The Next Legacy Companion

Superman_AZ

So, we've gotten HK, and we've gotten Treek. I wonder, will there be another Legacy associated companion, and if so, what/who and will he/she/it be purchasable in the CM. I rather enjoy Treek, but have no real desire to pursue HK, at least not aggressively. So, I wonder if a new companion is on the horizon with 3.0 and if he/she/it will call in line with how Treek was set up.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we've gotten HK, and we've gotten Treek. I wonder, will there be another Legacy associated companion, and if so, what/who and will he/she/it be purchasable in the CM. I rather enjoy Treek, but have no real desire to pursue HK, at least not aggressively. So, I wonder if a new companion is on the horizon with 3.0 and if he/she/it will call in line with how Treek was set up.

I enjoyed the HK quest so if we get another companion I hope there is a similar challenge to obtain them.

Yeah im in favor of another. Perhaps a Doppelganger? Which would look like your Character that your playing with some difference, like he/she would be a total opposite of you. So if you are totally darkside and mean and evil, it would be totally lightside, and kind and good and always talking you out of doing bad things you want to do, and vice versa.

Oh wait, thats called, a Conscience. Ok scratch that. lol :D

But yes, i am for a new companion.....

Yeah im in favor of another. Perhaps a Doppelganger? Which would look like your Character that your playing with some difference, like he/she would be a total opposite of you. So if you are totally darkside and mean and evil, it would be totally lightside, and kind and good and always talking you out of doing bad things you want to do, and vice versa.

Oh wait, thats called, a Conscience. Ok scratch that. lol :D

But yes, i am for a new companion.....

Or, go the route they went with

Mako, and give you a "clone".

I enjoyed the HK quest so if we get another companion I hope there is a similar challenge to obtain them.

Definitely. I really liked the quest line to get HK-51. It was unique and interesting. Luckily I was able to team up with a bunch of people for the "search for parts" stage, so it didn't take that long.

On top of that, I just really like HK as a companion. Treek's combat barks are really starting to grate on my nerves, whereas HK's still makes me smile. Plus, HK-51 does more damage than another of my Trooper companions (verified by Combat Dummy parsing).

Edited by Khevar

What would be fun (for solo artists, like me) would be a squad unlock that would allow me to choose up to three simultaneous companions, available from the current stable. This squad, only selectable within flashpoints and similar instanced activities designed for group play would allow access to a major portion of the game that's unavailable to me now.

Before anyone romps on me about this being an MMO etc etc, I remind that I have physical disabilities. While I have the tenacity and tactical mind to overcome some pretty gruesome stuff, I'm compelled to move through objectives in a slow and methodical way, which is completely unsuitable for 99.99% of typical SWTOR groups.

Therefore, having the ability to call up and control three companions would be HUGE. For cut scene purposes, I'm also willing to accede to the fact that one of these companions in squad is one traditionally bound to my alt.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this should be a fairly easy implementation; perhaps more so than creating an entirely new companion. Also, it would have the added benefit of providing players a degree of flexibility in grouping, particularly when there is no one else who is willing to do so.

I get that gearing up this many companions just for instances is problematic; therefore, I suggest companions in this squad be auto geared to their level.

With respect to credits or cartel coins, considering the great entrée to gameplay it adds, I'd be willing to pay a hefty fee.

Definitely. I really liked the quest line to get HK-51. It was unique and interesting. Luckily I was able to team up with a bunch of people for the "search for parts" stage, so it didn't take that long.

On top of that, I just really like HK as a companion. Treek's combat barks are really starting to grate on my nerves, whereas HK's still makes me smile. Plus, HK-51 does more damage than another of my Trooper companions (verified by Combat Dummy parsing).

I was one of the "lucky" ones who got their progress for HK deleted last year cause I somehow picked the worst day to dig up the parts the fist time. I was pissed but went right back out and found all the parts again (mostly solo) and ended up having a really good time! More HK type companion quests would be welcome for sure!

What would be fun (for solo artists, like me) would be a squad unlock that would allow me to choose up to three simultaneous companions, available from the current stable. This squad, only selectable within flashpoints and similar instanced activities designed for group play would allow access to a major portion of the game that's unavailable to me now.

I like it. I would totally pay to unlock something like this.

