Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

PvP'ers get the shaft when it come to money making options!

Malckiah

Pvp'ers do not need anything like isotope5 to sell. Easiest thing to ask for is a 25-30% increase in credit payout for all forms of pvp content. This includes warzone payouts, credit boxes and daily/weekly quests. Add in a discount on credit boxes and you can earn more money in the same amount of time. A simpler idea than what you want.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pvp'ers do not need anything like isotope5 to sell. Easiest thing to ask for is a 25-30% increase in credit payout for all forms of pvp content. This includes warzone payouts, credit boxes and daily/weekly quests. Add in a discount on credit boxes and you can earn more money in the same amount of time. A simpler idea than what you want.

I gave an example and made it clear that's is all it was....an example. Sure I don't care how they increase the money so long as they do. Thanks for participating!

Edited by Malckiah

Ok, here is an example. I can go to cz-198 and in 15 minutes earn 65-75k easy. In pvp to make that it takes like 2 hours. If I need or want money (which everyone does) why should I make that much less when I am pvp'ing. This only hurts an already hurting pvp queue.

And as far as things fluctuating and not being permanent....Bioware makes the recipes and can easily control how much something will cost by supply and demand. Isotope 5's have been selling for 100k each forever now. They can implement something like this for pvp'ers and it wouldn't hurt anyone.

as long as you pay for repairs and can only do those wz's 1 time a day that should be fine.

Ok, here is an example. I can go to cz-198 and in 15 minutes earn 65-75k easy. In pvp to make that it takes like 2 hours. If I need or want money (which everyone does) why should I make that much less when I am pvp'ing. This only hurts an already hurting pvp queue.

And as far as things fluctuating and not being permanent....Bioware makes the recipes and can easily control how much something will cost by supply and demand. Isotope 5's have been selling for 100k each forever now. They can implement something like this for pvp'ers and it wouldn't hurt anyone.

Don't show me examples, with numbers I already know. I can tell you precisely what I make in my tours of each planet, because this is what I do, when I play, run the darn dailies and craft. I'm a pve-er.

I know pvp used to get some money for each game played, which is also about 15min if memory serves, but that was along time ago...I haven't pvp'd in nearly a year and half, possibly longer, so I don't remember the amounts you make.

Why don't you tell me how much you make in a round of huttball? If it's less I don't see a problem with making the pay out comparable to a daily run of the equal amount of time spent doing the activity, but I don't see the need to give pvpers more things to sell or do. Enough resources get allocated for pvp stuff, making more, changing/creating new arenas, class balancing issues and the like.

Thing is, I don't see why pvpers can't do the crafting and dailies like anyone else does.

And as for being finished with this thread, if ya'll meant me...that was the other thread, I was done with. :)

Edit: If the pay out per pvp game goes up to match pve dailies for the same amount of time played, then there should be a limited number of times, you can pvp per day, just as there is per dailies.

Edited by Lunafox

as long as you pay for repairs and can only do those wz's 1 time a day that should be fine.

lol....the example I gave that you are answering to was pve dailies. There are enough of those to last all day long. And the repair bill for doing dailies is near nothing. Try again.

lol....the example I gave that you are answering to was pve dailies. There are enough of those to last all day long. And the repair bill for doing dailies is near nothing. Try again.

the repair bill for a death is exactly the same as in an op. make pvp deaths the same and as long as you dont die you are ok. allow pve dailies to que and remove the travel

the repair bill for a death is exactly the same as in an op. make pvp deaths the same and as long as you dont die you are ok. allow pve dailies to que and remove the travel

Oh please...if you are in gear that costs that much to repair and you are dying while doing pve dailies then your problem is far beyond anything on these forums. I mean really.

Oh please...if you are in gear that costs that much to repair and you are dying while doing pve dailies then your problem is far beyond anything on these forums. I mean really.

then why do you have a problem with pvpers paying the same if it is so insignificant?

then why do you have a problem with pvpers paying the same if it is so insignificant?

