Question on Assassin and Shadow's deflection skill.

Tonev

I'm curious about this skills description as it says that it raises ranged and melee defenses by 50%, now in PvP, how is this useful, being that it does not help against ranged tech or force attacks (Useless against, Snipers, Scoundrel, Sorcs,Sages, BH, troopers, and hell every othere class)?.

Also, would I have to stack defenses in order to be effective?

This is my first Sin class as I have leveled over 50 a Sentinel, Jug, Sage, Vanguard, Merc, Sniper and just trying to figure out how this is suppose to work in PvP exactly, since it doesn't seem to be apparently working against these classes in PvP for me, "I get hit by everything when I pop this".

Help a Sin be all that he can be:jawa_confused:

Edited by Tonev

Its effective against all white damage. Almost every attack a marksmen sniper uses is white damage. Mercs unload/rail shot is also white damage. Unless you are a tank you shouldn't have any defense on your gear. You are correct in saying that it doesn't work against sorcs/operatives, but there is another handy ability called force shroud that will make you immune to them for 3 seconds as a dps and 5 seconds as a tank.