General Server help

Kriyan

Hi all!

First post for me, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat topic or under the wrong cateogry. I did do a search and came up empty, hence this post :)

I've played SWTOR on and off and am thinking about getting back into it. I love the story and gameplay and with my job settling down I have more time to play.

So I have some leeway on which server to choose. I'm on the East Coast, so I'd like one of those. I'm not too picky about faction, there are pros and cons for me either way, so whichever I end up with I'll find something to make me happy with it.

So here are my questions:

Which server are you on, and what caused you to decide on that one?

I'm looking for one that's friendly and sociable, do any stand out?

Would the RP server tend to be more talkative/friendly, or is that just an odd prejudice I came up with in a dream?

Mostly I'm trying to get away from WoW, they have the worst user base I've ever encountered. When I game after work, I'm not looking to get yelled at for not doing the right thing in PvP or people who get angsty in flashpoints, and WoW was terrible for that (I get yelled at by customers plenty enough). I never felt comfortable PvPing in WoW. I'm not meaning to judge the game, obviously it's doing well enough to suggest that a lot of people are happy there, but it just wasn't for me.

Thank you very much in advance for any responses! I apologize for the length, I'm a bit of a rambler.

First, I would recommend going on the same server you were on before. Any new characters on that server would get benefits from what you accomplished with other characters on that server through the Legacy system. It does not transfer from server to server unless you transfer your character.

Most of the servers are the same friendliness-wise. RP servers do tend to be slightly friendlier though in my experience. The only differences are:

1. Do you want any Open World PvP outside of a 2 week event every 4 months? If yes, then choose a PvP server. If no, then PvE.
  2. Do you want to ever RP at all? If yes, then choose RP. If not, then don't choose a RP server.
  3. What coast do you want? Choose the coast closest to you (if you do not want a RP-PvP server.)

East Coast has 2 PvE servers: I'm not sure on the difference in the community of either.

I am on Jung-Ma, the only RP-PvP server. I like some Open World PvP in this game and like to do Star Wars RP from time to time. I also like the monthly RP-PvP events we plan: PvP + RP is a unique combination (that tends to break down into a group of PvPers and a group of RPers about 15 minutes into the event.)

Thanks for the response!

I think I will stay on my original server. I worked pretty hard on the legacy so far. I'm not big into PvP beyond warzones so The Shadowlands should work okay for me.

Thanks again!