Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware: Most of your players are pvp'ers.... figure it out!

Malckiah

As you can see I have tried to turn this into a productive thread and you guys keep attacking me and being rude. Just stick to the topic mentioned in my first post if you are interested in keeping the thread going. Otherwise just stop responding and let it die already! If you can't say anything nice just be quiet.

Follow your own *********** advice. Again you did not start a constructive thread, you started a thread making bogus claims and when you were found wrong you decided to call people trolls because they disagreed with you. So no we won't keep quiet and if we feel you wrong we will tell you.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see, there you go again, attacking people for disagreeing with you. productive doesn't always mean saying yes, you are right, productive is also saying why what you are saying is wrong and not worth consideration you think its worth.

and incidentally? pvp is quite possibly the most profitable activity with little downside. you get paid for every match. win or lose. you have NO repair bills. you can literally trade in extra warzone coms for money in addition to quest rewards. part of the reason I started pvping more while leveling was becasue I realized just how much easier it makes your life - after seeing my SO rack up more credits by lvl 20 then I've ever seen while leveling through pve alone. you get cheap, moddable gear at lvl 20 and lvl 40. you get earpieces and implants, which otherwise are a pain to get. you can trade warzone coms for planetary coms and buy more upgrades that way. medpacks and adrenals for pvp - are both quest rewards and cheap warzone com purchases - making it self supporting, since you literally don't need to be spending credits if you don't want to. and now? they have added even MORE daily/weekly quests. whenever I raid progression, i have to go figure out how to make up the funds. whenever I mostly pvp - no such issue.

Follow your own *********** advice. Again you did not start a constructive thread, you started a thread making bogus claims and when you were found wrong you decided to call people trolls because they disagreed with you. So no we won't keep quiet and if we feel you wrong we will tell you.

Do we live in the past or the present? I am pretty sure by the time you chose to type that last comment of yours the thread had already taken a different direction. There is no need to continue acting like little 8 year olds. If you cannot contribute to the thread in a way that brings forth a healthy discussion or debate then please do not post.

see, there you go again, attacking people for disagreeing with you. productive doesn't always mean saying yes, you are right, productive is also saying why what you are saying is wrong and not worth consideration you think its worth.

and incidentally? pvp is quite possibly the most profitable activity with little downside. you get paid for every match. win or lose. you have NO repair bills. you can literally trade in extra warzone coms for money in addition to quest rewards. part of the reason I started pvping more while leveling was becasue I realized just how much easier it makes your life - after seeing my SO rack up more credits by lvl 20 then I've ever seen while leveling through pve alone. you get cheap, moddable gear at lvl 20 and lvl 40. you get earpieces and implants, which otherwise are a pain to get. you can trade warzone coms for planetary coms and buy more upgrades that way. medpacks and adrenals for pvp - are both quest rewards and cheap warzone com purchases - making it self supporting, since you literally don't need to be spending credits if you don't want to. and now? they have added even MORE daily/weekly quests. whenever I raid progression, i have to go figure out how to make up the funds. whenever I mostly pvp - no such issue.

These people are not disagreeing with things that are in any way valid now, they are just being rude. And your statement is in fact wrong. I can pvp all day long everyday for a week and still not have near the money that I would if I did pve content for 1 day or used the pve content to make money as I have shown in a prior post. Please o great one please tell me how I can make 20 million credits pvp'ing??? And do not say that is not a real figure. I have well over 100 million spread over all my toons, but it all comes mostly from grinding out pve content and crafting.... things I would rather not do.

........................There are hundreds of thousands of players who never even step foot in here....................................

There are not masses of people subscribing to the game anymore. Last official comment was 500,000. There have never been millions, it was mooted maybe 1.5M at launch which quickly fell to less than 500,000. They are suggesting that the F2P model worked to a degree in that it did lure in some new subs to increase the numbers back to the half million.

Please, get a sense of reality here.

We can all throw meaningless numbers around. The true F2P players are totally meaningless to these numbers as they contribute zero to the longevity of the game. If they do, then they are not really F2P.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

If there was a way to delete this thread I would have. I admit that I was in a weird mood when I titled it and it unfortunately has lead to a rather sour thread (for the most part). It is sad that so many in our community are so rude and driven to simply make someone look stupid, even if that person has a valid argument.

