Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware: Most of your players are pvp'ers.... figure it out!

Malckiah

Easier ways to generate money equal more money in peoples pockets. More money in peoples pockets equals more money being spent on the GTN. More money being spent on the GTN equals prices going up. Prices going up equals money being worth less and less. Money being worth less and less equals easier ways to generate money becoming a frustrating grind.

That is too much of a stretch my friend.... The amount of money would not really change, just how people go about getting it.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although.... if pvp makes more money..... then guys that live in their parents basements may have more time to do what they like. When guys who live in their parents basements have more time to do what they like they start making videos of themselves doing those things. When they start making videos of themselves doing those things they sometimes get noticed on youtube and it goes viral. When Those videos go viral kids get in trouble at school for watching them on their phones in class. When kids get in trouble at school for watching viral videos in class some of them get suspended from school. When these kids get suspended they make their own viral video and next thing you know it starts a vicious cycle until all kids are no longer in school and what would we do then. If the kids can't go to school then parents would have to spend more money to put them in daycare or pay for babysitters.... or at least their food bills would skyrocket. If their food bill skyrockets the they will have to cancel their swtor accounts. See the problem here? This is the same as your lame post...just lamer! Edited by Malckiah

Uh-huh. And you wonder why people react in a hostile fashion whenever you post. You're cute, I like you :)

Well this thread has been a nightmare....so my posts tend to be spent defending myself. I have lots of threads that go waaaaay smoother. I don't like for threads to go like this.

Just fyi....the community would be a lot better and far more productive if you guys focused less on attacking people and trying to belittle people and more time trying to actually discuss things in civilized manner.

I read your Original post before you deleted it. The amount of irony in this statement demands I start wearing hipwaders in your threads.

And people on the forums seem to be so quick lately to cut others... look around.... in pretty much every thread on here there are people that do nothing but cause trouble on threads which leads to crap like what happened here. Yes my Title started it here, but even after I made an honest attempt to change it around everyone continued to pick. I guess its easy to be evil.

I read your Original post before you deleted it. The amount of irony in this statement demands I start wearing hipwaders in your threads.

Really? Weird. I must just be bad at wording things I guess. I am sure it had some valid points.

There are not masses of people subscribing to the game anymore. Last official comment was 500,000. There have never been millions, it was mooted maybe 1.5M at launch which quickly fell to less than 500,000. They are suggesting that the F2P model worked to a degree in that it did lure in some new subs to increase the numbers back to the half million.

Please, get a sense of reality here.

We can all throw meaningless numbers around. The true F2P players are totally meaningless to these numbers as they contribute zero to the longevity of the game. If they do, then they are not really F2P.

And over time we have gained a few hundred thousand and lost just as many. I would say, guessing of course, there have been at least 5M Swtor accounts created... including F2P only, and returning preferreds. So, if in the course of 24 months, the game managed 2M unique accounts, spanned accross all 3 types of access, that means between the 250k active subs, the 500k F2P, and the 1.25M inactive accounts, that puts us close to a few million, active or inactive.

As for F2P not being F2P, using micro-transactions does not hinder the definition of F2P which commonly refers to no sub cost. Candy Crush is F2P, but you can buy boosts. Same with SWTOR. But in SWTOR's case, even the FTP or preferred models still gain some CC which to spend and perpetuate the game. In fact, it may even prompt them to sub/re-sub. Numbers are just a way of puting a name with a face. You can change any number you like to make the message clear, since ultimately it is understanding the game is not limited to the players actively in the game right now. In two years, and all those subs active or inactive, it still stands to reason that not every sub comes to the forums.

We are all a vocal minority.

Really? Weird. I must just be bad at wording things I guess. I am sure it had some valid points.

I'm sure it did, but they were obscured by the blind rage that ensued. Take it from someone who had the biggest meltdown in the history of this forum and ripped a new blackhole into 5 different trolls in a 4 hour rampage that ultimately earned me a 7 day suspension:

There is no emotion, there is only fact.

When you have a valid concern, make the thread but remember to be absolutely clear about your message, and leave the emotion and insults at the door. People will take you much more serious. However, even after a year, there are still people willing to throw that day in my face. I don't mind though, cause back then, I loved telling those trolls how I really felt. These days? After a long talk in a PM with a certain Bounty Hunter, I've discovered that taking things personally on these forums is a bad move. So, instead, I flip my Spock switch and use basic logic and facts, and leave the hyperbole/strawman/ad hominem/ad nauseum at the door.

I'm sure it did, but they were obscured by the blind rage that ensued. Take it from someone who had the biggest meltdown in the history of this forum and ripped a new blackhole into 5 different trolls in a 4 hour rampage that ultimately earned me a 7 day suspension:

When you have a valid concern, make the thread but remember to be absolutely clear about your message, and leave the emotion and insults at the door. People will take you much more serious. However, even after a year, there are still people willing to throw that day in my face. I don't mind though, cause back then, I loved telling those trolls how I really felt. These days? After a long talk in a PM with a certain Bounty Hunter, I've discovered that taking things personally on these forums is a bad move. So, instead, I flip my Spock switch and use basic logic and facts, and leave the hyperbole/strawman/ad hominem/ad nauseum at the door.

