Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP'ers get the shaft when it come to money making options!

Malckiah

Again twisting words..../sigh ....look at what I actually said fruit loop! I said I have in the past made titles logical and kind, then I went on to make it clear that as of late I have purposefully made the titles more grabbing like this one to keep thread going.

A: don't call me fruit loop, that's insulting.

B: You claimed (just like you are right now in the quote above me) that you had in the past made titles logical and kind. I brought up titles from the past (even your very first one from 2011) that were definately not logical and kind.

So how am I twisting your words? You claim something, I disprove it and somehow I'm twisting words?

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave an example and made it clear that's is all it was....an example. Sure I don't care how they increase the money so long as they do. Thanks for participating!

Oh great, you are even being snarky and dismissive of the few people actually supporting you and giving good suggestions...

You have to be a troll.... show me where I said that credit sinks are not needed and I will show you how you like to twist words! And if I was able to make even close to 800k a day in pvp I wouldn't have made this thread... trust me you can't do it.

So you agree then? If we're to make PvP and PvE dailies exactly the same, then they should have the same limitations, up to and including no completion for a loss? In other words, you must win all the matches in your daily to get paid for it. This is how it works in PvE dailies, if you don't finish it, you don't get paid. This will make both schools of thought here equal, in that failure will no longer be rewarded in PvP.

That's some nice BS mathematics there...

Firstly, people seem to gloss over the money you get for just doing a WZ.

That's easily more than you get from the credit box.

Say at least 2000 creds per match. that's 10k per hour then.

Add to that 120 unranked coms per match, that's 600 per hour. Which translates into 12 boxes, so that's (12x1500) 18k more.

So far we are at around 28k per hour, so it's 35 hours to get 1 million.

Add to that the dailies (2 I believe?) that give you 300 unranked, that's 6 boxes (6x1500) worth 9k and 20k more in credits.

Then we have the Weeklies giving you 900 unranked, thus another 18 boxes giving (18x1500) 27k plus 20k more in credits.

Say you play 6 hours per day (as the OP seems to have alot of time on his hands).

That means you'll complete your dailies with ease, giving you 197k per day.

So far that means playing 5 days for that 1 million credits.

But let's add the weekly in there for kicks.

Then you are down to playing for 4.8 days.

So it's really not that hard to make a million just doing PvP it seems. You'll make around 1.426.000 credits per week if you play 6 hours per day as the OP seems to do (again, he claims to be able to do all the dailies every day AND run ops several times per week AND PvP on top of that. Easily a 6 hours per day play regiment).

Now, compare that to me playing the storyline from lvl 1-50 for example. Or someone playing GSF for 6 hours per day. Or someone playing Ops 6 hours per day (but take into account the time it takes to organize too).

It's not gonna look so bad then.

Ps. Using CyberneticDucks numbers here, so don't blame me if you think they are wrong.

No, what the OP wants is to make the same amount of money in the same time as Dailies, but without doing the dailies.

Most of his arguments have involved comparing the time spent vs the money gained to Dailies.

Dailies is not something that PvE players relish. It is not something we wake up in the morning going "oooh, I'm looking forward to doint this". It is not what most call "fun".

The OP wants to do what he thinks is fun and make the same money off it as others make doing chores. Why? Because he thinks that "anything non-PvP is automatically PvE" and thus thinks that all PvE players like doing Dailies.

LOL....you guys are doin all the work for me! According to your flawed figures I can make 1.426.000 credits per week doing pvp! WOW....thanks for proving my point yet again! Because I showed how you can easily make 8.5 mil a week doing just pve dailies....see the huge difference in money there??... Hence the reason I made this thread! THANKS AGAIN!!! :eek:

The Title says it all. I can pvp all day every day for a week and use all my commendations to buy the credit boxes and do everything possible to make money through pvp that compares to what I can easily make doing pve content and I come up with nothing in comparison.

Here are a few key points to consider:

1. This is a game. A game should be fun for the player and each person should be able to play the way they like without having to resort to "the grind"

2. PvE money making opportunities- Just a couple of examples: Mass Manipulation Generators drop in Ops. They sell for around 750K each!!! Isotope-5 can be bought exclusively with basic comms. They sell for around 100k each! This kind of money can add up really fast! This doesn't even include the money you can make doin dailies.... If I do every daily I make easy 1 million credits!

