The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which is the best SW movie?

Stalinski

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im sorry i do not know how to do that copy thing where u show who said what earlyer but i had to comment on this.

someone above said II was there faverit because of the charicter development........

lets get this right.. at the end of I we know obi dose not like skywalker, he infact throught the whole movie dose not like the idea of bringing the kid and not following the councils advise of not training the kid. he only takes ani as a padawan because of a promis to his now dead master, he dosent actually want to.

now 7 years later in episode II all of a sudden were thrust with this relationship forced to belive there best friends after a 30 second conversation in an elevater.... ya thats charicter development allright.

also lets look at Anikens relationship with padame.

Its been what 7 years sence they have seen eachother, and all of a sudden he decides he loves her? also during only there 2nd meeting during the movie, in wich the 1st was a small exchanging of words, he has a complete breakdown and cry's whining about his master and tells her from a political point "ppl should be forced to do the right thing"

tell me one girl irl that would feel comfterble with this guy being her bodyguard.

now i dont hate any starwars movies, but i do look at them for what they are.

1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. Star Wars

3. Return of the Jedi

1004. Gonorrhoea

1005. Syphilis

1006. Genital Warts

1007. Rectal Itch

1008. Phantom Menace

1009. Revenge of the Sith

1010. Attack of the Clones

1011. Cancer of Everything

1012. Clone Wars

Edited by ereler

Return of the Jedi for me, you start to see Luke acting a bit like young Anakin, but it was really subtle. I liked watching Luke throw his weight around as a jedi, overconfident and yet still overthrowing crime lords and defeating the empire. Just watching him walk that line between light and dark was a lot of fun.

Return of the Jedi for me.

ROTJ has everything. Jabba's palace is amazing, so many cool aliens, funky music (well, before they remade it), a Rancor etc. Its your only true brush with the underworld of Star Wars. Great fight scenes on the barge, even a rancor! Then, death of yoda is pretty emotional, then triple fight scene for a long time at the end is immense. Its the only time you really see the emporers power, Luke walks the line. It flat out amazing.

As for Empire, the Hoth scene is immense, one of the best fights in all of the movies, but after hoth the movie falls to pieces. Its just boring. Seeing Luke in training is good, but Cloud City is just bad.

So, order of preference for me is:

1. Return of the Jedi

2. A New Hope

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Empire

5. Phantom Menace

6. Attack of the Clones

First of all, the prequels deserve a LOT more credit than their getting. Seriously.

Been a huge Star Wars-fan for about 25 years now, and my love for these movies and the Star Wars-universe just keeps growing stronger; im typing this with my life-size Darth Vader standing next to me.

What can I say..? I LOVE Star Wars.

Anyways, here is my list...

2. Revenge of the Sith

3. Return of the Jedi

4. A New Hope

5. The Phantom Menace

6. Attack of the Clones

Edited by Paperface

First of all, the prequels deserve a LOT more credit than their getting. Seriously.

Damn right! In fact, I'll give you my list:

1. Revenge of the Sith

2. All of the others

I grew up in the 80s and have been a fan since childhood.

I think is funny that everyone bags on the first three movies, not a huge fan myself, but lucas had all 9 stories written when he pitched them. No studio was willing to commit to a 9 part movie series, studio agreed to do at least 3 of them and he decided that the middle three would be the most marketable.

2. Return of the Jedi

3. Star Wars

--------------------------------

4. Droids: The Adventures (animated tv series)

5. Star Wars Holiday Special

--------------------------------

10000000. Phantom Menace and other horse s**t

I think if LucasArts had the technology for episodes 4, 5, and 6 that they had for 1, 2, and 3, we'd be having a different discussion. They actual plot for episodes 2 and 3 (i agree with everyone about phantom) are excellent so I'm not sure why everyone hates them. They set an excellent precedence for the originals.

And for the thread topic, ROTJ!

Empire Strikes Back was amazing. Return of the jedi was second best imo. Sadly it was the only two lucas didn't direct LOL!!!!!

According to Richard Marquand and others, Lucas ended up being on set almost every day, overseeing / helping with the directing and other things. Due to Richard not being used to all the special effects and such.

Yes but i don´t really like the jar jar binks fellow.

Empire strikes back is a very cool movie. It is the darkest of the older ones.

I'm with you there. Empire is the greatest movie ever made, imo.

And Binks kinda sucks. But I do think he is better portrayed in the Clone Wars-series.

And thankfully we don't see much of him in Ep 2 and 3.

Empire!

But i would like to note how creative the Clone Wars episodes are.

And on that topic is anyone else get the feeling that the art style in game is very similar to the Clone Wars.

Proportions on the body are almost exactly the same, pretty much jagged shoulders, thin waist, angular heads