I have to be honest about this event

Nickious

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, no. Because 5k+ deeps on static dummy usually means ~3k deeps in actual fight.

Oh, my freaking Zog. Halinalle, you and I have gone back and forth on some absurd misunderstandings before, but this one really takes the cake.

1. Your dps is low

2. You practice

3. Your dps gets better

What's so hard to understand about this? OF COURSE static dps on the dummy doesn't translate into a real fight. But if you get X dps on the dummy, then you practice, then you get 2X dps on the dummy, your dps IN A REAL FIGHT will also improve.

Isn't rocket science, buddy.

Edited by Khevar

It is, by definition, fun, or they would not do it.

Just because it's better than standing around on Fleet or running Black Hole dailies for the millionth time, doesn't mean it's "fun"...it's simply a new time killing activity that has the potential of a cool reward...but it is NOT "fun" simply because someone is doing it. It kills time. And judging by how few people were doing it on day 2, I would say it's possibly less "fun" than standing on Fleet for most. 11pm central last night, 14 players on Nar Shaada, 1 instance and 4 of us in Mumble doing it together...

EAware...how to do gambling and cause addictions without breaking laws :p

It's true man yesterday a guildmate hit bottom and jumped his character off into an abyss. RIP in Peace [name redacted to respect the bereaved]. Shame housing isn't here yet or I'd be suing on behalf of his estate.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Just because it's better than standing around on Fleet or running Black Hole dailies for the millionth time, doesn't mean it's "fun"...it's simply a new time killing activity that has the potential of a cool reward...but it is NOT "fun" simply because someone is doing it.

Apparently, it is more fun than these people's RL alternative activities, or they wouldn't be on SWTOR doing it.

"Dear, I'm feeling amorous."

"Maybe later, honey, after I win a Rancor from this dang SWTOR slot machine."

Apparently, it is more fun than these people's RL alternative activities, or they wouldn't be on SWTOR doing it.

"Dear, I'm feeling amorous."

"Maybe later, honey, after I win a Rancor from this dang SWTOR slot machine."

Your quote goes to TUX's point .. he is there for the reward not the experience.

Your quote goes to TUX's point .. he is there for the reward not the experience.

It's a slot machine. Getting lucky and winning the reward is what makes slot machines fun, for the people who enjoy them. Same as for any other game of pure chance.

Your way of looking at things is severely flawed, but color me not surprised since you mainly just troll the forums

I said people play a game for fun and according to you that means my thinking is flawed.

:rolleyes:

Between the two of us, one of us has flawed thinking. And it's not me.

Just because it's better than standing around on Fleet or running Black Hole dailies for the millionth time, doesn't mean it's "fun"...it's simply a new time killing activity that has the potential of a cool reward...but it is NOT "fun" simply because someone is doing it. It kills time. And judging by how few people were doing it on day 2, I would say it's possibly less "fun" than standing on Fleet for most. 11pm central last night, 14 players on Nar Shaada, 1 instance and 4 of us in Mumble doing it together...

It's part of a game. If someone is doing something in a game and they say it's for some reason other than fun (or they are getting paid to do it), they are lying to me, lying to themselves or they are mentally disturbed.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I said people play a game for fun and according to you that means my thinking is flawed.

:rolleyes:

Between the two of us, one of us has flawed thinking. And it's not me.

It's part of a game. If someone is doing something in a game and they say it's for some reason other than fun (or they are getting paid to do it), they are lying to me, lying to themselves or they are mentally disturbed.

Because only mentally disturbed people would enjoy a game overall but:

- Do a particular whatever that they don't like with guildies, but everyone else enjoys it so they contribute.

- Do a boring grind or something else that they don't find fun but think they'll enjoy using the gear or reward at the end...

lol don't be ridiculous

Edited by Joesixxpack

- Do a particular whatever that they don't like with guildies, but everyone else enjoys it so they contribute.

- Do a boring grind or something else that they don't find fun but think they'll enjoy using the gear or reward at the end...

lol don't be ridiculous

Oh man you just called me mentally disturbed person (MDP).... shameful, but right, I enjoy the game so call me MDP :D

lol don't be ridiculous

If you are playing a game, you are doing it for one of two reasons: you are getting paid to play or you are having fun, for one reason or another, even if that reason is to please another. There is no other reason to play a game.

LOL. I would tell you not to be ridiculous, but it's too late for that.

If you are playing a game, you are doing it for one of two reasons: you are getting paid to play or you are having fun, for one reason or another, even if that reason is to please another. There is no other reason to play a game.

Yeah man that'd make sense maybe if the prior posts in this discussion weren't still there. Keep tapdancing around though trying to change the context it's amusing.

Yeah man that'd make sense maybe if the prior posts in this discussion weren't still there. Keep tapdancing around though trying to change the context it's amusing.

What's amusing is your inability (whether genuine or feigned for trolling purposes) to understand what I have written. I haven't read every post in this tread. But that is irrelevant. The fact remains no one engages in any voluntary leisure activity (e.g., a game) for any reason other than fun or compensation (in which case I suppose it's not a leisure activity), regardless of what they may say or how they may try to characterize the activity as something other than a voluntary leisure activity.

You can keep being genuinely or willfully ignorant if it helps you cope.

Option 3: you're bored and want something to pass the time.

What's amusing is your inability (whether genuine or feigned for trolling purposes) to understand what I have written.I haven't read every post in this tread. But that is irrelevant. The fact remains no one engages in any voluntary leisure activity (e.g., a game) for any reason other than fun or compensation (in which case I suppose it's not a leisure activity), regardless of what they may say or how they may try to characterize the activity as something other than a voluntary leisure activity.

You can keep being genuinely or willfully ignorant if it helps you cope.

You didn't read what ought to have been read before posting and want to change conversation context around but it's all facts haha ok. We've talked about the problem with making assumptions before, I hope you get it eventually you poor thing.

You didn't read what ought to have been read before posting and want to change conversation context around but it's all facts haha ok. We've talked about the problem with making assumptions before, I hope you get it eventually you poor thing.

You know the only way you can "win" this argument is to simply declare yourself the winner, perhaps while stating you are too coo/busy/important/smart to keep arguing with me.

Option 3: you're bored and want something to pass the time.

Again, if you're not having fun doing it, even if the fun is that last piece of 180 gear your grinding Ultimates for, you would not do it. The fun in this example is the reward, not the activity itself.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Again, if you're not having fun doing it, even if the fun is that last piece of 180 gear your grinding Ultimates for, you would not do it. The fun in this example is the reward, not the activity itself.

Dude I go to my job every day for the reward, it doesn't mean I have fun there.

Nice for you, that going to work is just as much of a choice for you as playing SWTOR is.

If I had that kind of luxury, I'd probably just play SWTOR.

Oh, wait, is it possible you have to work in order to pay for playing SWTOR?

Read:

If you are playing a game, you are doing it for one of two reasons: you are getting paid to play or you are having fun, for one reason or another, even if that reason is to please another. There is no other reason to play a game