Sorry you feel that way, but maybe if you'd brought a valid argument to the thread in the first place, instead of the original OP, which you subsequently deleted and replaced with this, along with picking your name better, you might have received a better reception.

As far as most of the people being pvp'ers. Only Bioware could answer that to be sure and to be honest it doesn't really matter. You guys could argue the title statement all day like idiots and get nowhere. Food for the trolls I suppose. Though I do believe still that there are more pvp'ers than there are people that play operations and the like. And I do think the forum numbers reflect this....LOL!

It's amazing, you've come 180 degrees from your original claim, see the topic title. However, since this is take 2 on the opening post, and the original version completely supported the topic title. Discussion ran the course it did because you led it in that direction.

But to move on.... if this thread which should be deleted continues, let it continue for a purpose other than trolling and being rude to others.

Pvp'ers do tend to get the shaft in a few areas. The main one that bothers me is that we have no way to make the big money as those who participate in our counterpart. As an example: A person who runs operations can not only make a fortune off of selling loot drops, but they can use those loot drops, reverse engineer them and make a fortune from selling the highest level mods in the game.....some are easily 3 million each on my server. For those who are less advantageous, they can turn in their basic commendations for Isotope 5....which sells for 100k each.

Pvp'ers need things like this implemented to allow us to make money in similar fashion. The fact is there are people who pvp. There are people who pve. And there are people who do both. Being that this is a game and play styles vary, it is only fair to have equal options for making money on both fronts.

So if for no other reason I wanted this thread to address this issue. (PVP'ers need a permanent way to earn large amounts of credits as the PVE'ers have.) People should not have to play parts of the game that they dislike just to make credits. I believe fixing this issue would also fix queue times for pvp as well.

Sorry that my original title was sooo far off course.

Don't you get paid for completing PvP missions? Isn't this also offset by the fact that you don't have repair costs? Regarding Isotope 5, you are not locked out of content where the comms dropped, just as I am not locked out of WZs if I wanted to PvP for relics, or for a PvP set. It's kind of like a trade off, isn't it? You choose to not PvE for comms, and are therefore cut off from those comms. There's no reason to offset that, all you have to do is go run some dailies, and you can make enough comms every day to buy 1 and list it for sale. If you hit them more religiously than I do, you can maybe earn enough comms a day for 2. You choose to cut yourself off from this content, it's not a decision made by the game. Play the game, get the comms, and do what you will with them.

These people are not disagreeing with things that are in any way valid now, they are just being rude. And your statement is in fact wrong. I can pvp all day long everyday for a week and still not have near the money that I would if I did pve content for 1 day or used the pve content to make money as I have shown in a prior post. Please o great one please tell me how I can make 20 million credits pvp'ing??? And do not say that is not a real figure. I have well over 100 million spread over all my toons, but it all comes mostly from grinding out pve content and crafting.... things I would rather not do.

I don't have 20 million credits from pve content either. so....

and I've never been able to get anywhere near that, through doing flashpoints, ops and general questing. I'd have to grind dailies like crazy if I were to do that through quests, and part of that money would have to go towards repairs. and progression raiding? I end up having to do dailies anyways, just to recoup repair costs. and guess how much an average daily awards. take a wild guess. no wait, don't, I'll tell you. the same as average pvp match. and that's not counting ability to trade in coms for credits and no repair bills/health packs to worry about. so tell me again, WHY should bioware increase amount of credits you get from pvp again? becasue it seems perfectly on par to me.

crafting? in a way, yes, crafting can make money. as can flipping cartel packs etc. but that's a minor minigame in a sea of other pve activities. you CHOSE not to participate in it. doesn't mean bioware should bend over backwards to give in to your demands.

Well, let's see.

40 WZ coms will buy you a credit box containing, on average, around 1300 credits.

Assuming you get around 40 coms per match, that would mean you'd have to play around 15400 matches to get 20 million.

Say you play 20 matches per day, that'd be 76 days.

Of course, you still earn credits by playing matches without buying the boxes so the number of days would be even lower (About half, assuming you get around 1300 credits per match, I don't play much so I'm not up on that number).

That brings it to 48 days to make 20 million.

