Question about set bonus

EpickFaill

After getting my tank to full 180 rating gear i though it could do if i'd check what is with this "set bonus",as i heard of it recently,from what i get(will give example for my case)if i have 2 pieces of war leader gear i get a specific bonus and when 4 another bonus+the one from the one that gives me at the 2 pieces,so,i bought 2 pieces of classic war leader gear(gloves,boots)and my question is,is there any way to get the set bonus even if i have other armor instead of the pieces that give me the set bonus?

the set pieces bonus is tied to the armoring, you can put those in any piece of gear and still get the bonus. You would want the bonus most associated with your char. Tanks would not want the DPS bonus nor the healing bonus.

Set pieces are found on the Head, chest, gloves, pants, and boots so only need 4 of 5 pieces to complete the full set.

Well as you hopefully know, there are up to 4 different parts to a piece of moddable gear. From top to bottom : Armoring, mod, enhancement and augment.

The set bonus is tied to the armoring, which is also restricted to the slot it came from (chest, hands, etc...)

So yes, you can get the set bonus while wearing your better gear, except for that one armoring on 4 out of 5 relevant items.

With that said, I don't think it's wise to use the "classic" set bonuses as that will lower your armor rating and stats by quite a bit. You can get the arkanian gear from story mode operations, it comes with a set bonus as well, and the armorings aren't as inferior to the 180s as the classic ones.

the set pieces bonus is tied to the armoring, you can put those in any piece of gear and still get the bonus. You would want the bonus most associated with your char. Tanks would not want the DPS bonus nor the healing bonus.

Set pieces are found on the Head, chest, gloves, pants, and boots so only need 4 of 5 pieces to complete the full set.

so,if i get right,if i put the armoring in a piece of gear then change it i still get the set bonus?

so,if i get right,if i put the armoring in a piece of gear then change it i still get the set bonus?

not sure what you mean by "change it"

here is the best example. you are currently wearing the entire dread forged armor set. You feel you would look better in a set of gear from the CM. You pull all the armorings out of the Dread forged and put them into corresponding pieces of the new armor and equip it, you'll get the set bonus on the new piece and no longer on the Dread Forged piece.

make sense?