#1. that has nothing to do with the thread topic here. You are adding in a pile of pooh that isn't needed. And in pvp you die sometimes 10 times in a span of 15 minutes. I can do pve dailies and not die even once.

Edited by Malckiah

#1. that has nothing to do with the thread topic here. You are adding in a pile of pooh that isn't needed. And in pvp you die sometimes 10 times in a span of 15 minutes. I can do pve dailies and not die even once.

Credit sinks are needed, to keep credits from becoming worthless in game. I have seen first hand, and even posted a screenshot in one of your threads to show exactly what happens to ingame currency w/out sinks. Again, you feel they aren't needed because they'll interfere with the free credits you're trying to get. You're not looking for help, you're looking for a handout.

Credit sinks are needed, to keep credits from becoming worthless in game. I have seen first hand, and even posted a screenshot in one of your threads to show exactly what happens to ingame currency w/out sinks. Again, you feel they aren't needed because they'll interfere with the free credits you're trying to get. You're not looking for help, you're looking for a handout.

Are you reading this thread at all? You are out in left field. What I have been asking for this entire thread in no way takes away any credit sinks. And you are putting words in my mouth.... I never said I didn't feel credit sinks were not needed.... I know that they are needed. But the funny thing is.... that has nothing to do with this thread at all! I am also not looking for a handout....I have clearly been asking for a way to earn my money through the method of pvp.

Are you reading this thread at all? You are out in left field. What I have been asking for this entire thread in no way takes away any credit sinks. And you are putting words in my mouth.... I never said I didn't feel credit sinks were not needed.... I know that they are needed. But the funny thing is.... that has nothing to do with this thread at all! I am also not looking for a handout....I have clearly been asking for a way to earn my money through the method of pvp.

Your Bike must be worn out from all the backpedaling you do.

Perhaps, as with Majority, "pile of pooh that isn't needed" means something different where you're from? Since I quoted you and replied based on your reply to somebody insisting that sinks were needed. What you're looking for is a handout. Seriously, if they make PvP dailies and weeklies pay out exactly like PvE dailies and weeklies do, then even a 200k sink for repairs shouldn't be a big deal, right? I mean, according to your numbers, you can make a million credits a day from dailies alone. So instead of 1 million, you make 800k a day, what's the rub? I have never hit 200k in repairs, no matter how badly an op/FP went, so you should be just fine, right?

But I had a better idea anyway: Make the PvP dailies exactly like the PvE dailies, to make things equal; if you lose, you don't get paid. Losing means you don't complete the daily, for whatever reason. I've had to step away from the game w/out completing a daily due to having to run to the store, and then to the GF's house, and then to my brother's house, and by the time I was done, I came home, said screw it and went to bed. Guess what, that daily didn't get finished, and I didn't get paid. Note: that's across the board you don't get paid, no comms, no credits, no medpacs, nothing. Failure isn't rewarded in PvE, so it shouldn't be rewarded in PvP. This will mean both schools of thought are being treated equally, right?

Perhaps, as with Majority, "pile of pooh that isn't needed" means something different where you're from? Since I quoted you and replied based on your reply to somebody insisting that sinks were needed. What you're looking for is a handout. Seriously, if they make PvP dailies and weeklies pay out exactly like PvE dailies and weeklies do, then even a 200k sink for repairs shouldn't be a big deal, right? I mean, according to your numbers, you can make a million credits a day from dailies alone. So instead of 1 million, you make 800k a day, what's the rub? I have never hit 200k in repairs, no matter how badly an op/FP went, so you should be just fine, right?

But I had a better idea anyway: Make the PvP dailies exactly like the PvE dailies, to make things equal; if you lose, you don't get paid. Losing means you don't complete the daily, for whatever reason. I've had to step away from the game w/out completing a daily due to having to run to the store, and then to the GF's house, and then to my brother's house, and by the time I was done, I came home, said screw it and went to bed. Guess what, that daily didn't get finished, and I didn't get paid. Note: that's across the board you don't get paid, no comms, no credits, no medpacs, nothing. Failure isn't rewarded in PvE, so it shouldn't be rewarded in PvP. This will mean both schools of thought are being treated equally, right?