I would say it should be a Gen'Dai pure melee tank. I would suggest the following equipment and abilities.....

The Gen'dai Flame in game

Main Attribute: Strength and/or Aim

Armor Proficiency: Adaptive, Focus, Heavy, Light, Medium, Shield Generator

Weapon Proficiency: Techblade, Techstaff, Vibrosword, Electrostaff

Equipment

He would come with a special techblade that looks like a huge hammer, and two sets of orange adaptive armor, one with a focus, one with a shield generator. He would be available to players as a quest at level 20, thereafter if unlocked at level 20 to all players. The armor comes with level 20 mods installed, one DPS set, one Shield stat set.

This companion would have a quest chain, like HK-51, that would originate on Nar Shadaa.

Abilties

Mountain (Tank Stance) - Instant - Cooldown: 1.5s - Enters Mountain stance, increasing threat generation by 100% and shield chance by 25%.

Ground Shaker (DPS Stance) - Instant - Cooldown: 1.5s - Enters an offensive stance, increasing all damage dealt by 10% and lowering threat generation by 25%. Additionally lowers the cooldown of all attacks by 20%.

Taunt - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 30 m - Taunts the target, forcing it to attack the companion for 6 seconds.

Hammer - Instant - Cooldown: 9s - Range: 4 m - A powerful attack that deals 2000 - 2100 kinetic damage and interrupts the target for 2s.

Destroy - Instant - Cooldown: 12s - Range: 4 m - A powerful attack that deals 5000 - 5200 weapon damage and increases the companion's armor rating by 25% for 20 seconds. This ability generates a high amount of threat.

Smash - Instant - Cooldown: 12s - Range: 4 m - Strikes the target for 600 - 700 weapon damage and up to 2 nearby targets for 600 - 700 weapon damage, stunning all effected targets for 2s.

Earthquake - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 4 m - Knocks down up to 5 targets in an 8-meter radius, dealing 1500 kinetic damage and stunning all effected for 4s. This ability generates a very high amount of threat.

Shockwave - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 100 m - Dashes to the target, stunning the target for 5s.

Doom (AOE Taunt)- Instant - Cooldown: 45s - Range: 15 m - Very strong challenge to all enemies within 15 meters, forcing them to attack the companion for 6 seconds.

Stone - Instant - Cooldown: 120s - Reduces all damage taken by 25% for 30 seconds.

The idea of this companion is that he would be a superior tank without any healing ability but with very strong agro management and shield capabilities, even superior to Khem Val. Almost all of his attacks would cause interrupts and knockdowns. His interrupts and knockdowns would NOT effect players, however. His attacks would be slightly stronger then Khem Val.

He would have a natural resistance to damage, with a defense boost of 15 percent, putting him at 20 percent defense as a baseline.

Of course, one of the draws of this companion, IMO, would be his huge size. He is a very tall NPC in the game, and would be the same as a companion. Certainly an intimidating sight.

Edited by LordArtemis

I would say it should be a Gen'Dai pure melee tank. I would suggest the following equipment and abilities.....

The Gen'dai Flame in game

Main Attribute: Strength and/or Aim

Armor Proficiency: Adaptive, Focus, Heavy, Light, Medium, Shield Generator

Weapon Proficiency: Techblade, Techstaff, Vibrosword, Electrostaff

Equipment

He would come with a special techblade that looks like a huge hammer, and two sets of orange adaptive armor, one with a focus, one with a shield generator. He would be available to players as a quest at level 15, thereafter if unlocked at level 15 to all players. The armor comes with level 15 mods installed, one DPS set, one Shield stat set.

Abilties

Mountain (Tank Stance) - Instant - Cooldown: 1.5s - Enters Mountain stance, increasing threat generation by 100% and shield chance by 25%.

Ground Shaker (DPS Stance) - Instant - Cooldown: 1.5s - Enters an offensive stance, increasing all damage dealt by 10% and lowering threat generation by 25%. Additionally lowers the cooldown of all attacks by 20%.

Taunt - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 30 m - Taunts the target, forcing it to attack the companion for 6 seconds.

Hammer - Instant - Cooldown: 9s - Range: 4 m - A powerful attack that deals 2000 - 2100 kinetic damage and interrupts the target for 2s.

