Devs: Seriously? There is nothing that you can do against 8 bombers

So, you came into a several month old thread, decided your opinion was both wanted and needed, and used it to say that you don't care about other opinions. Now you are accusing him of "self validation", which I guess is what internet psychiatrist trolls come up with now? Gimme a break. Your whole post is to point out that people who contribute to the forums have contributions that you, personally, do not value. Who signed up for THAT kind of info?

UNSUBSCRIBE MATUV

Is that what I used it to say, or is that what you took from it, lol! If you aren't posting screenies to impress someone else, who then, are they for? LAWL!

Thanks for weighing in!

+2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And my HLC just teared you to pieces since you are targeting the turret.. Bravo dear free kill.

If a gunship is behind me, guess who's the free kill? You have to leave the cover and fire at me; dont forget I can have HLC too etc.

To end this discussion - what server are you flying on? Let's test it in practice.

If a gunship is behind me, guess who's the free kill? You have to leave the cover and fire at me; dont forget I can have HLC too etc.

To end this discussion - what server are you flying on? Let's test it in practice.

Come to Bastion Sunday. I'll be flying there.

And.. You said you were targeting the turret.. so your HLC are a non issue. And a bomber can tank two full slug if they are correctly build. I can kill a Charged Plating Pike in 3 seconds with my HLC...

Sure, just give me some time to upgrade the ship; dont have any chars on Bastion, playing on EU servers.

Also, it I am targetting the turret it won't stop me from firing at you with lasers;

Consider the fact that you have to go out of your hole (and with bomber speed it will take much more time than locking EMP missile on the turret)... if you come earlier, again you're GS meat. Probably you can tank ion/slug combo but I am pretty sure you won't have enough weapon power to destroy enemy in 3 seconds...

Sure, just give me some time to upgrade the ship; dont have any chars on Bastion, playing on EU servers.

Also, it I am targetting the turret it won't stop me from firing at you with lasers;

Consider the fact that you have to go out of your hole (and with bomber speed it will take much more time than locking EMP missile on the turret)... if you come earlier, again you're GS meat. Probably you can tank ion/slug combo but I am pretty sure you won't have enough weapon power to destroy enemy in 3 seconds...

You forgot one thing. Once you're in range to actually lock on a turret with EMP (7700m at best), I can easily get in range for my HLC (6780m). Between 15% shield piercing and armor pen and your Charged Plating bleedthrough, you take 250 damage to your hull and 430 to your shield every second. Your shield is gone in 6 sec. Your hull, in 5.8 sec.

In a straight up 1vs1, if you're targeting me and using.. Quad.. Against my Support bomber... You would have to burn through 2175 shield and 2000 hull AND 300 more every 6 sec. Quad at 5000m do about 150 more DPS than HLC but suffer a sizeable accuracy penality. The only shield that would actually outlive my own would be a double layered Directionnal Shield. And I didn't count the Repair Drone (mainly because it would have been neutralized by your EMP before your reach my hull). If I was to use Overcharged Shield, I would outlive any Strike shield with about the same DPS as you (EMP being negligeable). If you go with HLC, we have exactly the same DPS while I have more hull and more shield, no matter what you do, I outlive you. LLC wouldn't matter in this situation since this would bring in turret range.

Now. How does this apply in real situation. First, you said you would try to EMP a turret if I was hiding... Which is good.. But this leaves me the first two hits and forces you to break your lock to switch target to me (or fire blindly at me hoping to hit me). This also leave my drone (if I'm on my Support) the time to pick you up. If I'm on my Assault, I would most likely fire at you, than break LoS before you finish your lock and harass you until you die, are forced to turn around to avoid entering turret range, or just stop in plain space and become a slow practice target. I would probably do the same on my Support.

So now. Second and most likely scenario. You have a GS withyou, I'm solo. You win.. But it wasn't your EMP missile that changed anything... It was the GS Ion spam that kept my stuff dead and kept me out of engine/shield/weapon. EMP missile is a non-issue.. The GS Ion is much worse and worth thinking about.

Now let say the situation is reversed and I have any ship on my side while you're trying to lock your EMP... You can't finish your lock without being killed by about anything AND me.

So.. EMP is only useful when you're backed by wingman with a much better anti-bomber weaponry... So basicly, not worth it.

Beside. Considering you hit me with your EMP. Now I have to survive with an EMP debuff.. Nothing some LoS break can't handle.... And you have to fly around the sat.. Sat where turrets will awaken soon if you don't kill them (which will allow me to get in position to open on you). And I can still use my Seeker/Seismic. So the EMP is far from crippling if you don't have already a better anti-bomber ship on your side... Which basicly make your EMP irrelevent.