[BUG]Nameplate bug is worse than ever.

MidichIorian

This has been a problem -and really annoying bug- for the longest time. Whenever someone switches instance the nameplates will be gone. Well, since the patch yesterday the game is seemingly labeling warzones instances so whenever you zone out from a warzone you'll encounter the bug, making it more or less impossible to play unless you log out and in again. I'd take it as far as saying that it's gamebreaking and you need to throw in an emergency fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I get this every time I go into a WZ which makes them virtually unplayable as Ctrl + U twice does not fix it and you can not log to fix it and remain in the WZ. Not knowing your target or next target is quite frustrating. I understand that the cause is unknown but since it has been going on for over 2 weeks now, I am hoping that next weeks patch has a fix in it.

I go into a WZ and there are no nameplates at all, on either team. All I get is a light colored circle around the feet of my target. If you are not on the same level or there is something on the ground, this circle is very difficult to see. Sometimes there will be a circle around their body but not that often. About one out of 50 WZ there is no issue, but all of the others are very difficult to be able to contribute and participate well in. Everything on my PC is up to date and it does not matter what UI I use as it occurs with both default and custom UI's.

Edited by Jediheals

When I get this bug, doing a UI reset with Ctrl+U twice usually fixes it. Occasionally, it does not.

This has never worked with regard to the issue being discussed here, it must've been something else.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still have the issue. I have been a sub since launch. I logged my son's account that started as f2p and now is in preferred status and did not have the issues with his account. This makes me feel better that it isn't my PC but at the same time worse since it affects my long time sub account and not a f2p one....

• 3 weeks later...
We're aware of this issue and have been looking into it. We don't have a fix for it yet, but I'll let everyone know when we do!

Hi Tait ,

Please can we have an update to this bug it has been around for over a year, here are some of the threads I could find about this.

4 of my characters are affected by this in every Warzone they go to. It makes is a totally painful experience to play when you can’t see your target. As I play PvP a lot I just try to avoid those toons, unfortunately it now effects my favourite characters.

I asked around my guild and so many people are effected it is unreal. One of our best pvp players has gone to the Elder Scrolls Online until this is fixed.

30 May 2013

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7452876

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6554500

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6595906

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=742842

I look forward to the update.

• 1 month later...
Its annoying for more than just warzones, it happens randomly to me, everywhere. Not just in instances. Makes working out current and next targets a pain. Click targeting has always been problematic for me, I cannot track that little yellow cursor in the chaos, so I rely on target cycle binds. Those little red arrows have become essential.

I did a brand new clean OS install (Win 8.1), loaded up the latest video drivers (nVidia's, if that bears any relevance) and a completely clean install of SWTOR. This problem continues to persist. it's been here since the launch of the game so far as I am aware.

What puzzles me is how many times I saw dev posts saying they couldn't reproduce the bug. I can't imagine how that's possible when it seemingly exists right from the start. It's nice to see that they at least acknowledge it as a problem now.