You have to be a troll.... show me where I said that credit sinks are not needed and I will show you how you like to twist words! And if I was able to make even close to 800k a day in pvp I wouldn't have made this thread... trust me you can't do it.

His thread titles get attention - that's the point of creating a thread. Ever read the headlines on the mags they sell at the grocery store in the check out isle? They are meant to suck you in, much like his thread titles do. Nothing wrong with what he titles it imo.

Except that he claimst that they are "Logical and Kind"...

I don't think it's wrong to use sensationalist headlines for threads... just saying that if you do, don't go around claiming they are "Logical and Kind" afterwards...

No the point is PvP gives the absolute least amount of money for the amount of time invested. I can make barely 30k an hour doing PvP, or I could to dailies or TFB and make well over 100k and hour.

Also the majority of people don't spend enough time online to exhaust the dailies.

Credit boxes?! Hardly anyone buys those since they cost a ridiculous about of comms for such a minute amount of credits.

And my point is that the OP (and others) seem to be lumping anything that isn't PvP into the PvE group and saying it's all profitable and all PvE players like doing it.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Dailies are chores... they are not something PvE players "like" doing.

Neither is Ops several times a week for most PvE players. Hardcore raiders, sure, but not most PvE players.

I would be willing to bet that the OP's preferred method of play earns him more money for the time invested than mine does.

I like playing the storylines. From lvl 1-50 with new characters, I'll make around 600k... in a few months. Compared to that, making 30k an hour sounds nice, doesn't it.

Point is that the money makers in this game, the dailies, the random and rare drops from ops, the GTN game and crafting.

They are rarely something that people do for "fun" or the mainstay of their gaming experience.

It's something they do as a chore to get money. So why shouldn't the OP have to do those same chores to make money?

What we have here is someone complaining that he isn't getting paid enough to do his hobby and asking why his hobby is not paying as much as what people who go to work get.

Incorrect pve dailies do not last all day.

Makeb - Maybe 1 hour

Oricion- Geared right 45 minutes at most (for everyone I know)

Section X- 30 minutes

CZ- 15-20 minutes

Belvasis- 45 minutes (due to the traveling)

Black Hole- 15-20 minutes

Now lets' add up the time: at the most about 4 hours.

So in your statement you said all day . All day is 24 hours so

24 hours - 4 hours = 20 hours left of the day.

Those are the dailies.

So your comment there is dailies for all day is incorrect. There is about 4 hours worth of dailies.

Most people make their credits on crafting. I know I do. I sell the end game stims and that is where my money comes from.

In addition, you can only do the dailies Once a Day and then you have to wait for the next day.

You say you want pvp to make the same amount of credits that Pve has. Okay fine but that would also meaning restricting your time to only 4 hours a day as that is the time it takes to do dailies for pve. So you want to be fair then if they raised the credits in pvp with something like pve has in dailies then pvp could only do pvp the same amount of time.

Somehow I don't think a lot of pvp players would like that.

Note: Operations are normally done once a week due to the time constraints (2 hours normally if you have a good group) unless you are a raider and that is few and far between.

Flashpoints are usually done for the weekly especially for lv 50-55 as there are weekly comms for those.

The story mode flashpoints are mostly done when people are leveling.

Edited by ArielaKnight

Except that he claimst that they are "Logical and Kind"...

I don't think it's wrong to use sensationalist headlines for threads... just saying that if you do, don't go around claiming they are "Logical and Kind" afterwards...

Again twisting words..../sigh ....look at what I actually said fruit loop! I said I have in the past made titles logical and kind, then I went on to make it clear that as of late I have purposefully made the titles more grabbing like this one to keep thread going.

Incorrect pve dailies do not last all day.