Now, doing the dailies will net you a tidy sum... I don't have a current number, but back in 1.5 you earned 267.938 credits for doing the dailies. That turns out to be 75 days to make 20 million.

Now, I'm not counting weeklies on either side because I don't have those and I'm not counting costs for repair on the PvE part either.

But you can see that the numbers are not that bad for the PvP players.

Remember, most people don't make 20 million doing PvE activities in a week... It's a long and steady stream of income that is gained by grinding.

At least with PvP you get to do what you like doing.

As for earning cash from crafting, well that's not something you have to sit around to do... that's something you do while playing PvP (or PvE for PvE players). So that doesn't count.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Sorry you feel that way, but maybe if you'd brought a valid argument to the thread in the first place, instead of the original OP, which you subsequently deleted and replaced with this, along with picking your name better, you might have received a better reception.

It's amazing, you've come 180 degrees from your original claim, see the topic title. However, since this is take 2 on the opening post, and the original version completely supported the topic title. Discussion ran the course it did because you led it in that direction.

Don't you get paid for completing PvP missions? Isn't this also offset by the fact that you don't have repair costs? Regarding Isotope 5, you are not locked out of content where the comms dropped, just as I am not locked out of WZs if I wanted to PvP for relics, or for a PvP set. It's kind of like a trade off, isn't it? You choose to not PvE for comms, and are therefore cut off from those comms. There's no reason to offset that, all you have to do is go run some dailies, and you can make enough comms every day to buy 1 and list it for sale. If you hit them more religiously than I do, you can maybe earn enough comms a day for 2. You choose to cut yourself off from this content, it's not a decision made by the game. Play the game, get the comms, and do what you will with them.

LOL....are u trolling or what!? Pick my name better.....ROFL..... its a name.... that can be nothing more than your OPINION of it....Get a life! And forgive me o wonderful perfect one for making a mistake and titling this thread wrong!

And the point that I have been making that you can't seem to understand is that this is a game and different people play the game differently. Pvp'ers are not some obscure small bunch who happen to be in this game.....we are a huge number of players who help to make this game possible. Since it is a game people should be able to PLAY it in a way that is to their liking and have an equal way to make a living as much as the pve counterpart. I am not talking about cheesball credits, I am talking about the millions that can be easily obtained through pvp content. There is NO reason whatsoever that Bioware shouldn't or couldn't implement a wa for pvp'ers to make GOOD money other than you want to argue. I have no problem with pve'ers doing what they enjoy and making money.... so why should you have a problem with pvp'ers doing so!.....Evil perhaps?

Well, let's see.

40 WZ coms will buy you a credit box containing, on average, around 1300 credits.

Assuming you get around 40 coms per match, that would mean you'd have to play around 15400 matches to get 20 million.

Say you play 20 matches per day, that'd be 76 days.

Of course, you still earn credits by playing matches without buying the boxes so the number of days would be even lower (About half, assuming you get around 1300 credits per match, I don't play much so I'm not up on that number).

That brings it to 48 days to make 20 million.

Now, doing the dailies will net you a tidy sum... I don't have a current number, but back in 1.5 you earned 267.938 credits for doing the dailies. That turns out to be 75 days to make 20 million.

Now, I'm not counting weeklies on either side because I don't have those and I'm not counting costs for repair on the PvE part either.

But you can see that the numbers are not that bad for the PvE players.

Remember, most people don't make 20 million doing PvE activities in a week... It's a long and steady stream of income that is gained by grinding.

At least with PvP you get to do what you like doing.

I appreciate that you tried to actually discuss the topic instead of just being a jerk. However your numbers are indeed very skewed and it doesn't take into account that the ways I was initially referring to making money through pve are not the ones you listed. When I do all the pve dailies I easily make 1 million credits (in 1 day). However I also from that get the option to buy isotope 5 which raises that even higher. I can pvp ALL day and get NOWHERE near this.

Edited by Malckiah

What I was originally referring to as far as pve'ers being able to make the big money I will show again.

