un"fix" Legacy Speeder Trainging

JacksonMo

There was a bug that allowed players to spend cartel coins to unlock speeder training 3 as early as level 1.

It was intended to only be available at 10 (Speeder 1), 25 (speeder 2) and 35 (speeder 3).

These legacy unlocks are only 5 levels sooner than the skill becomes available from the trainer. Why would anyone spend Cartel coins or credits on that? It's USELESS!

Every other mob in the game can knock you off your speeder with speeder training 1. I literally RAN the entire quest chain of Coruscant because it was less trouble than getting knocked on my face by literally every group of mobs I agroed. :mad:

My next alt was Imperial. I didn't bother to spend any CC on that unlock and ran the whole way completing DK at level 13. It would have been 12 but I spent some time on the droids west of the city.

When players spend CC on unlocks, that represents real dollars going to SWTOR above and beyond sub fees.

Legacy speeder training 3 at level 1 was a significant convenience well worth spending 1200 CC for players with the legacy built up they can afford to unlock HK-51 just to get off that starter planet a few levels sooner.

My suggestion is to roll back the bug fix and make speeder training 3 available to people willing and able to pay for it at level 1.

You misunderstand what the issue was that needed to be fixed. It was that people could buy Speeder Training 3 at level 1 WITHOUT purchasing Speeder Training 1 or 2. If you were paying with CC, all you had to do was click on the last one to unlock the whole chain, and you would only be charged for Speeder Training 3.

What they really should do is sell some sort of account wide speeder training unlock.

You misunderstand what the issue was that needed to be fixed. It was that people could buy Speeder Training 3 at level 1 WITHOUT purchasing Speeder Training 1 or 2. If you were paying with CC, all you had to do was click on the last one to unlock the whole chain, and you would only be charged for Speeder Training 3.

What they really should do is sell some sort of account wide speeder training unlock.

No, I know exactly what the bug was, but you forget that you could also do it at level 1. I'd be more than willing to pay for all 3 at once at level 1 on each individual toon. At this point, with 15 alts already, an account wide unlock would be overkill, since the server max is 22, and I'm unlikely to start over on a new server.

• 2 weeks later...

its funny I've done Both Dromund Kaas and Curoscant with My Lhosan Manta and never get knocked off so it's your speeder that is the issue.

FYI some speeders have better resistance to getting knocked off then others.

Edited by Anaesha