The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who should I roll with?

I am pushing my baby PT over to 55 now. She is going to be a tank. What is the 'better' DPS companion to roll with when playing solo these days? [My main(s) have always been DPS and I roll with Treek on them].

I was thinking HK for the longest, but, the 174-rated droid gear from CZ (I have a 450 Cybertech) doesn't really seem to be the equivalent of 162 gear?

So, should I gear up Torian? Or Gault? I don't RP, but my PT is a bit, well, dark-sided. Is Torian going to be all gooey-gooey on me and want me to be the 'good' bounty hunter? Gault seems like the kind of Devorian you want to take with you to Vegas.

While levelling, take gault for the conversations (or Skadge), as they like Dark Sided decisions.

When you're up to dailies, use either Blizz or Treek, as they use your gear you aren't using, down to the weapon, so they make really good DPS/Tanks. A guy did a test with the vanguard equivalents and came up with the following numbers assuming full power/surge artifact gear:

HK51 - ~820 dps

MDPS - ~750 dps

RDPS - ~740 dps

RTank (Tank stance) - ~730 DPS (so DPS stance gets ~765+ dps)

Treek (Tank stance) - ~715 dps

Healer (DPS stance) - ~710 dps

MTank (Tank stance) - ~690 dps (so DPS stance gets ~725+ dps)

Treek (Heals stance) ~650 dps

So with that in mind, top priority is HK51, who is stuck with droid armor and as such is really painful to get into great gear. After that, you're best bet would be Blizz in his DPS stance, and as an added bonus if you need to DPS something, you've got a full set just sitting there on Blizz

Edited by TACeMossie

One thing I completely forgot about - Troopers MDPS is bugged and 3 of his big hitting abilities are willpower-based -_-.

As such, Give MDPS about a 15% damage boost, putting it better than HK51s - but then again, like HK51 you'll have difficulties getting the right equipment for Torian (damn mainhand)