Lets say bob the builder goes through operations and gets a nice loot drop. Bob the builder is also a cybertech. He reverse engineers the piece to get the schematic to make a high lvl mod. Then Bob the builder advertises that if other provide the mats he will make the mod for them for free. As he is making the mods he will sometimes crit and those crits he can either keep or sell for an easy 2 or 3 million each. This money adds up very fast indeed. His overall investment was time and the cost to repair which is very small in comparison.

If I don't like that I can still farm for basic comms pretty fast and sell those for 100k each easy. This adds up very fast as well.

In pvp I can do nothing like either of these. At best I can try to purchase one of the pve guys drops so I can reverse engineer it myself, but then here the pve guy is making even more money and I just spent a fortune.

What I was originally referring to as far as pve'ers being able to make the big money I will show again.

Lets say bob the builder goes through operations and gets a nice loot drop. Bob the builder is also a cybertech. He reverse engineers the piece to get the schematic to make a high lvl mod. Then Bob the builder advertises that if other provide the mats he will make the mod for them for free. As he is making the mods he will sometimes crit and those crits he can either keep or sell for an easy 2 or 3 million each. This money adds up very fast indeed. His overall investment was time and the cost to repair which is very small in comparison.

If I don't like that I can still farm for basic comms pretty fast and sell those for 100k each easy. This adds up very fast as well.

In pvp I can do nothing like either of these. At best I can try to purchase one of the pve guys drops so I can reverse engineer it myself, but then here the pve guy is making even more money and I just spent a fortune.

lets redo this scenario.

bob the builder is lucking enough after raiding for weeks to get a drop he can reverse engineer. bob the builder has to now get a few more of these drops, as back up - which requires not only for those drops to happen, but also for him to win those drops. bob the builder still has an extremely high chance of NOT being able to get that schematic as reverse engineering is NOT guaranteed.

but lets say, bob the builder gets lucky and gets his schematic after only a few losses. now... bob the builder not only has to find customers, but bob the builder has to hope to be lucky enough to get a crit on his craft. which is about as rare as reverse engineering schematic from a purple quality item.

repairs with high end raiding gears are close to 6k per wipe + extras here and there. you need to buy/craft medpacks and stims and adrenals if you want to do higher end content that drops things that can potentially sell for millions. and you cannot just keep doing the content. you have weekly lockouts AND weekly limits. this is months of investment for maybe high return. those high end items? they take time to sell too.

oh and lets not forget. you can phone it in during pvp and still get your coms and your credits and your valor. you can do it solo in virtually any gear. you may not be as successful on individual level, but entry barrier is pretty much nonexistent for regular pvp.

while pve, the sort of pve that can potentially give high crafting returns? requires you to put in effort to not only gear appropriately (and before upcoming bolster gets brought up, stuff from regular raids costs more to craft then it sells for and hasn't been worth it in a long long time, and there is no bolster for hardmodes), but find a team capable of consistently clearing that content. and be good enough to be welcome on such team.

or in other words? you put in higher effort, take higher risks? and you may get higher reward from it. working as intended.

Edited by Jeweledleah

lets redo this scenario.

bob the builder is lucking enough after raiding for weeks to get a drop he can reverse engineer. bob the builder has to now get a few more of these drops, as back up - which requires not only for those drops to happen, but also for him to win those drops. bob the builder still has an extremely high chance of NOT being able to get that schematic as reverse engineering is NOT guaranteed.

but lets say, bob the builder gets lucky and gets his schematic after only a few losses. now... bob the builder not only has to find customers, but bob the builder has to hope to be lucky enough to get a crit on his craft. which is about as rare as reverse engineering schematic from a purple quality item.

repairs with high end raiding gears are close to 6k per wipe + extras here and there. you need to buy/craft medpacks and stims and adrenals if you want to do higher end content that drops things that can potentially sell for millions. and you cannot just keep doing the content. you have weekly lockouts AND weekly limits. this is months of investment for maybe high return. those high end items? they take time to sell too.

oh and lets not forget. you can phone it in during pvp and still get your coms and your credits and your valor. you can do it solo in virtually any gear. you may not be as successful on individual level, but entry barrier is pretty much nonexistent for regular pvp.

while pve, the sort of pve that can potentially give high crafting returns? requires you to put in effort to not only gear appropriately (and before upcoming bolster gets brought up, stuff from regular raids costs more to craft then it sells for and hasn't been worth it in a long long time, and there is no bolster for hardmodes), but find a team capable of consistently clearing that content. and be good enough to be welcome on such team.

or in other words? you put in higher effort, take higher risks? and you may get higher reward from it. working as intended.

