2.8 new story mode ops group finder what a joke!

Moonnight

how difficult are the bolstered gear ops? are they doable with a pug? or repair bill & pain?

they doable up to the weekly then everyone becomes a crying baby :(

now no one on the shadowlands server will even que for them will never see 30 ultimate comms :mad:, still to hard for most people still

and to think it was only scum & villainy 16man story :eek:

GF16man would be far more widely useful if we could see present numbers/roles queued. For example, queue GF SnV (1 tank, 2 healers, 8 dps currently in queue)

That would make it easier to organize the remaining 5 spots through fleet advertisements and such, especially if you were willing to fill a non-dps role yourself.

But as it is, its opacity limits its usefulness for trying to "finish off" a group to generate a pop. GF has long needed this but 16m amplifies the need by an order of magnitude.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

I'm sorry, what?

This.

I think they're complaining that they didn't get a quick Operations pop on GF during a Tuesday night when people are downloading a new patch and dealing with post-patch bugs while playing slot machines.

Sounds like the OP didn't really think this through.

You know what really makes them a joke? The tank bolstering is quite silly in how powerful it is. My assassin tank got an extra 7% absorb on top of full 180/186 gear. I can't see why even the worst pugs would need a tank with 57% base absorb (it got up to 75% with procs). There's no reason to bolster someone in NiM-ready optimized gear in a SM environment. Sure, go ahead and ensure that anyone in tank spec has defensive stats equivalent to optimized 158 or even 162 gear, but don't simply add a modifier to every tank regardless of gear level.

You know what really makes them a joke? The tank bolstering is quite silly in how powerful it is. My assassin tank got an extra 7% absorb on top of full 180/186 gear. I can't see why even the worst pugs would need a tank with 57% base absorb (it got up to 75% with procs). There's no reason to bolster someone in NiM-ready optimized gear in a SM environment. Sure, go ahead and ensure that anyone in tank spec has defensive stats equivalent to optimized 158 or even 162 gear, but don't simply add a modifier to every tank regardless of gear level.

I seem to lose 5-7% shield chance/absorb when bolstered...

I was on Shadowlands from 6 to 8 yesterday queued as a healer and never got a pop for scum and villainy. I'm hoping it was just a by product of all the other bugs and I'll have better luck this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, since they added it, I have NEVER on my 3 lvl 55's ever gotten into the ops in group finder, it never comes up and i'm in it all the time while i'm online questing, the only time i'm not is if I need to go afk. but what I have seen is high geared groups grouping up THEN adding themselves to the finder and getting in so it seems that solo players can go "£$! themselves when it comes to ops and the GF, and i'm sick and tired of high geared players calling me a noob and to go join a raiding guild. the GF ops is precisely for people like me and not guilds to fill up the que to make it easy for them.

One fact still remains, if you are a pure DPS class like the sniper or the jedi sentinel, you get nowhere.

Shadowlands. We pug 16 man and split for the GF weekly. Raiders don't queue for 8 man.

There are pugs forming often on imp fleet. I can't speak for pub since I'm not very active there but will say I do see ads for operations every time when I am on pub fleet.

If you do get a pop, it will most likely be inexperienced players queuing on a prayer and don't know the mechanics. Repairs may be high.

As far as ops are concerned, I am inexperienced, I don't know the mechanics etc, I can't learn from watching a video or reading up on a website, I can only learn by doing, this isn't a choice, I have issues and retaining information is hard but i'm far from stupid and a quick learner when it comes to actually doing something but it seems that in the MMO world you are expected to know everything even on the first time doing it, also, you are also expected to be over geared.

On a very rare occasion there are ops with no experience needed because someone is taking the time to explain just b4 a boss fight and the gear is the minimum set by the game makers. I guess this is just a trial fro biowear with the ops, they don't have the money the way blizzard has, their raids in group finder work just fine.

Maybe, in time they will find a way to have multiple ops instead of just the one running but for now it is pointless to do ops if A: Unguilded, b: have the minimum gear needed for the op and C: sitting all day in the GF and never getting an ops join.

And before the trolls start, if I wanted to be in a guild, I would and the game wouldn't have the option to solo content but it does. I would love to be able to all hold hands and skip along gayfully to ops but this is the internet, and not everyone is the same, some thrive in a guild, others can't and to expect everyone to do something just because one person can is just naive and selfish.

was in a 16 man s&v sm was called a noob because i wasn't in 180 gear fully augmented, i had only 28880hp while everyone else was well over 320000hp, i was laughed o look this person thinks their ready to raid they said what :confused:

i am 162 fully augmented is not good enough for sm ops, since when 156 gear or even 146 fully augmented should be good enough. I haven't been in sm ops yet were the ops didn't have to been explained or they want you to be in their chat sever, come on it's sm people can look up fights themselves and they call me a noob :eek:

we got the ops done anyways they kept me and didn't remove me from group, i been told many times in hm fps that i am a great healer. I maybe only 162 geared and not 180 but i makeup for it with experience since i been healing since beta i am a founder and was a tester for the game before it even come out been playing since trust me i know how to sorc heal, i assassin tank on the side, i don't dps because its not a challenge

what id give for nm 55 fps added to group finder :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.