that when it comes to Harrison Ford's accident, no one can dish out the funny antics like Twitter...

* Harrison Ford rushed to hospital following #StarWars accident http://t.co/uDstBKgdOS

* Following on-set injury, new design for Millennium Falcon revealed. Via @catwithnotail #StarWars #HarrisonFord http://t.co/Wn0Z82FL31

* There are a bunch of jokes, antics, and of course plenty of puns, HERE

Here are even some of the reviews from other sites...

"Ford's response when testing the ankle after it was crushed: "I have a bad feeling about this."

Best one I read somewhere: Imperial walkers now come with tennis balls on their legs.

Upon looking up some information today about Han Solo I noticed THIS. I think Wiki may have the correct term for him and what he has.

Influence and critical reaction

Han Solo is a reckless smuggler with a sarcastic wit;[4] he is "a very practical guy" and considers himself "a materialist";[5] but the adventures in the first Star Wars movie evoke his compassion, a trait "he didn't know he possessed".[5]

The American Film Institute ranked Solo as the 14th greatest film hero.[6] He was also deemed the 4th greatest movie character of all-time by Empire magazine.[7] Entertainment Weekly ranked the character 7th on their list of The All-Time Coolest Heroes in Pop Culture.[8] On their list of the 100 Greatest Fictional Characters, Fandomania.com ranked Solo at number 15.[9] IGN listed Han Solo as the second greatest Star Wars character of all time (behind Darth Vader),[10] as well as listing him as one of the top 10 characters who most needed a spin-off, saying he was "Arguably the coolest character in the Star Wars universe".[11]

Prince of Persia producer Ben Mattes explained that their "inspiration was anything Harrison Ford has ever done: Indiana Jones, Han Solo".[12] The Japanese manga and anime anti-hero Space Adventure Cobra has been compared by reviewers to Solo.[13][14] In preparing to play James T. Kirk, Chris Pine drew inspiration from Ford's depictions of Han Solo and Indiana Jones, highlighting their humor and "accidental hero" traits.[15]

Indeed, the Han Solo we know would have used the Force to stop that falling hydraulic door!

...Right?

Han had no connection to the force, but he did had a knack for getting outta trouble, as well as having what many called, "luck of the smuggler", or "scoundrel's luck".

Edited by JediCounsular

I might get a lot of flak for this, but I think it was a bad idea to recast him in the first place. Harrison Ford has looked so tired and bored in just about every movie he's been in the last decade. I mean, we all saw what became of Indiana Jones. Characters like Indie and Han are male power fantasies, they aren't particularly deep or complicated, so when you reintroduce these characters as old men... it just doesn't work. You want to live precariously through these characters, but no one wants to be old.

I might get a lot of flak for this, but I think it was a bad idea to recast him in the first place. Harrison Ford has looked so tired and bored in just about every movie he's been in the last decade. I mean, we all saw what became of Indiana Jones. Characters like Indie and Han are male power fantasies, they aren't particularly deep or complicated, so when you reintroduce these characters as old men... it just doesn't work. You want to live precariously through these characters, but no one wants to be old.

yeah but considering all the new people and such, its probably going to be roles akin to mentoring and passing the torch, it wouldn't be right if these new characters and new heroes came in without the blessing of the last generation of heroes, like how Obi-Wan and Yoda passed on the legacy of the Jedi to Luke.

Now they're saying Ford may be in a cast for 6 months, so there's speculation the release date may need to slip. Rumors are that he plays a key role in the film, and is actually in it more than Fisher and Hamill. So either they rewrite it to be less Han-centric, or they postpone the movie's release.

Now they're saying Ford may be in a cast for 6 months, so there's speculation the release date may need to slip. Rumors are that he plays a key role in the film, and is actually in it more than Fisher and Hamill. So either they rewrite it to be less Han-centric, or they postpone the movie's release.

I saw an update on facebook that said it would still be released on time, they are just filming all the scenes that don't involve Ford first.