Unfortunately you do not have a leg to stand on here. I already make a fortune doing what I described and it does make a fortune. However the whole reason for this thread is because I don't like having to pve to get my fortune. There just simply is no way to make the big bucks with pvp....period. Give me something at least that is equal to the isotope 5 opportunity and I will be happy..... so long as I can play the way I want (pvp) and do it.

Unfortunately you do not have a leg to stand on here. I already make a fortune doing what I described and it does make a fortune. However the whole reason for this thread is because I don't like having to pve to get my fortune. There just simply is no way to make the big bucks with pvp....period. Give me something at least that is equal to the isotope 5 opportunity and I will be happy..... so long as I can play the way I want (pvp) and do it.

And why are you allowed to get your cake and eat it too? If the most viable method to make money is doing a little bit of dailies why not do them?

And why are you allowed to get your cake and eat it too? If the most viable method to make money is doing a little bit of dailies why not do them?

I do them indeed, but I cant stand them. It is not difficult for them to give people a way to make this kind of money through pvp.

It would fix a few problems.... on some servers the pvp queue is quite long....this would be incentive for those who enjoy pvping to do what they enjoy and make money rather than perhaps go grind

Edited by Malckiah

except. I do. and you know it.

you just don't want to accept it.

I'm tempted to ask why would you need a fortune anyways, seeing as you just apparently like to pvp and pvping most certainly DOESN"T require a fortune, but you'll just dismiss is as inconsequential because you don't like to be questioned. it blows holes in your unreasonable desires. incidentally, on my server which according to guildie is one of the more pricey ones for endgame mats - isotopes go for about 90k a piece. 35 dailies to get extra 90k a piece. is that really worth it? is that really that much of an advantage over just getting steady income doing something you actualy enjoy?

and guess what? on some servers pvp queue is not long becasue people are grinding instead. its long becasue not a lot of people on those servers actualy, oh i don't know - have fun with pvp? which blows yet another hole in your theory of pvper majority.

Edited by Jeweledleah

except. I do. and you know it.

you just don't want to accept it.

I'm tempted to ask why would you need a fortune anyways, seeing as you just apparently like to pvp and pvping most certainly DOESN"T require a fortune, but you'll just dismiss is as inconsequential because you don't like to be questioned. it blows holes in your unreasonable desires. incidentally, on my server which according to guildie is one of the more pricey ones for endgame mats - isotopes go for about 90k a piece. 35 dailies to get extra 90k a piece. is that really worth it? is that really that much of an advantage over just getting steady income doing something you actualy enjoy?

and guess what? on some servers pvp queue is not long becasue people are grinding instead. its long becasue not a lot of people on those servers actualy, oh i don't know - have fun with pvp? which blows yet another hole in your theory of pvper majority.

Really? WHy do I need a fortune?.....Really? Everything on the GTN costs money.....all the adaptable gear costs money. Guild banks cost money, guild ships will cost money. Everything costs money and you ask why would I need a fortune?

And you have blown no hole in anything I have said kit luka. I am a firm believer that this is a game and everyone should have a way to make money equally doing what is fun for them.

You are a very slippery debater, Mal. Every time someone shoots down one of your "facts" (or in one case, you shoot them down yourself), you cry "Irrelevant! That's not what I meant!"

Here's what it boils down to. Play what you like. If you hate doing dailies, stop doing them. If you need the money for orange shells, do more PvP. Why are you whining when you could be playing? Oh! Right! Because you're trolling (and I'm feeding the troll, so it's not like I'm much better :rolleyes:)!

The fact is, this game caters to PvE players because the GRAND MAJORITY of people who play the game dabble in PvP at most. You yourself have "proven" this with your dubious poll. It is very likely to continue to cater to PvE players because that's where the money is, and that's what the design is behind this game (at it's heart, it's a Bioware game--PvP was added as an afterthought).

If you're really butthurt over this, then stop trolling and go find a game that caters to your playstyle.

Although it *is* funny to watch you thrash about, so if you want to carry on, I'll watch!

