The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Expected DPS for PT with 180 gear

Angamir

Hi guys

I recently tried myself first time on Operation Dummy.

I mena i run a lot of Hm NiM Operations before so I know I was at least decent, but It is the first time I recordem my score for comparison. Outside of my Guild.

BTW I scored 3313 with powertech DPS - 6/40/0 build ; ] - my gear is full 180 no 186 yet.

So I am wondering how are my scores compared to what is expected from DPS with similar gear.

The scores on Torparse are for ppl with the best gear possible, and I see that most ppl use Pyrotech build on Dummy.

So what do you think about that score - good, ok, can I somehow check the scores of ppl in 180 gear to compare myslef with them ?

Hi guys

I recently tried myself first time on Operation Dummy.

I mena i run a lot of Hm NiM Operations before so I know I was at least decent, but It is the first time I recordem my score for comparison. Outside of my Guild.

BTW I scored 3313 with powertech DPS - 6/40/0 build ; ] - my gear is full 180 no 186 yet.

So I am wondering how are my scores compared to what is expected from DPS with similar gear.

The scores on Torparse are for ppl with the best gear possible, and I see that most ppl use Pyrotech build on Dummy.

So what do you think about that score - good, ok, can I somehow check the scores of ppl in 180 gear to compare myslef with them ?

Ok I saw your thread over on Gen discussion and i'd like to offer some tips.

You're currently going 6/40/0. This isn't the best option. You want 8/36/2 (if you need quick interrupts take 1 from bonus armor and 1 from move speed to speed up your interrupts)

Other than that, hitting ~3300 is almost optimal, and simply swapping to that spec should get you what you need for AP (AP's damage sucks without a second target by design)

Also the peak AP parse (which had a lucky crit rate and stuff) was 3482 dps when dread forged was still top level gear, though it did have 261 crit (optimal rating for dread forged is ~171 and you start losing DPS at about 230 rating)

Edited by TACeMossie

Thx seems legit.

I could probably drop that interrupt cd tallent when doing NiM - since on Draxus u have debuff anyway.

But I think I will keep damage reduction. I can switch of Harmstring in NiM too.

Thx for good advice.

btw my 6/40/0 build is what I use for Daylies/FP etc. in Nim OPS some things are redundant I agree.

And from what I hear best parses on Dummy are made on Pyrotech anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Pyrotech (Powertech)

Power Bracer now increases the damage of periodic elemental damage by 35% in addition to its other effects.

Rapid Venting has been replaced by Critical Venting. Critical Venting increases Critical Hit chance by 1/2 percent, and reduces the cooldown of Vent Heat and Thermal Sensor by 15/30 seconds.

2.8 patch notes

Is that the improvement you talked about ?

just this 2 improvements will skyroket the DPS by 15% ? to 3900 on dummy in 180 gear ?

Pyrotech (Powertech)

Power Bracer now increases the damage of periodic elemental damage by 35% in addition to its other effects.

Rapid Venting has been replaced by Critical Venting. Critical Venting increases Critical Hit chance by 1/2 percent, and reduces the cooldown of Vent Heat and Thermal Sensor by 15/30 seconds.

2.8 patch notes

Is that the improvement you talked about ?

just this 2 improvements will skyroket the DPS by 15% ? to 3900 on dummy in 180 gear ?

Thats exactly the DPS improvement I was mentioning. And yeah, 3900 isn't looking too hard at all, considering the gear I used on the PTS was hitting an average of 3350 live and 3750 on the PTS, and I finally got full 180s and am hitting an average of 3600 dps live

ok thx - I just doubted that jsut those 2 cahnges would change so much the damage dealt

Are there any changes in gearing or rotation tactics after this change ?

Edited by Angamir