I like u friend. And to would like to purchase a Bioware Defender Repellant....lol!

I would just like to point out that on that infamous day one particular troll of all deserved the destruction you gave. Just saying.

Golly gee, I wonder who he is talking about.

Golly gee, I wonder who he is talking about.

I just didn't want to announce it and make folks think we are BFFs or something. You and I had a great conversation in a series of PM responses that opened my eyes to a lot of things. Since then, I now understand when someone is typing, they are not always angry, nor attacking me. Even if they are, it is still inconsequential since they are just words in a forum :D

I would just like to point out that on that infamous day one particular troll of all deserved the destruction you gave. Just saying.

Yes... she did. Everytime she used the word opinion, all I could hear in my head was "That's YOUR opinion Maneus!" lol

Well this is kinda interesting.

The OP states that he dislikes Dailies but does them anyway to make money.

That's also true for about 99% of the PvE crowd.

Almost nobody "likes" doing Dailies and would rather be doing something else.

As for ops with rare drops and reverse engineering those.

Yeah... It'll take quite a while to get those rare drops and managing to reverse engineer them and then get the rare mats to build them to make money.

If you had spent the same amount of time doing PvP and using the Wz coms to buy cash crates, you'd have a pretty massive amount of money.

I'm willing to bet that if you had just spent as much time doing just PvP and buying those cash crates as you do on dailies, ops and all that, you'd still have about the same amount of money.

It may LOOK like you make more money doing PvE, but you really don't.

Dailies isn't "PvE" content, it's grinding for money.

Ops isn't a cash-cow.

Crafting isn't something that is exclusive to PvE.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Well this is kinda interesting.

The OP states that he dislikes Dailies but does them anyway to make money.

That's also true for about 99% of the PvE crowd.

Almost nobody "likes" doing Dailies and would rather be doing something else.

As for ops with rare drops and reverse engineering those.

Yeah... It'll take quite a while to get those rare drops and managing to reverse engineer them and then get the rare mats to build them to make money.

If you had spent the same amount of time doing PvP and using the Wz coms to buy cash crates, you'd have a pretty massive amount of money.

I'm willing to bet that if you had just spent as much time doing just PvP and buying those cash crates as you do on dailies, ops and all that, you'd still have about the same amount of money.

It may LOOK like you make more money doing PvE, but you really don't.

Dailies isn't "PvE" content, it's grinding for money.

Ops isn't a cash-cow.

Crafting isn't something that is exclusive to PvE.

You are making a mountain out of a molehill.

ok.....I just want this thread to end already. But as a last thought..... What if when 3.0 came out the most needed material for mods and armoring was through pvp only instead of pve? What harm would it do? What would the pve'ers think of that? Food for thought. Goodbye! :)

ok.....I just want this thread to end already. But as a last thought..... What if when 3.0 came out the most needed material for mods and armoring was through pvp only instead of pve? What harm would it do? What would the pve'ers think of that? Food for thought. Goodbye! :)

Correct me if I'm wrong (since I don't really play highlevel content all that much), but don't you get 'the most needed material for mods and armorings' via, well, gathering missions and gathering? I might be missing something there, of course. But if thats the case - neither gathering nor gathering missions are in fact PvE content. They are a timesink, nothing more, nothing less.

Correct me if I'm wrong (since I don't really play highlevel content all that much), but don't you get 'the most needed material for mods and armorings' via, well, gathering missions and gathering? I might be missing something there, of course. But if thats the case - neither gathering nor gathering missions are in fact PvE content. They are a timesink, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed. They neither "require" PvE or PvP, not withstanding battling NPCs or other players for the resources. :)

Isotope 5 is only obtained through pve commendations.

As well Mass Manipulation generators which are very needed drop in ops and go for 750- 800k each!

(edited for more mature content)

Edited by Malckiah

I would agree...

But I don't think you can quantify it like that because of the nature of the activities...PvE NEEDS 10x's the number of things to do because it's all scripted and static content, whereas PvP is different every time. Variety is needed to keep PvE 'fresh' but every PvP or GSF match is unique.

As far as time to complete things - a full Voidstar PvP match takes longer than a full NiM EV run. I ran the TFB/SnV weekly on Sunday in about 25 min total for both.

So...I still classify it as 3 end game categories to participate in.

Well this thread moved a bunch since last night.

I mostly agree with (or at least understand) what you're saying, but my main point that I was trying to get at, and possibly not successfully, was that once you've been through a warzone once you've pretty much seen what there is to see. Sure it goes a bit differently each time, and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but it's still the same warzone. At that point you're not really missing out on anything, unless you enjoy it. It's not all that different from someone only doing an operation once. Sure, they could run it over and over until the end of time, but they won't really be missing out on the content if they've just done it the once.

Isotope 5 is only obtained through pve commendations.

As well Mass Manipulation generators which are very needed drop in ops and go for 750- 800k each!

If I were u I would say Deal with it!.... but I don't need to.

Thank you for the correction. See, we could have a nice discussion here, but every single time it kinda goes down that road you come and add another snide remark. You're really hurting yourself with that attitude, I'd recommend losing it if you want a discussion, otherwise you will continue to get hostile responses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.