You are a very slippery debater, Mal. Every time someone shoots down one of your "facts" (or in one case, you shoot them down yourself), you cry "Irrelevant! That's not what I meant!"

Here's what it boils down to. Play what you like. If you hate doing dailies, stop doing them. If you need the money for orange shells, do more PvP. Why are you whining when you could be playing? Oh! Right! Because you're trolling (and I'm feeding the troll, so it's not like I'm much better :rolleyes:)!

The fact is, this game caters to PvE players because the GRAND MAJORITY of people who play the game dabble in PvP at most. You yourself have "proven" this with your dubious poll. It is very likely to continue to cater to PvE players because that's where the money is, and that's what the design is behind this game (at it's heart, it's a Bioware game--PvP was added as an afterthought).

If you're really butthurt over this, then stop trolling and go find a game that caters to your playstyle.

Although it *is* funny to watch you thrash about, so if you want to carry on, I'll watch!

Irrelevant! No jk. I actually liked reading your post....I don't agree with it though. If I was a troll I would not keep making valid points and trying to keep things somewhat on task. And as I have said if "doin pvp" made THE money I would just pvp. It is wrong for you to say that pvp was an afterthought htough.... I have been more involved than the typical person with this game since way before launch and I know it was never an afterthought. This game suits me fine. Its too bad you apparently do not understand that the forums are utilized as one way the players have a voice.

LOL....are u trolling or what!? Pick my name better.....ROFL..... its a name.... that can be nothing more than your OPINION of it....Get a life! And forgive me o wonderful perfect one for making a mistake and titling this thread wrong!

And the point that I have been making that you can't seem to understand is that this is a game and different people play the game differently. Pvp'ers are not some obscure small bunch who happen to be in this game.....we are a huge number of players who help to make this game possible. Since it is a game people should be able to PLAY it in a way that is to their liking and have an equal way to make a living as much as the pve counterpart. I am not talking about cheesball credits, I am talking about the millions that can be easily obtained through pvp content. There is NO reason whatsoever that Bioware shouldn't or couldn't implement a wa for pvp'ers to make GOOD money other than you want to argue. I have no problem with pve'ers doing what they enjoy and making money.... so why should you have a problem with pvp'ers doing so!.....Evil perhaps?

I actually meant the name of the thread, and should have said title, but this is exactly why the thread went where it went. You can try to play victim a bit more if you like, but hey, it's in print, how long until we see "Deleted" on this post?

I never said they were, I said you chose to cut yourself out of some content, and are now begging to get compensated because you choose not to play it. You're not going to garner any sympathy from me, or anyone else, because you choose to cut yourself off from content. It is provided for everyone to play, all you have to do is do it. You choose not to, so sit back and enjoy the game the way you choose to play it.

I actually meant the name of the thread, and should have said title, but this is exactly why the thread went where it went. You can try to play victim a bit more if you like, but hey, it's in print, how long until we see "Deleted" on this post?

I never said they were, I said you chose to cut yourself out of some content, and are now begging to get compensated because you choose not to play it. You're not going to garner any sympathy from me, or anyone else, because you choose to cut yourself off from content. It is provided for everyone to play, all you have to do is do it. You choose not to, so sit back and enjoy the game the way you choose to play it.

I never said cut myself off from content....I made it clear that I do participate in pve content....albeit reluctantly. The fact is you and all the others that have posted against me are just being rather lame. Reason I say this is because I am not asking for anything negative toward pve or for any part of the game to be nerfed. So what I am asking for hurts no one. I am simply asking for equality in finances amongst different playstyles. If you have an issue with that I would love to see your reasoning! It is a game...It is supposed to be fun. The more you force people to grind because they have to the more ou will lose people. It's called a grind for a reason.

I'm taking bets on how long it'll take until he starts deleting his comments again.

I wont....I only deleted the first set of comments because the thread started off bad due to my crappy Title. I wish I could delete the thread, but since I can't I am trying to make the most of it.

Easier ways to generate money equal more money in peoples pockets. More money in peoples pockets equals more money being spent on the GTN. More money being spent on the GTN equals prices going up. Prices going up equals money being worth less and less. Money being worth less and less equals easier ways to generate money becoming a frustrating grind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.