The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Finished Oboran Tank set, Brutalizer next or DPS set?

wizzlestick

I finished my Obroan tank PVP set, and am curious if it seems wasteful to work on a full Obroan DPS set next rather than upgrading the tank set to Brutalizer first?

It seems like the gains are nominal from Obroan ->Brutalizer tank for a person who solo queues non ranked most of the time, or can someone attest that it really is a huge upgrade before I invest so much?

At this point I'm almost thinking to leave my Obroan tank set as it is, then build a PVE tank set as my tier 2 (for the odd times I am not PVPing), and instead now spend all my warzone comms on an Obroan DPS set.

Any thoughts? I always overthink these things but I try to treat my comms like a precious commodity and don't want to waste them since this technically puts me back to square one but seems like a worthwhile investment.

Thanks!

Edited by wizzlestick

With my healer commando, I'll have two obroan sets. I don't play ranked so Obroan is more than fine for regs.

Thing is, I sometimes find it too frustrating healing, when the other team seems to do what they are supposed to do and I get stunned and focused into oblivion in 3 seconds as soon as I am in range. When that happens a few times in a row, I switch to dps. Having a decent set for that is nice.