Ask me anything / Training

Drakkolich

Also be aware that the snare is not what the tooltip says it is. The correct value is 40% for six seconds, so it's not really that powerful. The same thing is true of the regen lockout; it's 100% for six seconds. With those values in mind, the regen lockout is clearly more powerful under any circumstances. In my opinion, the only reason to run the snare is if you intend to stack it with interdiction mines. Edited by DakhathKilrathi

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also be aware that the snare is not what the tooltip says it is. The correct value is 40% for six seconds, so it's not really that powerful. The same thing is true of the regen lockout; it's 100% for six seconds. With those values in mind, the regen lockout is clearly more powerful under any circumstances. In my opinion, the only reason to run the snare is if you intend to stack it with interdiction mines.

This is exactly what I would have answered in case you were still waiting on my reply Greezt. Thanks Dakhath for the great response to his question. :)

Thanks Ryuku-sama and Nyghtrunner. This weekend I not only passed the 40% accuracy mark on my flashfire, I actually hit over 55% regularly! Great tip, so thanks.

Ramelina made a good point about DoTs preventing shield regeneration, so I have a new question: would it be worth considering the DoT on the T2 scout's clusters? I know the damage is the same with lower burst, but you could potentially waste less missiles if they break your lock, and if they run away you get more time to shoot them down before they get their shields back up... So is it worth it?

Thanks Ryuku-sama and Nyghtrunner. This weekend I not only passed the 40% accuracy mark on my flashfire, I actually hit over 55% regularly! Great tip, so thanks.

Ramelina made a good point about DoTs preventing shield regeneration, so I have a new question: would it be worth considering the DoT on the T2 scout's clusters? I know the damage is the same with lower burst, but you could potentially waste less missiles if they break your lock, and if they run away you get more time to shoot them down before they get their shields back up... So is it worth it?

No. Double Volley is way more damage. And ammo is only an issue in Dom. In TDM, running out of ammo requieres severe misplay or bad luck.

In my opinion the extra damage on Double Volley is just too much to give up. The fact that DoT's clip in GSF means it's an even bigger damage gap then it looks on paper. Really the only reason to take the DoT is if you really want to take the extra range upgrade and want to take the accuracy and arc crew passives.

I've tried out that build a few times and I just don't feel 2 degrees extra firing arc is ever worth 15%+ damage on Clusters.

Another quick question: Would 5% evasion be better or worse than 10% shields for a CP pike (with suppression)? In other words, Bowdaar or M1-4X?

It's probably really close normally but with Suppression I'd say the 5% Evasion is probably better. Strikes get a natural 5% Evasion on their chassis so with the 5% from crew you get 10% passive and suppression kills their accuracy by 25% so in total you get a 35% loss to the targets accuracy which is pretty awesome.

There's basically 4 big weapons you have to watch out for when using charged plating and those are Slug Railgun, Burst Laser Cannon and Heavy Laser Cannon and Rocket Pods. Evasion works really well on three of those however Burst Laser Cannon is like Janice from accounting, (John Oliver joke) it just don't give a ****.

Anyways that was a long explanation to say I'd probably go with the Evasion. :)

Edited by Drakkolich

In your latest stream you said that shield piercing multiplies with shield bleed through on CP. How does that work? Don't they just add up?

This was discovered through the Thermite dot tick damage numbers with multipliers. Shield Pierce was shown to add with shield pierce but the way the debuff of the thermite works as well as the damage caused by the thermite, we spent several tries trying to figure out where the minimal number of 142 was coming up, after trying multiple formula's the only one that gave the right answer was if the Bleed through and Shield Pierce are multiplicative, thus we now have that answer. Shield Pierce and Bleed through are multiplicative, but Shield Pierce and Shield Pierce is addative, and Bleed through and Bleed through are addative.

If I can find my post on it, mine was the one that discovered this interaction between pierce and bleed through. In other words you can blame me :p, but ya thus far all evidence points to it being multiplicative.

