The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CM AC changes

Logod

Let us buy AC changes. It gives players an option other that rerolling and leveling an entire separate toon.

Don't say us, there is no us in this only you. And in my opinion no this should never happen because if you read that big message when you choose your AC it says permanent.

Don't say us, there is no us in this only you. And in my opinion no this should never happen because if you read that big message when you choose your AC it says permanent.

There infact is an us, just because you do not want to doesn't mean no one else does. Options can exist and not be used, my bounty hunter looks the exact same as he did the day I made him in early access, that doesn't mean the appearance changer shouldn't exist. Also I hear the option to change AC is in the works.

There infact is an us, just because you do not want to doesn't mean no one else does. Options can exist and not be used, my bounty hunter looks the exact same as he did the day I made him in early access, that doesn't mean the appearance changer shouldn't exist. Also I hear the option to change AC is in the works.

Well you wrong because as far as I can see there is NO AC change in the works. Also, there in fact is not an us because as I said you do not speak for me or anyone else and you only speak for you. If you want an AC change fine, then advocate it. But do not presume to think everyone wants it nor do I presume everyone does not want it. I am just giving my opinion on the matter and my opinion is that it is a waste of time and defeats the purpose of alts.

Well you wrong because as far as I can see there is NO AC change in the works. Also, there in fact is not an us because as I said you do not speak for me or anyone else and you only speak for you. If you want an AC change fine, then advocate it. But do not presume to think everyone wants it nor do I presume everyone does not want it. I am just giving my opinion on the matter and my opinion is that it is a waste of time and defeats the purpose of alts.

Obviously i was not referring to you and you assume i was saying everyone wants them. The US i was reffering to was everyone that wants them. If you don't want an AC change option stay out or the threads about them. I don't want a "Yoda playable race" so i don't look at all the threads about it.

Obviously i was not referring to you and you assume i was saying everyone wants them. The US i was reffering to was everyone that wants them. If you don't want an AC change option stay out or the threads about them. I don't want a "Yoda playable race" so i don't look at all the threads about it.

the people who don't want AC changes should be in these threads, because the people who do want them and advocating for them seriously don't recognize the can of worms they want opened.

there is a reason an entire AC's toolset isn't unlocked at lvl 10. So you can learn how to use each ability gradually. Where to place skill points in the skill tree gradually, and more importantly, learning what your role in team play is. AC swaps will just create a bunch of people trying to learn how to play a class at the point in the game when they should have already known how to.

This effects everyone's game play across the board, and there are more negative ramifications then the one not so positive result of serving a lazy persons need for instant gratification.

Edited by CaraExas

the people who don't want AC changes should be in these threads, because the people who do want them and advocating for them seriously don't recognize the can of worms they are to get opened.

there is a reason an entire AC's toolset isn't unlocked at lvl 10. So you can learn how to use each ability gradually. Where to place skill points in the skill tree gradually, and more importantly, learning what your role in team play is. AC swaps will just create a bunch of people trying to learn how to play a class at the point in the game when they should have already known how to.

This effects everyone's game play across the board, and there are more negative ramifications then the one not so positive result of serving a lazy persons need for instant gratification.

This. Very eloquently said.

Also I hear the option to change AC is in the works.

All the messages point to the contrary. From everything I have read on this topic (and there are tons of them) there has never been anything stated that this is in the works. It has been stated that it is not something they are considering at this moment.

the people who don't want AC changes should be in these threads, because the people who do want them and advocating for them seriously don't recognize the can of worms they want opened.

So let me tell you a story:

I have a 55 gunslinger that I never play. Leveled him, did some FP's & Ops. Decided I didn't like the cover mechanic & shelved him. He's a crafting Alt right now. I will never play him as a gunslinger. Recently I leveled an operative on Imp side to heal with. I like operative healing & wouldn't mind having a scoundrel on pub side to heal on a bit too, but to be honest, I don't really feel like leveling another smuggler. I already know the class mechanics & have no issue spending credits to re-gear my gunslinger. What exactly would be so mind blowingly awful about me handing bioware $20 to change my gunslinger to a scoundrel?

Heeeeeere we gooooooooooo again.

AC Crusaders have been alerted via alarm klaxons and will arrive shortly to take you into custody.

Hehe, rich coming from the person who started the longest thread on this topic... if not the longest thread :p

Surprised a few more of the regular gang aren't here already ;)

I'd suggest a one shot consumable from the Cartel Market in the region of 1,000 cc that can be traded on the GTN.

If you wanted more limitation to use, maybe it could only be redeemed at the current respect vendors on fleet or the homeworld.

Or.

An unlock attached to Legacy. A reasonably high legacy level (say 35+), possibly the Advanced class (or mirror AC)already unlocked to level 50. And of course a few CC, say 2,000. But this time it's a switch that allows you to switch AC when you are on your ship or at player housing.

So let me tell you a story:

I have a 55 gunslinger that I never play. Leveled him, did some FP's & Ops. Decided I didn't like the cover mechanic & shelved him. He's a crafting Alt right now. I will never play him as a gunslinger. Recently I leveled an operative on Imp side to heal with. I like operative healing & wouldn't mind having a scoundrel on pub side to heal on a bit too, but to be honest, I don't really feel like leveling another smuggler. I already know the class mechanics & have no issue spending credits to re-gear my gunslinger. What exactly would be so mind blowingly awful about me handing bioware $20 to change my gunslinger to a scoundrel?

because it is putting a monetary value on other players time spent leveling alts of different AC's.

because it will create a larger pool of inexperienced players that didnt go through the learning curve of learning to play an AC.

because its basically someone with a 20 dollar bill saying "lets lower the bar on the player bases skill over all"

because it doesn't just effect you. it effects everyone in an overall negative way.

because it is putting a monetary value on other players time spent leveling alts of different AC's.

I'm sorry, but of all the arguments that can be made to keep this from being implemented, that is by far the most absurd. You are telling me that you bought an ice cream cone after standing for forever in a long line at the ice cream store. You precede to sit down on a nice bench outside of the store to enjoy your ice cream cone. I happen by & notice that there is no line to be served at the same ice cream store. I walk up get my ice cream cone & sit down next to you on the bench to begin eating it. You are now telling me that your ice cream that you waited, for what seems like forever, in line for is now less valuable to you because there was no line when I bought mine?

because it will create a larger pool of inexperienced players that didnt go through the learning curve of learning to play an AC. because its basically someone with a 20 dollar bill saying "lets lower the bar on the player bases skill over all" because it doesn't just effect you. it effects everyone in an overall negative way.

While I don't entirely agree with this, I hear where you are coming from. More players wearing 1/3 tank 1/3 healin & 1/3 dps gear in my Ops running around standing in all the pretty circles. I agree, that does not sound like a good time.

However, check out that wookie right above you. What if it was gated by a high legacy level or that you have to level the mirror AC before you can change to it with an existing toon. I would be perfectly fine with those stipulations & it seems like it would take care of the "clueless player" issue.

I keep seeing you complaining about people not knowing how to play their class being an issue. With that logic they need to go a step further and remove respeccing. Also I must have the worst luck with GF ever or you don't realize there are already many MANY people who don't know how to play their class/spec. All across the board healers DPSing and people dying from it, DPS breaking CC, tanks tanking in DPS stance. The list goes on and on, bad players are bad players. It won't be any more or less of an issue than it already is.