3. PvP has nothing like what I mentioned above. Sure pvp can make money, but we are talking about the difference between a hyrotti scrapper (crappy mount) and 5 Bantha Mounts and a Walker!

4. Why do I a pvp'er want to make money? Um it should be obvious, but I want things. I want to be able to get the new mounts and adaptable gear that comes out. I want to have a guild and be able to afford a few guild bank tabs and maybe a guild ship. PvP'ers should be able to get the things we want without having to go grind out content that is not suiting for us..... and this makes no sense considering that on many servers the pvp queue's are very slow- perhaps because we have to leave pvp to go make many doing something else!

I am not suggesting anything negative toward the pve'ers. All I am asking is that Bioware would add a PERMANENT way for pvp'ers to make bigger money as do our counterparts.

sounds to me like a l2p issue

im content with being broke because i know i can make 20mill in a week if i forced myself to, a brutalizer geared pvper can easily run the gauntlet of dailies even oricon/cz

so stop making excuses and run them dailies

LOL....you guys are doin all the work for me! According to your flawed figures I can make 1.426.000 credits per week doing pvp! WOW....thanks for proving my point yet again! Because I showed how you can easily make 8.5 mil a week doing just pve dailies....see the huge difference in money there??... Hence the reason I made this thread! THANKS AGAIN!!! :eek:

Only thing you've proven is your unwillingness to listen to the obvious.

A: don't call me fruit loop, that's insulting.

B: You claimed (just like you are right now in the quote above me) that you had in the past made titles logical and kind. I brought up titles from the past (even your very first one from 2011) that were definately not logical and kind.

So how am I twisting your words? You claim something, I disprove it and somehow I'm twisting words?

It is twisting my words indeed! You cannot say that non of my past titles were logical and kind. Heck I have one going right now called "Companion expansion".... how is that not logical and kind.... or does the word companion freak you out?... or is it the word expansion? Like I said you will see what you want. Keep twisting pal!

It is twisting my words indeed! You cannot say that non of my past titles were logical and kind. Heck I have one going right now called "Companion expansion".... how is that not logical and kind.... or does the word companion freak you out?... or is it the word expansion? Like I said you will see what you want. Keep twisting pal!

Please just stop.

I never said NONE of your past titles were logical and kind.

But you said that "I have started countless threads that had logical and kind titles and the majority of them get no notice and die quickly. To be frank, I choose my titles wisely to be this way so that they actually get moving and stay alive." which implies that you used to post "logical and kind" titles but recently changed to keep your threads "alive"... and I proved you wrong.

Since you seem to have problems reading peoples posts, I'll type this in caps (sorry to everyone else).

DOING DAILIES IS NOT SOMETHING THAT PVE PLAYERS LIKE TO DO.

IF I PLAY THE GAME THE WAY I LIKE PLAYING IT I WILL ONLY MAKE AROUND 600K IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS.

IF I PLAY THE GAME DOING ONLY GSF, I WON'T MAKE 8.5 MILLION IN A WEEK.

IF I PLAY THE GAME DOING ONLY OPS, I WON'T MAKE 8.5 MILLION IN A WEEK.

STOP TRYING TO SAY THAT ANYTHING THAT ISN'T PVP IS AUTOMATICALLY SOMETHING THAT PVE PLAYERS LIKE TO DO.

WE DO NOT LIKE DOING DAILIES. IT IS NOT OUR MAIN ENJOYMENT IN THIS GAME.

PEOPLE (BOTH PVE AND PVP) DO DAILIES AS A CHORE. AS A GRIND. AS WORK.

WE (BOTH PVE AND PVP) DO IT TO MAKE MONEY, NOT BECAUSE IT IS FUN (BECAUSE IT ISN'T).

SO STOP TRYING TO SAY THAT WE ARE BECOMING BILLIONAIRES BY JUST DOING WHAT WE THINK IS FUN.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

i never said none of your past titles were logical and kind.

But you said that "i have started countless threads that had logical and kind titles and the majority of them get no notice and die quickly. To be frank, i choose my titles wisely to be this way so that they actually get moving and stay alive." which implies that you used to post "logical and kind" titles but recently changed to keep your threads "alive"... And i proved you wrong.

Since you seem to have problems reading peoples posts, i'll type this in caps (sorry to everyone else).

Doing dailies is not something that pve players like to do.

If i play the game the way i like playing it i will only make around 600k in a couple of months.

