The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Suggested AP buff.

MasonMc

If it were to be buffed to deal enough damage more than flame thrower (through the PTF skill) then it would be a choice left up to the player of superior single target damage OR an AoE.

It still makes us completely reliant on channeled attacks for maximum damage output, and AP/Powertech is NOT casting class. In PVP it is too easily negated to truly benefit us.

And before you say it, yes I know you PvE people are more interested in parses and bosses and such.

To which I say, there are other, more practical ways of buffing AP in PVE and PVP, that won't hinder it's mobility or viability in either game mode. In fact, I rather liked your suggestion about implementing something similar to building fury.

It still makes us completely reliant on channeled attacks for maximum damage output, and AP/Powertech is NOT casting class. In PVP it is too easily negated to truly benefit us.

And before you say it, yes I know you PvE people are more interested in parses and bosses and such.

To which I say, there are other, more practical ways of buffing AP in PVE and PVP, that won't hinder it's mobility or viability in either game mode. In fact, I rather liked your suggestion about implementing something similar to building fury.

AP is already based around it's channeled flamethrower, you're just trading one 3sec channel for another. The unload buff wouldn't change the way AP plays at all. My "fury" idea would change it quite a bit (for the better), so it's just a matter of if we want a complete revamp of the spec or not.

I think the Unload buff is actually a really interesting on in terms of single target but (in PvE) I don't think Unload would still beat out Flamethrower. For PvP being 30m and getting the FT buff would make Unload really nice when burning someone down with your burst. Anyways I agree we need a refresh ability on Rocket Punch (not even Immolate though id like it to be dropped to a 9sec cooldown) because its like the bread & butter of the spec. Add that with a prototype cylinder buff, shoulder cannon reduce cooldown, and idk either giving FB a bit more to be less of an almost useless filler or boost to Immolate would make us so much more better

In PVE I do find myself playing catch up to almost all targets that are out of RB range, the run speed buff is barely noticeable compared to SW/JK leap, sorc speed, and jet charge.. If I am a MELEE dps than why is it that when a groups target switches everyone just hops on over to their target across obstacles, different levels of platforms and ramps while I trot along spamming my free shot from a distance until I close in to RB range. If my dps is lacking from say top chart maras at least allow me to stay ontop of the target w a jet charge.. Maybe AP won't get a Crapton of buffs from leaping with JC the way sheild spec does I'm just tired of feeling like private Pyle in a daily 5 mile run all slugging behind (full metal jacket) does anyone else feel this way?

• 1 month later...