A noob question but I can't figure it out on my own

Trickai

Okay when I first started out I would almost always have this nice jedi blue glow around me, now as a sentinel I don't seem to ever have the glow anymore. Is it something I can toggle? Do I know longer have the glow as a sentinel?

:D :D :D :D What are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? :D :D :D :D

All kidding aside, a couple of possibilities:

- the stance you are in changed: JK have several "stances" that enhance certain aspects Soresu for example increases defense and threat generation.

- an ability with a decent duration: maybe your ability rotation changed and an ability you used in the past is no longer as valuable and therefore is unused/less used.

- alignment: you were LS now you dropped to neutral or DS.

Thanks....no I have been increasing my light...I am light 4 now. Yeah it could be the stance or an ability or something I guess. It's not a HUGE deal, I just miss it was all. I will play around with abilities and stuff and see if I can figure it out, never really clued in that it might be an ability or a stance.

Only thing I can think of is the glow your saber creates once your riposte is available. Sentinels do not use this and have no visual clue that it is available.

Guardians do and I think Jedi Knights do as well.

Though this is only possible during combat. If you noticed it out of combat then bad jedi, no drugs in the academy! (but seriously, no idea what it could be then)

yeah it was near constant, even out of combat because I joked to myself that I could never sneak up on anyone. I suppose it could have been a glitch? Although it was only the last couple days I haven't seen it.

But as I said I will take some time later today and go through my forms and abilities and see if there is something that triggers it.

yeah it was near constant, even out of combat because I joked to myself that I could never sneak up on anyone. I suppose it could have been a glitch? Although it was only the last couple days I haven't seen it.

But as I said I will take some time later today and go through my forms and abilities and see if there is something that triggers it.

i think i know what you're referring to; an animated look that as a guardian for instance, mine would have glowing light through the eyes, and a light effect surrounding her, and a similar red effect on the eyes of my jugg. A prerequisite seemed to always be leaping into combat. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how this occurs, I think it is meant to be there, if it is what Im thinking of but not always working or active which would be cool, it seems about 50% of them time its active, and sometimes not. I always thought that since it wasn't play dependent, no one ever looked at it to see if it fully worked or not, and just thought a 'nice effect'.

Sorry Im so lame that I can let you know I think I know what you're talking about, but cant help you.

There's 500 kajillion things that make the Jedi Knight, Sentnel, and Guardian glow blue. One is when Riposte is ready to be used for Knights and Guardians only. another is when a Sentenel has Maximum Centering, or has used Trancendence. Rebuke has a glowing blue fire aura thing. Unremitting has a glowing blue "shield"

tl;dr Many Jedi buffs give a glowing aura.

i think i know what you're referring to; an animated look that as a guardian for instance, mine would have glowing light through the eyes, and a light effect surrounding her

A Form animation, perhaps? Juyo Form on a Marauder gives glowing yellow eyes at full stacks.

I have a Marauder which is the equivalent of the Sent. and when I have 30 stacks of fury I glow red. I believe this is what you are making reference to. If you do not use your fury you keep the glow until the timer on Fury runs out or you use the fury. Don't know what the stacks are called on the Sent.

I have a Marauder which is the equivalent of the Sent. and when I have 30 stacks of fury I glow red. I believe this is what you are making reference to. If you do not use your fury you keep the glow until the timer on Fury runs out or you use the fury. Don't know what the stacks are called on the Sent.

YES! you are right that is exactly what it is. It is a passive ability, centering for Sentinels, and unless you use up the stacks then you will continue to glow, using an attack that refreshes the stack keeps the glow going and I think it takes a minute for a stack to degrade....so between the last kill (you get a stack of centering for a kill) you have a good minute before it will wear off to attack something else and keep the glow going.

I am not sure about the time wearing off of a stack, and am also convinced that the glow can last much longer between fights. But regardless, you are indeed correct that the glow comes from Fury and Centering. Thanks for the answer, it really was driving me nuts.

Okay when I first started out I would almost always have this nice jedi blue glow around me, now as a sentinel I don't seem to ever have the glow anymore. Is it something I can toggle? Do I know longer have the glow as a sentinel?

YES! you are right that is exactly what it is. It is a passive ability, centering for Sentinels, and unless you use up the stacks then you will continue to glow, using an attack that refreshes the stack keeps the glow going and I think it takes a minute for a stack to degrade....so between the last kill (you get a stack of centering for a kill) you have a good minute before it will wear off to attack something else and keep the glow going.

There's a discrepancy here. The OP says you had "The Glow" as a Jedi Knight, but lost it as a Sentinel. Knights don't get centering, so it couldn't have been that prior to picking your AC.

I think I might have just remembered wrong and didn't have it as a knight. I "lost" the glow because I started using an ability that used up the 30 stacks so the glow would leave. Once I stopped using up the 30 stacks I have the glow nearly constantly while actually out fighting.

Only thing I can think of is the glow your saber creates once your riposte is available. Sentinels do not use this and have no visual clue that it is available.

Guardians do and I think Jedi Knights do as well.

Though this is only possible during combat. If you noticed it out of combat then bad jedi, no drugs in the academy! (but seriously, no idea what it could be then)

Yes they do have a visual clue that it is available. Their eyes glow bright white. Fairly certain guardians also glow white when it is available. Even if they are a miraluka (because my sentinel is a miraluka). Pretty sure sentinels get the saber glow too, but not 100% on that cause usually I notice it light up on my bar, but the eyes I am 100% absolutely sure about.