If i play the game doing only gsf, i won't make 8.5 million in a week.

If i play the game doing only ops, i won't make 8.5 million in a week.

Stop trying to say that anything that isn't pvp is automatically something that pve players like to do.

We do not like doing dailies. It is not our main enjoyment in this game.

People (both pve and pvp) do dailies as a chore. As a grind. As work.

We (both pve and pvp) do it to make money, not because it is fun (because it isn't).

So stop trying to say that we are becoming billionaires by just doing what we think is fun.

qft :)

Oh well Its nice that reposted what he said....I put that troll on ignore a while ago and therefore do not see his posts now....lol. You can qft whatever you want but unfortunately the king of twisting words that he is has neglected bringing forth constructive posts to the thread and is only interested in causing trouble.

To prove my point...Attacking me as a person, which is what he continues to do, has nothing to do with discussing the thread topic.

Edited by Malckiah

This is always funny to read, even though it comes up every 30 seconds.

Unless you are on some special server that the rest of us do not have access too then you will not be getting instapops and as a result can wait for your pops somewhere like belsavis, blackhole etc and pick up creds running the daily missions there. Any pvp gear is grossy overpowered for those lvl 50 areas.

That said, this is pretty much just another cry for free stuff from someone who doesnt want to have to do anything.

Ok, OP, here is a suggestion. STOP! Stop replying with the rude, snide, snarky comments. Stop insulting people when they disagree with you. Just stop replying altogether and let the thread die. Stop making new threads for a while. You are making yourself look worse and worse.

Oh well Its nice that reposted what he said....I put that troll on ignore a while ago and therefore do not see his posts now....lol. You can qft whatever you want but unfortunately the king of twisting words that he is has neglected bringing forth constructive posts to the thread and is only interested in causing trouble.

To prove my point...Attacking me as a person, which is what he continues to do, has nothing to do with discussing the thread topic.

So you ignore everyone who disagrees with you?

Tragic.

This is always funny to read, even though it comes up every 30 seconds.

Unless you are on some special server that the rest of us do not have access too then you will not be getting instapops and as a result can wait for your pops somewhere like belsavis, blackhole etc and pick up creds running the daily missions there. Any pvp gear is grossy overpowered for those lvl 50 areas.

That said, this is pretty much just another cry for free stuff from someone who doesnt want to have to do anything.

You guys are still missing a point. Let me say it like this: As someone said previously ....time turns into money in this game. So as I am pvp'ing I would like to have the ability to make near equal money to what I can make doing pve. What is you people's problem with that? Sure I can pve and use the gtn and craft, but why should I be gimped in the pocketbook everytime I decide to play pvp? It only hurts the pvp queue even more when people have to leave it to do pve dailies.

You guys are still missing a point. Let me say it like this: As someone said previously ....time turns into money in this game. So as I am pvp'ing I would like to have the ability to make near equal money to what I can make doing pve. What is you people's problem with that? Sure I can pve and use the gtn and craft, but why should I be gimped in the pocketbook everytime I decide to play pvp? It only hurts the pvp queue even more when people have to leave it to do pve dailies.

And time and time again we told you that could make money by crafting while you PvP but still you don't listen.

And my message to you is simply YOU STOP! STOP POSTING IN THE DAMN THREAD IF ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING! STOP POSTING IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY! STOP POSTING IF YOU WANT THE THREAD TO DIE!

I gave you an idea a few pages back and you gave me a snarky response. Now you are just being rude aafter I suggested you stop and let this thread die. It is clear to everyone that it is not accomplishing the goal you set out. The more you defend yourself the worse you look. The attitude you take in each reply only hurts you. You would be much better off asking the mods to delete the thread entirely. Why keep up the fight when it is clear you are losing? It makes no sense.

In the future, use a nicer title and post this as a SUGESTION in the Suggestion Box forum. The devs might actually read it there.Make sure you have an actual idea, though. Don't just demand they make pvp more profitable. Ask them. Suggest it. Be nice and they mnay just take it under consideration. This thread they will avoid like the plague.

I gave you an idea a few pages back and you gave me a snarky response. Now you are just being rude aafter I suggested you stop and let this thread die. It is clear to everyone that it is not accomplishing the goal you set out. The more you defend yourself the worse you look. The attitude you take in each reply only hurts you. You would be much better off asking the mods to delete the thread entirely. Why keep up the fight when it is clear you are losing? It makes no sense.

