Dumb question? Cosmetic tab?

Kantaso

Do we have a cosmetic tab in our characters to wear equipment?

I have these 2 collections of armor that are more cosmetic look than anything but I cannot wear them without removing the armor I got on now, is there another way like in other games where you have another tab for cosmetic armor? Like just for show without having to remove your actual armor?

Every high level piece of armor has it's stats provided by the modifications inside it (Armoring, Mod and Enhancement) these can be removed and placed it any item which has the slots for it.

IE: If I got a chest piece from the Cartel Market with an armoring/mod/enhancement slot I can pull the armoring/mod/enhancement from my current chest and place them in that chest piece.

Many players* have requested they add a feature for appearance tabs like we get in other games. So far, no love.

*I base "many players" on the fact that I want appearance tabs and assume that a vast majority of players agree with me. That's how the internet works, right?;)

Many players* have requested they add a feature for appearance tabs like we get in other games. So far, no love.

*I base "many players" on the fact that I want appearance tabs and assume that a vast majority of players agree with me. That's how the internet works, right?;)

Ah, OK, yeah that is what I was looking for, could be nice and could generate a lot of $$ for the game, because people could buy all the fluff they want to make their characters more unique.

Ah, OK, yeah that is what I was looking for, could be nice and could generate a lot of $$ for the game, because people could buy all the fluff they want to make their characters more unique.
There is a long forum thread about appearance tabs, in which the various proponents and detractors have beat the deceased equine into pulp. If you want to read the different perspectives, you might find that thread.

Every high level piece of armor has it's stats provided by the modifications inside it (Armoring, Mod and Enhancement) these can be removed and placed it any item which has the slots for it.

IE: If I got a chest piece from the Cartel Market with an armoring/mod/enhancement slot I can pull the armoring/mod/enhancement from my current chest and place them in that chest piece.

Though it will cost you 10,000 credits per piece to do this for the mods. Then add on 36,000 credits for a Mark 9 Augment slot per piece, with the Augment Kit & Augment itself extra.

ToR isn't a game for people who like to change their looks regularly.

I wish ToR had Lotros Appearance tab & Wardrobe feature.

This. LotRO has the best cosmetic features of any MMO I have ever played, hands down, and I have played a lot of MMOs.
Agreed. LOTRO is, in my experience, by far the most RP-friendly MMO I've ever played ... and I've played a lot as well.

I don't know if the guy who implemented the appearance tab in SWG is still part of this dev team, but if he is he needs to get on it ASAP.

I would buy tons more armor (i.e. spend Cartel Coins) if I could just have a look I wanted without needing to spend all the credits to strip out the mods every time I wanted to change clothes.

This. LotRO has the best cosmetic features of any MMO I have ever played, hands down, and I have played a lot of MMOs.

I generally agree with you on this assessment.

That said.... no MMO has everything in it..... and while I think someday we may get an appearance tab, the modable and adaptive armor approach taken by SWTOR is fine unless you change outfits every day and need the mods changed as well (not a particularly bright idea IMO). SWTOR has so much more appeal for many players then LoTRO..... mainly for the IP I think.....but it's great IP to use as the foundation of an MMO. LoTR is great IP too....but it's not star wars, it's not sci-fi, and it's been done to death in games.

Keep in mind that you can wear unmodded adaptive armor for specific RP events in SWTOR just fine. Takes you about 30 seconds to switch outfits is all. So in this vein... by making all the armor adaptive these days... any character at any level can wear them to RP in. I certainly would welcome appearance tabs (multiples, not just one), but I can and do RP just fine with the current system.

Edited by Andryah

I think this whole thing of charging you a fortune to swap mods & augment every time you want to change what you're wearing is INCREDIBLY STUPID!

I don't wear the same suit every single day IRL and I don't understand why BioWare thinks people want to wear the same thing day after day or pay a fortune to change it. Not to mention it being a pain in the rear to swap the mods & go augment it.

BioWare creates all these new armor sets, but people are not going to use them in this current system. If we could use an appearance tab, even if there was a small fee, we might buy lots more sets of gear either from the cartel market or from reputation vendors. But why buy them if it's going to be so costly and so tedious to put them on for anything other than RP?!

I think the current situation with orange and purple gear (and some greens) provides this functionality already. Many MMO's that have cosmetic sets charge when dying / customizing that set, so the result would be no different than what we have have right now.

Important note for those that don't know. The item set bonus is tied to the armoring improvement, so if you get an item that has a set bonus you can move this to a piece that you like the look of better just by pulling and moving the armoring component.

The only thing I dont understand about this process of upgrading, is why I want to upgrade a piece of armor when the new piece I got has better stats, like 325 armor against 150, 45 power against 10, etc etc?

The only thing I dont understand about this process of upgrading, is why I want to upgrade a piece of armor when the new piece I got has better stats, like 325 armor against 150, 45 power against 10, etc etc?

Appearance.

For example:

The Obroan Sage sets look terrible.

But when you transfer the mods to a grey-dyed Relnex set and Rascal's Toothpick your character looks better than everyone else's. :rak_07:

Also you don't have the costs of new augmentation kits, and augment transfer fees. Put them on one set, swap mods as needed, and you're good to go until you get sick of the look or new aug. tier drops.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Ah OK, got it. My guy looks ugly, he looks so ugly that when he was in Taris some flying mob flew over him and covered their eyes with one wing while flying away with the other and laughing their heads off. Edited by Kantaso

Ah OK, got it. My guy looks ugly, he looks so ugly that when he was in Taris some flying mob flew over him and covered their eyes with one wing while flying away with the other and laughing their heads off.

Ahaha! To clarify my last post: If you're on Taris you can put augments on your gear if you want, but they're an unnecessary luxury while leveling. Once you get to 55 they're a normal thing/best practice to include for end game PVP and PVE.

Edited by Joesixxpack