Destroy - Instant - Cooldown: 12s - Range: 4 m - A powerful attack that deals 5000 - 5200 weapon damage and increases the companion's armor rating by 25% for 20 seconds. This ability generates a high amount of threat.

Smash - Instant - Cooldown: 12s - Range: 4 m - Strikes the target for 600 - 700 weapon damage and up to 2 nearby targets for 600 - 700 weapon damage, stunning all effected targets for 2s.

Earthquake - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 4 m - Knocks down up to 5 targets in an 8-meter radius, dealing 1500 kinetic damage and stunning all effected for 4s. This ability generates a very high amount of threat.

Shockwave - Instant - Cooldown: 15s - Range: 100 m - Dashes to the target, stunning the target for 5s.

Doom (AOE Taunt)- Instant - Cooldown: 45s - Range: 15 m - Very strong challenge to all enemies within 15 meters, forcing them to attack the companion for 6 seconds.

Stone - Instant - Cooldown: 120s - Reduces all damage taken by 25% for 30 seconds.

The idea of this companion is that he would be a superior tank without any healing ability but with very strong agro management and shield capabilities, even superior to Khem Val. Almost all of his attacks would cause interrupts and knockdowns. His interrupts and knockdowns would NOT effect players, however. His attacks would be slightly stronger then Khem Val.

He would have a natural resistance to damage, with a defense boost of 15 percent, putting him at 20 percent defense as a baseline.

Of course, one of the draws of this companion, IMO, would be his huge size. He is a very tall NPC in the game, and would be the same as a companion. Certainly an intimidating sight.

I would TOTALLY roll a healer if I could get an outstanding tanking companion to use at level 10.

I would TOTALLY roll a healer if I could get an outstanding tanking companion to use at level 10.

Well, I set it at level 15, to set it apart from Treek, but I can reduce that to level 10.

Actually, I might make it level 20 because I want it to be a companion you quest for on Nar Shadaa.

Yes, this would be a healer companion. I am also going to design a DPS character that is similar to an operative or scoundrel, available at level 30. He would be a Jawa, and would have the ability to use stealth and put enemies to sleep.

Edited by LordArtemis

I could agree with this if they take the compromise of making it an early game / leveling quest line.

I like HK's quest too and I would much rather repeat that quest on each new character instead of paying a fee on each new character to unlock HK in character perks (actually I refuse to pay for unlocks for him so long as they as per character only, all or nothing for me), but this keeps HK as strictly end-game only for me and it bypasses / locks out the quest line (if I'm not mistaken) for those who do pay to unlock him on low level characters.

I also like how the account-wide unlock for Treek makes her accessible to all of my characters at level 10 so I can use her for leveling if I want to, but regardless of whether you're getting her for the first time or the 10th time, it's always just that one introduction cutscene with her in place of any sort of quest line.

But what if we had something similar to Treek's mercenary contract unlockable in collections which could be used to start a quest line spanning levels 15-25 and taking you on a tour through both of your faction's starter planets, your faction's capital, Imp. Balmorra / Rep. Taris, and Nar Shaddaa to obtain the companion at the end of that quest line?

I like the idea of a Legacy Tree Family Member companion.

You can buy 4 Different Versions of the Companion.

Aim Tank/DPS

Cunning DPS/Healer

Strength Tank/DPS

Willpower DPS/Healer

Depending on which class you pick one of your characters will appear randomly as a companion for you to use.

I would love a Male Nautolan Jedi Companion, single sabre, healer. I will settle for him being Togruta. I don;t understand why both the premium companions have to be comic relief ones. I think there is more than enough quirky companions in the game. If I am gonna put down CC to get it, I want it a droolable male alien with a lightsaber! Everything else is readily available in the cast :)

Personally, I'm hoping for a Companion that can fulfill more than one role, displays gear, and is reasonably pleasant to look at and to listen to. A male Force user would be awesome, or maybe a Voss. Though ideally they'd release one of each gender.

But honestly, I am not confident that we will ever see anything remotely like this. I get the impression that Bioware likes going for the novelty and/or nostalgia factor, and also that they are very reluctant to add anything that might be considered romanceable. So we'll probably get a Jawa or a Gungan or some other droid next. >.<

Edited by Gwena