Edited by tunewalker

In your latest stream you said that shield piercing multiplies with shield bleed through on CP. How does that work? Don't they just add up?

So I had to go and watch that stream myself to figure out what you were talking about because I don't remember much from last night...

However Tune covered it really well.

Side note: Drunk Drako is apparently ruthless Drako, I just shredded those new pilots last night on that stream. Sorry to any of the new pilots I played against last night.

It's probably really close normally but with Suppression I'd say the 5% Evasion is probably better. Strikes get a natural 5% Evasion on their chassis so with the 5% from crew you get 10% passive and suppression kills their accuracy by 25% so in total you get a 35% loss to the targets accuracy which is pretty awesome.

There's basically 3 big weapons you have to watch out for when using charged plating and those are Slug Railgun, Burst Laser Cannon and Heavy Laser Cannon and Rocket Pods. Evasion works really well on three of those however Burst Laser Cannon is like Janice from accounting, (John Oliver joke) it just don't give a ****.

Anyways that was a long explanation to say I'd probably go with the Evasion. :)

So three is the new four ;)

I just came here to say a thing.. Yes BLC doesn't give a ****.. If it has TT or Wingman up. Without them, the 35% will make it so you can evade most of their edge shot.. it won't be enough to let you joust them.. but enough to let you survive longer until someone pin their *** on a wall with a slug ;)

This was discovered through the Thermite dot tick damage numbers with multipliers. Shield Pierce was shown to add with shield pierce but the way the debuff of the thermite works as well as the damage caused by the thermite, we spent several tries trying to figure out where the minimal number of 142 was coming up, after trying multiple formula's the only one that gave the right answer was if the Bleed through and Shield Pierce are multiplicative, thus we now have that answer. Shield Pierce and Bleed through are multiplicative, but Shield Pierce and Shield Pierce is addative, and Bleed through and Bleed through are addative.

If I can find my post on it, mine was the one that discovered this interaction between pierce and bleed through. In other words you can blame me :p, but ya thus far all evidence points to it being multiplicative.

How does that work exactly? Say, if I landed a shot with 16% piercing and 100% armor penetration on a target with 20% bleedthrough, what percentage would hit his hull? Because it can't be 3.2%... Can it? Or am I misunderstanding?

Side note: Drunk Drako is apparently ruthless Drako, I just shredded those new pilots last night on that stream. Sorry to any of the new pilots I played against last night.

I didn't wanna say anything... I rarely catch your streams live anyway.

So three is the new four ;)

I just came here to say a thing.. Yes BLC doesn't give a ****.. If it has TT or Wingman up. Without them, the 35% will make it so you can evade most of their edge shot.. it won't be enough to let you joust them.. but enough to let you survive longer until someone pin their *** on a wall with a slug ;)

Well, my plan is to try a Pike that can hold a node in DOM matches, so if a scout comes I want the best build to run away until someone kills him. So no jousting.

How does that work exactly? Say, if I landed a shot with 16% piercing and 100% armor penetration on a target with 20% bleedthrough, what percentage would hit his hull? Because it can't be 3.2%... Can it? Or am I misunderstanding?

1 - (1 - 0.16) * (1 - 0.20) = 32.8% shield pen

I didn't wanna say anything... I rarely catch your streams live anyway.

Other person showed the numbers much much better and explained it cleaner.... go with thiers. Basically a little over 32%

Edited by tunewalker

Well, my plan is to try a Pike that can hold a node in DOM matches, so if a scout comes I want the best build to run away until someone kills him. So no jousting.

I thought about this a little and I say no.

For DOM, if you wanna hold a node and absolutely use a strike, use the Clarion. The self heals are much better than the small dogfighting abilities you gain on a Pike.. Especially for CP build.

I thought about this a little and I say no.

For DOM, if you wanna hold a node and absolutely use a strike, use the Clarion. The self heals are much better than the small dogfighting abilities you gain on a Pike.. Especially for CP build.

I wanna have a fun build for DOM, and if it works well, even better. So I'll leave my clarion with evasion, and give my pike CP and lots of turning and armor pen.