In the future, use a nicer title and post this as a SUGESTION in the Suggestion Box forum. The devs might actually read it there.Make sure you have an actual idea, though. Don't just demand they make pvp more profitable. Ask them. Suggest it. Be nice and they mnay just take it under consideration. This thread they will avoid like the plague.

Malckiah

Yesterday , 08:30 PM | #204

Edit Report Post Quote

Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post

Pvp'ers do not need anything like isotope5 to sell. Easiest thing to ask for is a 25-30% increase in credit payout for all forms of pvp content. This includes warzone payouts, credit boxes and daily/weekly quests. Add in a discount on credit boxes and you can earn more money in the same amount of time. A simpler idea than what you want.

My answer to you was: I gave an example and made it clear that's is all it was....an example. Sure I don't care how they increase the money so long as they do. Thanks for participating!

How was my answer in any way "snarky?" I even said thanks for participating! The problem here is not the typer, but the interpretor!

And my message to you is simply YOU STOP! STOP POSTING IN THE DAMN THREAD IF ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING! STOP POSTING IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY! STOP POSTING IF YOU WANT THE THREAD TO DIE!

So, are we in agreement that the only way to make sure that PvE and PvP are treated the same is that PvP requires you to win the matches to qualify for your dailies and weeklies, assuming the mission rewards are similar? Again, PvE doesn't reward for failure to complete missions, so why should PvP reward failure? Since the monetary gain would then be the same, I believe it's only fair that you start paying repair costs as well. This assures all involved that PvP and PvE are being treated the same across the board. After all, as it stands right now, the balance is tipped to PvP; you get rewarded for failure, and don't have to pay to fix your gear after you fail to complete the content. So, yes? No? If no, why not? This proposal gives you everything you wanted except a unique crafting item to sell on the GTN or by spamming /Trade.

it may come as a surprise to you but this is not a pvp-centric game. For that type of experience you'd be better off playing a game by NcSoft.

I would be all for more credit gain in pvp if you also get repair costs from dying. Seriously, if you want to limit yourself to a small part of the game, it's you who sets the limits, not BW.

it may come as a surprise to you but this is not a pvp-centric game. For that type of experience you'd be better off playing a game by NcSoft.

I would be all for more credit gain in pvp if you also get repair costs from dying. Seriously, if you want to limit yourself to a small part of the game, it's you who sets the limits, not BW.

I play this game and it is the game I want to play. In these forums you will find tons of people posting desires of changes they would like implemented in the game. So is your answer to all of them ...."you'd be better off playing a game by NcSoft"?? I mean really. I posted a thread asking for a possible change... it's my way of bringing something to the table in hopes to be heard an perhaps see an improvement in the game. If they don't change it I will still play the game and go on.

As far as your final response about adding repair cost.... There is a reason that pvp has no repair cost.... because in pvp you are going to die....and lots of times. Heck some people die 15 times in just 15 minutes. This is not the norm in pve. Infact I never die when doing pve dailies....do you? Why not increase the opportunity to make money as I have asked to be equal or close to that of what you can make in pve....after repair costs. Every time I have brought forth monetary figures on how much you can make in pve I always pre subtract repair costs. But adding repair bill to pvp would not even make sense... there is already a queue pop issue.

And I do not want to limit myself only to pvp.... I want to have the opportunity to make around equal money doing pvp while I am pvp'ing that I would doing other content.

Dude it is YOU who isn't being nice. Every time someone disagrees with you, you say they wrong or must be a troll. It is YOU who has the problem and it is YOU who is not contributing.

So, are we in agreement that the only way to make sure that PvE and PvP are treated the same is that PvP requires you to win the matches to qualify for your dailies and weeklies, assuming the mission rewards are similar? Again, PvE doesn't reward for failure to complete missions, so why should PvP reward failure? Since the monetary gain would then be the same, I believe it's only fair that you start paying repair costs as well. This assures all involved that PvP and PvE are being treated the same across the board. After all, as it stands right now, the balance is tipped to PvP; you get rewarded for failure, and don't have to pay to fix your gear after you fail to complete the content. So, yes? No? If no, why not? This proposal gives you everything you wanted except a unique crafting item to sell on the GTN or by spamming /Trade.

It's like he's ignoring you or something.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.