Makeb - Maybe 1 hour

Oricion- Geared right 45 minutes at most (for everyone I know)

Section X- 30 minutes

CZ- 15-20 minutes

Belvasis- 45 minutes (due to the traveling)

Black Hole- 15-20 minutes

Now lets' add up the time: at the most about 4 hours.

So in your statement you said all day . All day is 24 hours so

24 hours - 4 hours = 20 hours left of the day.

Those are the dailies.

Operations and Flashpoints most people do once a week for the weekly. Only serious raiders will do the operations more than that as operations run 2 hours if you have a very good group that knows what they are doing.

So your comment there is another dailies for all day is incorrect. There is about 4 hours worth of dailies.

Most people make their credits on crafting. I know I do. I sell the end game stims and that is where my money comes from.

In addition, you can only do the dailies Once a Day and then you have to wait for the next day.

You say you want pvp to make the same amount of credits that Pve has. Okay fine but that would also meaning restricting your time to only 4 hours a day as that is the time it takes to do dailies for pve. So you want to be fair then if they raised the credits in pvp with something like pve has in dailies then pvp could only do pvp the same amount of time.

Somehow I don't think a lot of pvp players would like that.

WOW THANKS! You just showed that it takes even less time than I thought to make all that money! :eek:

And you ofcourse ASSume that I was talking about only doing them with 1 character....lol

Edited by Malckiah

They should make the PvP Credits Lockboxes to drop more cash $_$

1 box = 50 wz comms = ~1,500 credits.

So ... to make a million ..... 1,000,000 / 1,500 = 666 boxes. Ok , lets take 600. 600 lockboxes x 50 wz comms = 30,000 comms. And how much comms you get per 1 WZ, ~ 12 minutes? You can do 4-5 WZs per hour. So ... you need 43254235235235235235233423423623523 hours to get a fancy looking speeder or armor from GTN.

And this is just for 1m credits ... how you supposed to buy a Rancor , Bantha , etc ... for 5-10-15m :D

That's some nice BS mathematics there...

Firstly, people seem to gloss over the money you get for just doing a WZ.

That's easily more than you get from the credit box.

Say at least 2000 creds per match. that's 10k per hour then.

Add to that 120 unranked coms per match, that's 600 per hour. Which translates into 12 boxes, so that's (12x1500) 18k more.

So far we are at around 28k per hour, so it's 35 hours to get 1 million.

Add to that the dailies (2 I believe?) that give you 300 unranked, that's 6 boxes (6x1500) worth 9k and 20k more in credits.

Then we have the Weeklies giving you 900 unranked, thus another 18 boxes giving (18x1500) 27k plus 20k more in credits.

Say you play 6 hours per day (as the OP seems to have alot of time on his hands).

That means you'll complete your dailies with ease, giving you 197k per day.

So far that means playing 5 days for that 1 million credits.

But let's add the weekly in there for kicks.

Then you are down to playing for 4.8 days.

So it's really not that hard to make a million just doing PvP it seems. You'll make around 1.426.000 credits per week if you play 6 hours per day as the OP seems to do (again, he claims to be able to do all the dailies every day AND run ops several times per week AND PvP on top of that. Easily a 6 hours per day play regiment).

Now, compare that to me playing the storyline from lvl 1-50 for example. Or someone playing GSF for 6 hours per day. Or someone playing Ops 6 hours per day (but take into account the time it takes to organize too).

It's not gonna look so bad then.

Ps. Using CyberneticDucks numbers here, so don't blame me if you think they are wrong.

No, what the OP wants is to make the same amount of money in the same time as Dailies, but without doing the dailies.

Most of his arguments have involved comparing the time spent vs the money gained to Dailies.

Dailies is not something that PvE players relish. It is not something we wake up in the morning going "oooh, I'm looking forward to doint this". It is not what most call "fun".

The OP wants to do what he thinks is fun and make the same money off it as others make doing chores. Why? Because he thinks that "anything non-PvP is automatically PvE" and thus thinks that all PvE players like doing Dailies.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.